Mega Man/Rockman X 25th Anniversary Logo Spotted

Dec 8, 2017

Well, this came outta nowhere...

Upcoming Rockman X merchandise has shown off a new logo signifying Capcom also has plans for X's 25th Anniversary in December. This will definitely be adorned on the Mega Man X Legacy Collections, but what else could be coming? Certainly, they wouldn't just make a logo for a rerelease of old games. X got a huge push in Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite, and there's also this official redesign that only made it's first appearance in a game with Infinite last year as DLC:

What could be going on here? Is Mega Man X9 happening?

Last edited:

superNESjoe

Developer at Limited Run Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I'd be so worried about a Mega Man X revival. That series has a lot of really rough entries. I feel like the OG series has maybe 2 bad games, but half the X games are rough to terrible.

Oct 25, 2017
I think this is just a celebratory thing and doesn't really mean we're getting a new game, at least not this year. If anything it'll be on the cover of the upcoming collection and well, merchandise.

X9 is obviously just a matter of time at this point, IMO.

(I had no idea that redesign made it as Infinite DLC, that's cool).

Dec 28, 2017
Sucks they wasted the Maverick Hunter X name on a PSP remake.
Would've been the perfect name for a reboot, which is what this series needs

Oct 26, 2017
They should just take the MM11 engine and re-use it for X9. I think it’d work fine. Change the robot and level aesthetics, of course.

Oct 25, 2017

This came outta nowhere...upcoming Rockman X merchandise has shown off a new logo signifying Capcom also has plans for X's 25th Anniversary in December. This will dedtineky be adorned on the Mega Man X Legacy Collections, but what else could be coming? Certainly they wouldn't make a logo for a rerelease of old games, right? X got a huge push in Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite, there's also this official redesign that only made it's first appearance in a game with Infinite last year as DLC:

What could be going on here? Is Mega Man X9 happening?
Wasn't that redesign originally an April Fools thing that was a parody of the Gundam Ver Ka(Version Katoki) models?

Oct 29, 2017
I'd be so worried about a Mega Man X revival. That series has a lot of really rough entries. I feel like the OG series has maybe 2 bad games, but half the X games are rough to terrible.
After 4 they go to shit.

Capcom should get a team of fans to do a 16-bit revival a la Sonic Mania (and if I recall MM9?).

Oct 25, 2017
Mega Man, X and Zero are all fantastic and valid.

That said, as a huge fan of Classic Mega Man, gimme the next X game. I am so ready for an X9

Nov 30, 2017
Megaman Z >>>>>> Megaman X >>>>>>>>>>> mainline
As a whole, yeah. X5-X7 really bring down the series as a whole. Zero's weakest entry is 4 and even that's still a perfectly decent game at the end of the day.

Zero 1-4 Vs. X1-X4 is a much more interesting debate.

Oct 25, 2017
Legends > Zero > X > EXE > Classic > ZX >>>>>>> SF

X1 is the best game of all though.

This franchise has a serious issue with overdesigning shit.
Mainly just the later X games. The early ones and most of the other series looked great.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Legends > Zero > X > EXE > Classic > ZX >>>>>>> SF

X1 is the best game of all though.

Mainly just the later X games. The early ones and most of the other series looked great.
I dunno bout that.

I think X1 should be the limit to this silliness.

Eylos

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Great tier X1, X4
Good tier X2,X3
Ordinary tier X5
Ordinary to bad X6
Bad X7
Never played X8

But yeah the series needs a reboot the story was saturated

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Great tier X1, X4
Good tier X2,X3
Ordinary tier X5
Ordinary to bad X6
Bad X7
Never played X8

But yeah the series needs a reboot the story was saturated
Except for two stages that are vehicular auto-scrollers, I remember X8 being pretty decent.

Feb 13, 2018
New Jersey
Hopefully it's more than just a legacy collection. Rather than X9, I hope Capcom does a full on reboot; because let's face it, X isn't relevant to gaming today (but he sure as hell can be) and the storyline makes not goddamn sense.

Oct 29, 2017
Santa Monica
Team, the few who is happy to see new X related content and isn't bitching and moaning about designs/redesigns. Literally supported MVCI just for X... Really shame how that whole thing turned out. I'm just glad to see Capcom remembers he exists.