imtheozzman

Apr 4, 2018
This is what I use:

appsliced.co

Latest iPad App Price Drops > All Apps

View all app prices for the Latest iPad App Price Drops > All Apps category at App Sliced.

This site is about news and reviews but they will also post news about notable sales:

Edit: the first link shows iPad because that's my preference. You can change it.
This is what I use:

appsliced.co

Latest iPad App Price Drops > All Apps

View all app prices for the Latest iPad App Price Drops > All Apps category at App Sliced.

This site is about news and reviews but they will also post news about notable sales:

Edit: the first link shows iPad because that's my preference. You can change it.
Great. Thank you.

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Albion Online:

apps.apple.com

‎Albion Online

‎Albion Online is a cross-platform sandbox MMORPG set in an open medieval fantasy world. The game features a player-driven economy where nearly every item is player-crafted. Combine armor pieces and weapons suited to your playstyle in a unique, classless "you are what you wear" system. Explore...
play.google.com

Albion Online - Apps on Google Play

Albion Online is a cross-platform sandbox MMORPG in a medieval fantasy world.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Albion Online:

apps.apple.com

‎Albion Online

‎Albion Online is a cross-platform sandbox MMORPG set in an open medieval fantasy world. The game features a player-driven economy where nearly every item is player-crafted. Combine armor pieces and weapons suited to your playstyle in a unique, classless "you are what you wear" system. Explore...
play.google.com

Albion Online - Apps on Google Play

Albion Online is a cross-platform sandbox MMORPG in a medieval fantasy world.

thanks! wonder if this is any good. MMOs have been all misses on mobile so far

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Xcloud coming to iOS via the web "In the Next few weeks" with Xbox Series X blades (so much improved visuals and performance) soon after that:
news.xbox.com

Bringing the Joy and Community of Gaming to Everyone - Xbox Wire

At Xbox, our mission is simple: bring the joy and community of gaming to everyone on the planet. To achieve that, we aspire to empower everyone to play the games you want, with the people you want, anywhere you want. Ahead of the first-ever Xbox and Bethesda Showcase on Sunday, when we will...

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Three new games just announced for Arcade:
- Doodle God Universe
- Alto's Odyssey: The Lost City
- Angry Birds Reloaded

Seems like Apple is targeting mobile brands as of late.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Not surprising

Ask any of the TV and Movie streaming services; familiar names bring in subscribers.

Indeed! But at the start Apple was aiming for known video game franchises like Rayman, Sonic, ChuChu Rocket, Frogger... Now it seems that they really want these remastered/new games harkening back to a time long passed on mobile. It started with Cut the Rope remastered (and the addition of classics) but now it seems like that's going to be a big part of that strategy moving forward.

campbell

Oct 27, 2017
Indeed! But at the start Apple was aiming for known video game franchises like Rayman, Sonic, ChuChu Rocket, Frogger... Now it seems that they really want these remastered/new games harkening back to a time long passed on mobile. It started with Cut the Rope remastered (and the addition of classics) but now it seems like that's going to be a big part of that strategy moving forward.

It would've helped if any of those known franchises made games for Apple Arcade that were actually good. Arcade has been in a weird place from the jump, so it makes sense for them to be pivoting toward safer bets to pad out the catalog with familiar experiences.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
It would've helped if any of those known franchises made games for Apple Arcade that were actually good. Arcade has been in a weird place from the jump, so it makes sense for them to be pivoting toward safer bets to pad out the catalog with familiar experiences.

Well Chu Chu Rocket was quite good and Rayman was on point even if a little bit unsurprising (but that's because the series' always been excellent). Sonic was definitely a miss though.

I fear here that
- Most people that loves these franchises already own a sub to Arcade thus not broadening the scope of subscribers the same way that those big IPs do
- It confuses people by not exactly being forthright about what's new, what's a remastered etc

We'll see how it does but as for myself I'm still really glad it exists.

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Some recent releases:

Builderment:
apps.apple.com

‎Builderment

‎Builderment is a factory building game at heart. It’s all about crafting and automation. You start by harvesting resources and crafting items in factories. Use those crafted items to research new technology and recipes to craft ever more complex items. Earth has run out of resources... You...

