• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I guess what it really comes down to is: what do we learn from a mason claim? That the mason part is at least true.

It doesn't help us determine alignment, apparently (still real mad about this but this game has been revealed as in the Geno universe so I'm mad anyway), and doesn't help us in any other way, either. Just helps mafia.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
after one mason dies the partner usually claims and becomes confirmed town
In fact, Fanto, wasn't that the source of the first confirmed town gif? A mason role?
pxXlU3G.gif

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Would it be worth a town redirect claiming if they moved LP to Kalor? That would pretty much be curtains for LP.

Otherwise it looks more likely scum could have redirected him. With two teams that still doesn't rule him out at being the poisoner.

Oct 27, 2017
There was no movement with Stan so that's NAI

the track failed for nin Don't know that means

Kinda wishing I could switch my vote to either faddy and verelios

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
There was no movement with Stan so that's NAI

the track failed for nin Don't know that means

Kinda wishing I could switch my vote to either faddy and verelios

Wouldn't it make more sense to at least vote off of ATP's list since he's confirmed town? (if you don't want to go off of the foxdie discussion on LP)

Verelios
Kenny - Town
Fanto
Kalor
Hawthorn - Town
Leo
Zeke - Town

Veres claimed mason and Leo claimed FOXDIE doctor so Fanto/Kalor?

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Even if I was the foxdie person (I'm not), why would I open myself to redirects by moving? We got one person who claimed infected, and a poison doctor which leaves 10+ people who aren't. Even if Leo was dead, at the rate of 2 people dying every day/night phase and 1 living person being infected, the game would have to last until at least Day 10 to achieve the foxdie win con.

And we can't even be sure this is a Patriot frame job. If the other team had a role cop and some sort of role swapper/taxi driver, they could find the actual foxdie person and then swap me to Kalor for the greatest frame job since Stu the doctor in that game I can't remember.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Is my scum list too small for two teams? Sure, maybe I should've put half the roster in a null category like others have. It's day 5 with 18 players, I shouldn't be labeling people as only scum or town. Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Besides, the Patriots look like glorified neutrals and I'd prefer to find the team that keeps killing off our PRs. But I wouldn't pass up any scum, so I understand the votes on me.

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I know you are reading this spec chat
I really
REALLY
hope we dont have a role like the one you people are describing (taxi-driver, or wtv)

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Even if I was the foxdie person (I'm not), why would I open myself to redirects by moving? We got one person who claimed infected, and a poison doctor which leaves 10+ people who aren't. Even if Leo was dead, at the rate of 2 people dying every day/night phase and 1 living person being infected, the game would have to last until at least Day 10 to achieve the foxdie win con.

And we can't even be sure this is a Patriot frame job. If the other team had a role cop and some sort of role swapper/taxi driver, they could find the actual foxdie person and then swap me to Kalor for the greatest frame job since Stu the doctor in that game I can't remember.
Wait, I don't follow. Are you saying you wouldn't move at all for fear of a redirect? I don't actually understand what you're saying here.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017

I mean, they have to keep trying? Bombs and foxdie are apparently the only ways the Patriots have to win the game. If they gave up on foxdie their bombing business would have to be booming, but thats not the case, in fact we currently have 2 claimed foxdie infected x 0 claimed bombed.

They can't just stop playing the game, they will have to move and do something.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, I don't follow. Are you saying you wouldn't move at all for fear of a redirect? I don't actually understand what you're saying here.

It makes little sense for a foxdie/bomber person to move in case of the exact scenario that played out last night. So I don't buy a redirect.

Also to Leo, the Patriots can win by surviving. It makes more sense for them to lay low and survive until there are at least 10 people left before bombing and infecting.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
It makes little sense for a foxdie/bomber person to move in case of the exact scenario that played out last night. So I don't buy a redirect.

Also to Leo, the Patriots can win by surviving. It makes more sense for them to lay low and survive until there are at least 10 people left before bombing and infecting.
So what you're saying is that you can't be the foxdie person because you wouldn't have moved, and the only way this could happen if you were is if scum had a role cop, copped you, and then also sent you to Kalor.

So I have a question:

Did you move?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

So the best play for the bomb/poison team is to not play at all?

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I do get where he's coming from with that if they see Leo and Jman not getting killed (since it's not their choice) then they might think what's the point in putting themselves at risk and instead play the hiding game and try and win by majority?

Honestly if I was a Patriot I would be well pissed off at the other team not killing Jman / Leo that if I knew who they were I would definitely out one of them, really show them who's (Big) boss.

Oct 27, 2017
I've just lost patience with this game

and

also having a real bad day

but man right now is a bad time for scumtell because Im willing to jump on shit right now idgaf

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
The whole thing reeks of being a set up, but that doesn't mean scum isn't setting up scum. The idea that the simpler solution could be the right one feels at odds with just about everything in this game so far, but maybe, and LP sure doesn't seem to be taking the chance to offer up another one instead.

Fuck it. It's nearly midnight and I have colo in ten mins and work first thing so I'm just going to stick this down for now.

Vote: LP

Kalor and Vere are both on this vote? Ugh.

Oct 27, 2017
Such a godawful time for lore discussion and game theory when none of this line of discussion has proven even remotely constructive to hitting scum

Not in the mood rn we need to turbo fucken LP

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
The scum setting up scum thing is the most interesting point I think and I definitely could see that being the case here.

Spec are probably calling us idiots for going off the list ATP kindly provided.