• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If they do X as reboot, then make it like Mortal Konbat 8. Meaning time travel from ZX Advent.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Megaman X was the first game I ever played. I would be all over this!

X > Zero > Classic for me. I put Legends and the BN/Starforce games in their own lane.

We don't talk about the ZX series

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Mega Man X games seemed trickier to make. The ones that were good were better than most of the mainline games, but the rest weren't very good... at all.

Still, if this means getting a new X game, I'm all in.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
Yeah X was supposed to end with X5 but it didn't, and the last game, X8, ended in a pretty huge cliffhanger so of course we want more.

That's pretty much how I feel haha. If X ended with X5 it would have gone down as the finest 2D platforming series ever but Capcom got greedy and kept it going. Now I've needed an X9 for 15 years!

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
That's pretty much how I feel haha. If X ended with X5 it would have gone down as the finest 2D platforming series ever but Capcom got greedy and kept it going. Now I've needed an X9 for 15 years!

I as far as i'm concerned X did end with X5...inafune even said they ended the game definitively with a closed ending....but execs went behind his back and started work on X6 without his knowing. so if we're talking canon...that's pretty much the story as it exists

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
1000119943_2.jpg

LOL. I keep wondering how the hell do you pilot a mech using motorcycle controls?

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
I mean...it's pitiable that MvCI wasn't a better game, but I truly believed that all the X series fanservice in that title was to prep for...whatever was next for that side of the brand.

I'll just be glad to see what exactly that is, after enjoying MM11!

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Misread as Ver.Ka and had to double take.

Also, that logo looks like a modern Sonic logo to me. For better or worse.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love the zero series and x series and will take either at this point. But it has to be a proper port. We can't get 240p so I want it to be scaled properly and with a scanline option.

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
That redesign was not in infinite! This one is an april fool from capcom way before, that angered a lot of people!

http://nerdreactor.com/2014/04/06/capcom-april-fools-joke-results-in-sadder-mega-man-fans/

Truforce collectible then launched a kickstarter to make a figure out of it, i've got it and it's the best megaman X figure i possess! This also have metal parts and so on, not just plastic :

Truforce-MMX.jpg

I love this figure so goddamn much. I hope they make a figure of the Zero design that was DLC for Infinite as well.

moustascheman

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
I hope it's an elf wars game using the MMZ designs for X and Zero as well as MMZ's ranking system. I also hope that it has the same speed and freedom of movement as MMZ instead of the slower MMX games.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't get your hopes up, it could just be for Mega Mission.

Still, I hope the X redesign gets its time to shine rather than being wasted in Infinite. It's frustrating that a game with so much Mega Man X fanservice was just so bungled.

I do wonder about people who say they prefer MMZ's artstyle. Now it seems to be popular opinion to love it. At the time of its release, it was almost universally panned and criticized in the communities I was involved in at the time, and everyone preferred the edgier and bigger characters from X. I wonder how old those who prefer MMZ's art are.
I never got the 'kiddy' complaints about the MMZ/ZX art style. I mean, sure, the speedos on some of the costumes were weird (even if it's an old franchise trope going back to the classic series), but I love Toru Nakayama's unique and detailed art style, as opposed to generic anime look of the X series, which was fine there, but not as interesting.

I'm surprised at the hate for ZX Advent. I thought it was a lot better than ZX, taking the transforming mechanic and doing more interesting things with it, and having an actually decently structured connected game world.
Yeah, ZXA basically did everything in the first game but bigger and better, aside from some odd questionable omissions in the story (where the hell is Prairie?) and being incredibly confusing about the 'split timeline' in regards to the two player characters. I love how you could actually change into bosses themselves, even if some have some rather limited utility, and it's a godsend to have a map that isn't a bloody confusing mess. Also, Ashe is best girl in the entire franchise, such a fun character.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I wouldn't get your hopes up, it could just be for Mega Mission.
Still, I hope the X redesign gets its time to shine rather than being wasted in Infinite. It's frustrating that a game with so much Mega Man X fanservice was just so bungled.