Runescape:
apps.apple.com

‎RuneScape

‎EXPLORE A VAST MMORPG WORLD LIKE NO OTHER RuneScape is a high fantasy open world MMORPG. Explore an ever changing and evolving living world where new challenges, skills, and quests await. Featuring unprecedented player freedom, you choose how to play, adventure, and grow. PLAY YOUR WAY It's...
play.google.com

RuneScape - Fantasy MMORPG - Apps on Google Play

Play RuneScape on mobile now! Download today and join millions

Detective Mimo:
apps.apple.com

‎Detective Mimo

‎There is a bright shining City hidden in the Kingdom of CAT called Shrimp, an amazing place with luxurious facilities such as Cat Beauty Salon, fish café and MEW Bank. Shrimp attracts thieves from whole country. The most mysterious and rich palace called MEW bank is the prime target. One day, a...
play.google.com

Detective Mimo - Apps on Google Play

Think outside the box and find clues even in the real world

ReFactory:
apps.apple.com

‎ReFactory: Factory Simulator

‎Welcome to ReFactory! This is a sandbox strategy game where you have to build an automated factory on an alien planet. This is an amazing world that will work according to your laws. That story begins in space. Play the first mission for free! A single purchase unlocks the full game with all...
play.google.com

ReFactory - Apps on Google Play

In this strategy game you have to build and develop a factory on an alien planet

MAZEMAN:
apps.apple.com

‎MAZEMAN

‎MAZEMAN is a game that will challenge you big time thanks to its frantic pace: enter the maze and look for the key while avoiding all kinds of dreadful monsters. Lots of unlockables, monsters, levels, power-ups and collectibles await you in this beautiful endless stream of pixel art mazes...
play.google.com

MAZEMAN - Apps on Google Play

Enter the maze, enter MAZEMAN!

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Tried the new Apple Arcade game Frenzic. I don't remember the "original" that hard. It already feels like I don't even think that much but time runs out so quickly, especially for something that is partly luck based (I think)

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
The excellent Arcade title Lego Builder's Journey has received an update adding new levels, mechanics and story elements. Can't wait to dig in !

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I'm on vacation for three weeks in a few days, how is Divinity 2 in general and especially on the new Pro 12.9". Worth the cost or should I play it on a console at some point at home?

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow am not getting notifications for this thread even though I'm subscribed. Anyway picked up Baba. Fun and original puzzle game. Requires a lot of out of the box thinking.

GWX

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, if you care about productivity or doing something with your life... do not download Builderment.

I stress, do not download Builderment.

Builderment is awesome.

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
The devs behind Retro Bowl have a new game out. This time it's Soccer (or Football if you're non-american):

apps.apple.com

‎Retro Goal

‎RETRO GOAL is a fast and exciting mix of arcade Soccer action and simple team management, from the developers of hit sports games NEW STAR SOCCER and RETRO BOWL. With graphics inspired by the most beloved football games of 16-bit era and the accuracy of modern touchscreen controls, you'll be...

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
The devs behind Retro Bowl have a new game out. This time it's Soccer (or Football if you're non-american):

apps.apple.com

‎Retro Goal

‎RETRO GOAL is a fast and exciting mix of arcade Soccer action and simple team management, from the developers of hit sports games NEW STAR SOCCER and RETRO BOWL. With graphics inspired by the most beloved football games of 16-bit era and the accuracy of modern touchscreen controls, you'll be...
Hope it comes to Android it's a bit too big on my iPad lol

Ambitious

Oct 26, 2017
I've been playing for a couple days and it's fine. There's not rush and the controls are just "swipe in a direction to move that direction". I've had no problem with wrong inputs or anything.

Great game so far, too.

Bought it. Didn't last long. Already stuck at the second "world". There's something about the current level I just don't see, hm. It's fun, though!

edit: Got it

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Snake + Roguelite, looks very minimalist but also has depth. Reviews for it are very positive on steam.

apps.apple.com

‎SNKRX

‎SNKRX is an arcade shooter roguelite where you control a snake made of multiple heroes, with each one having their own attacks, passives and classes. Inspired by the auto-battler genre, each hero in the snake has a set of classes, and combining enough heroes of the same class together grants...
play.google.com

SNKRX - Apps on Google Play

An arcade shooter roguelite, inspired by the auto-battler genre

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Kairosoft released another new game - Bistro Burger Story - at their new price ($6.99). Reviews seem to be kinda meh, although it has a good star rating. I still haven't gotten Dungeon Village 2, which is probably going to be more my speed.

I've been playing quite a bit of Unciv, which is an open source "remake" of Civ V on Android (I don't think there's an iOS version). They recently-ish released a portrait orientation mode, which is a nice-to-have for me. Some of the mods are a bit buggy, but it's got the core gameplay pretty set.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Xcloud is now available on iOS with Xbox Series X blades for faster gameplay.