I never got the 'kiddy' complaints about the MMZ/ZX art style. I mean, sure, the speedos on some of the costumes were weird (even if it's an old franchise trope going back to the classic series), but I love Toru Nakayama's unique and detailed art style, as opposed to generic anime look of the X series, which was fine there, but not as interesting.

Yeah, ZXA basically did everything in the first game but bigger and better, aside from some odd questionable omissions in the story (where the hell is Prairie?) and being incredibly confusing about the 'split timeline' in regards to the two player characters. I love how you could actually change into bosses themselves, even if some have some rather limited utility, and it's a godsend to have a map that isn't a bloody confusing mess. Also, Ashe is best girl in the entire franchise, such a fun character.
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying it was "kiddy" or anything - I remember reading that the redesign was to appeal to a new generation, so I was wondering if maybe the younger players were part of the target market at the time, the same way most of us back then were younger when we discovered Classic/X.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Like most others here, I've always preferred the X series over the Classic series (although, Legends trumps all).

I want an X9 with SNES or PS1 graphics so bad.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying it was "kiddy" or anything - I remember reading that the redesign was to appeal to a new generation, so I was wondering if maybe the younger players were part of the target market at the time, the same way most of us back then were younger when we discovered Classic/X.
Maybe? It was a GBA game, so... Though it was clearly for a different kind of audience than the other sub-series on the same system, that being Battle Network, which by comparison had a fairly generic anime art style but sold a fuckton more.

I'd love this, but here lately, it seems like Inti isn't a part of Capcom's plans when it comes to Mega Man, any longer.

At least we got the MMZ/ZX team coming back together for Dragon: Marked for Death on Switch..
Oh, yeah, Dragon: Marked for Death looks dope as hell.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I'd love this, but here lately, it seems like Inti isn't a part of Capcom's plans when it comes to Mega Man, any longer.

At least we got the MMZ/ZX team coming back together for Dragon: Marked for Death on Switch..
Yeah, kinda sad that after a solid decade of working together (Zero 1-4, ZX/Advent, MM9/10, Zero Collection), Capcom seemingly dropped inticreates. Probably fallout from when Inafune left and the company killed all planned MM projects.

On the plus side it pushed inti to start doing Gunvolt and other projects so it's not all bad.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Megaman X9 with Megaman 11 art and design sensibilities (from what little information we know). Lets go.

X series will forever be the best for me. Except for X7 which is the only bad game in the series. X6 is great fight me.

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
I tried 3 different times to get into the Z series but I just couldn't... I don't give a crap about all this talking bullshit and I hate how if you fail a mission in Zero 1 it's just gone and you can't try it again and the super tiny GBA resolution is just the final nail in the coffin. I play X and Classic and that's it.

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
I tried 3 different times to get into the Z series but I just couldn't... I don't give a crap about all this talking bullshit and I hate how if you fail a mission in Zero 1 it's just gone and you can't try it again and the super tiny GBA resolution is just the final nail in the coffin. I play X and Classic and that's it.
The Zero series is fantastic and right up there with X, in my opinion.

Zero 1 is brutal but maybe you should try Zero 2 before giving up? That game's mission structure is way more like a typical Mega Man X game, and the lives system is more forgiving. I had to play Z2 before learning to appreciate Z1, since Z2 helped everything click.

Z1 and Z4 are solid bookends but Z2 and Z3 are downright classics.

Last edited:

beetlebum

Nov 24, 2017
Brazil
I find it silly when someone's only argument when saying 3 is better than 2 is that it added the slide.
The slide was a nice touch, but the true reason 3 is better than 2 is that there's much better weapon balance. Metal Man's weapon is just way too overpowered.

That, and the fact that 3 has noting as rage-inducing as that Crash Bomb-only boss in Wily's Castle.

beetlebum

Nov 24, 2017
Brazil
People that are saying X goes to shit after 4 must have not played the games. X5 and X8 are solid, better than X3 easily.
For me, the amount of story chaff and grating unskippable cutscenes alone make those games much worse than almost anything else in the X or main series, for what it's worth. Those are just too much of a hit to the main gameplay loop's simplicity and fluidity.