Edit:
Xcloud is now better than what was playable during the Testflight Preview. Image quality is much sharper but input lags is still quite high, especially compared with Stadia or even Geforce Now. The service's great, image quality's good enough, now it just needs less input lag.

Last edited:

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Some digital board games are on sale. Most noteworthy is the catalogue of DIGIDICED which goes rarely on sale:

Viticulture
Terra Mystica
Cottage Garden
Indian Summer
Stockpile
Castles of Burgundy
Bohnanza The Duel

Most are 50% off.

June Recap
OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
June Recap

Overboard
100x100bb.jpg

iOS / Android

Builderment
100x100bb.jpg

iOS

Legends of Kingdom Rush (Apple Arcade)
100x100bb.jpg

iOS

Detective Mimo
100x100bb.jpg

iOS / Android

Baba Is You
100x100bb.jpg

iOS / Android

SNKRX
100x100bb.jpg

iOS / Android

Duck Souls
100x100bb.jpg

iOS / Android

Last edited:
OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't see anybody talk about Legends of Kingdom Rush. Any good impressions?
The conesus on reddit was that it's a decent roguelite with some good challenge but progression between runs is too slow and there isn't much diversity between each run compared to other roguelites.

Speaking of kingdom Rush, the developers behind it announced a new TD game:

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Speaking of kingdom Rush, the developers behind it announced a new TD game:

Finally! I love their tower defense games (pretty much the only ones I've gotten into besides Plants vs. Zombies which is kind of its own thing).

Looks like their keeping the "deck building" custom towers builds from the last Kingdom Rush game. I'd have preferred their previous system where you have access to all the towers, but I am curious to see how the tower upgrade system works in this. Hopefully it's not too grindy.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Finally! I love their tower defense games (pretty much the only ones I've gotten into besides Plants vs. Zombies which is kind of its own thing).

Looks like their keeping the "deck building" custom towers builds from the last Kingdom Rush game. I'd have preferred their previous system where you have access to all the towers, but I am curious to see how the tower upgrade system works in this. Hopefully it's not too grindy.

It's also free-to-play this time, so keep that in mind for the grindy bits.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
It hasn't been announced yet but "My Friend Pedro", the weird shoot-em-up with a talking banana by devolver digital is coming to mobile August 5th. The game is not a straight port but a new version with touch controls and shorter levels:
apps.apple.com

‎My Friend Pedro

‎They kidnapped his wife and kids and left him for dead. But it's going to take more than that to split this banana's family. Help your friend Pedro serve some ice cold revenge, with a sprinkle of bullets on top! My Friend Pedro is back in a brand new mobile adventure of blood, bullets and...

The game will be free to try with an iAP to unlock the rest of the game which features 37 levels including motorbike sequences.

Last edited:

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
It hasn't been announced yet but "My Friend Pedro", the weird shoot-em-up with a talking banana by devolver digital is coming to mobile August 5th. The game is not a straight port but a new version with touch controls and shorter levels:
apps.apple.com

‎My Friend Pedro

‎They kidnapped his wife and kids and left him for dead. But it's going to take more than that to split this banana's family. Help your friend Pedro serve some ice cold revenge, with a sprinkle of bullets on top! My Friend Pedro is back in a brand new mobile adventure of blood, bullets and...

The game will be free to try with an iAP to unlock the rest of the game which features 37 levels including motorbike sequences.

Loved the full version. Wish they had ported the whole thing but controls may have been tough. 37 levels doesn't sound like a lot of they are shorter. Anyway, I'll at least download it to check it out.

Edit: Oh, the unlock is only $2.99 so might not be too bad of a deal with the content

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Valorant port for consoles, you mean?

Valorant, in the way that it has leaked and was explained when announced, should be a port rather than its own mobile thing a la Apex or Call of Duty Mobile. So if it's a straight port of the PC version like Fortnite, it should automatically be built with controller support. No way they would ship without, especially now.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
It looks cool, but the type of in app purchases instantly turn me off 😐

i think those are only to buy cosmetic statues as s tip to the dev

Valorant, in the way that it has leaked and was explained when announced, should be a port rather than its own mobile thing a la Apex or Call of Duty Mobile. So if it's a straight port of the PC version like Fortnite, it should automatically be built with controller support. No way they would ship without, especially now.

good insight

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
It's always disappointing when you remember a cool game you played years ago and when you go to redownload it you find out its gone from the app store and your download history.