Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Something happen with Apple reviewing currency conversion? In the UK and every game on my wish list dropped in price this morning. Either 50p or £1 cheaper than yesterday
developer.apple.com

Upcoming tax and price changes for apps and in-app purchases - Latest News - Apple Developer

When taxes or foreign exchange rates change, we sometimes need to update prices on the App Store in certain regions and/or adjust your proceeds.In the next few days, prices of apps and in-app purchases (excluding auto-renewable subscriptions) on the App Store will decrease in: South Africa...

Vlad

Oct 25, 2017
Slay the Spire finally gets the update it deserved, Cloud Saves incoming!

I've tried to do the research myself, but does anybody know if this just brings the ios version in-line with Android, or is it something beyond where the Android version currently is?

My big issue is the laughably miniscule text size on the Android version. Even with the larger text size option turned on, all the text on a phone ranges from "a bit too small" to "I'm supposed to be able to read that?!". I got all excited when I saw that the upcoming patch would have larger text, but then I noticed that the ios version number is lower than Android's, so I got to wondering if the Android version happened to be further ahead, and they were just bringing the ios one up-to-date.

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I've tried to do the research myself, but does anybody know if this just brings the ios version in-line with Android, or is it something beyond where the Android version currently is?

My big issue is the laughably miniscule text size on the Android version. Even with the larger text size option turned on, all the text on a phone ranges from "a bit too small" to "I'm supposed to be able to read that?!". I got all excited when I saw that the upcoming patch would have larger text, but then I noticed that the ios version number is lower than Android's, so I got to wondering if the Android version happened to be further ahead, and they were just bringing the ios one up-to-date.
The update definitely helped to make some parts of the UI more readable but I know some people on reddit were hoping it would be more drastic.

Before update (iOS btw)

234942401_4782751688421654_1117688516734236306_n.jpg

After

236014997_4782748701755286_1403690964823503561_n.jpg

Last edited:

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
Yo, I just came here to post how great the Backbone is...truly revolutionary for mobile gaming.

also, fuck Final Fantasy Pixel Remastered for being 12 dollars and not supporting a controller like the old ports of FFI,FFIII, FFIV and FFVI do.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

Only played the game on my 12.9" iPad yet, so I don't really have any problems reading texts. I didn't play the update yet though

Pido

Oct 30, 2017
Hello guys! What's the state of Game Pass streaming on iOS?
I saw a couple of videos on YouTube and it looks like performance is not that great, especially for input lag.
Have things improved recently?

Zodzilla

Oct 25, 2017
Hello guys! What's the state of Game Pass streaming on iOS?
I saw a couple of videos on YouTube and it looks like performance is not that great, especially for input lag.
Have things improved recently?
Just tried playing cluster truck on my iPad via GP xcloud streaming. Audio and visual performance is great, but controller lag if using an Xbox controller is unbearably laggy due to the controller having to sync via Bluetooth. Like, couldn't play ClusterTruck at all, levels of lag.

Have done xcloud on my PC with a direct wired controller and it's extremely playable/very low lag.

statha

Feb 15, 2018
so I just bought an Ipad Air today, been away from IOS for like 7-8 years...already got a Apple Arcade sub and wanna know what are the noteworthy IOS only games that everyone should play either in Apple Arcade or in the AppStore...

thanks all!

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Do not sleep over Cards of Terra.
Surprisingly awesome card solitaire….don't be deceived by the slow start and the simple look, be sure to pass first boss at the very least….you're in for a real threat.
Later bosses are crazy, in a good way.
Many cards are utterly brilliant.

RedNalgene

Oct 25, 2017
What do you guys think of the game Tides? I downloaded it after a suggestion from Apple and I'm sorta digging it, but it really feels like it may turn into a really grindy experience. But I'm liking the chill fishing vibe so far

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
so I just bought an Ipad Air today, been away from IOS for like 7-8 years...already got a Apple Arcade sub and wanna know what are the noteworthy IOS only games that everyone should play either in Apple Arcade or in the AppStore...

thanks all!
Apple Arcade:
-Sayonara Wild Hearts
-Grindstone
-Super Leap Day
-SP!NGE
-What the Golf
-Little Orpheus
-Creaks
-Reigns: Beyond
-Roundguard

iOS Games:
-Florence
-Donut County
-Gorogoa
-Sky: Children of the Light

Those are just from the top of my head. Go through the threadmarks for this thread and last year's thread if you want more recent games.

Surprisingly awesome card solitaire….don't be deceived by the slow start and the simple look, be sure to pass first boss at the very least….you're in for a real threat.
I've been hearing good things about this on Reddit and TouchArcade so I'll give it a try, thanks Pitta!

Links for anyone interested:
apps.apple.com

‎Cards of Terra

‎Cards of Terra is a single-player card game. It combines light solitaire-like card play with the in-depth mechanics of collectible card games. You play as an alien princess stranded in an unfriendly fantasy realm. Luckily, our heroine has psi-powers which she can use to make enemies fight each...
play.google.com

Cards of Terra - Apps on Google Play

Single-player card game about an alien princess stranded in a fantasy realm.

antipod

Oct 30, 2017

thanks all!

Apple Arcade:
-Sayonara Wild Hearts
-Grindstone
-Super Leap Day
-SP!NGE
-What the Golf
-Little Orpheus
-Creaks
-Reigns: Beyond
-Roundguard

Just to add to this I wanted to say I played both Jenny LeClue and The Pathless on my Ipad Air (2020), so if you havn't played them I'd recommend them. Especially Jenny LeClue, it' a fantastic charming adventure. Couldn't put the Ipad down.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
Wow. I like this a lot.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017

thanks all!
Games that I played on my iPad specifically;

Fantasian is great if you like old school JRPGs.
I also had a lot of fun with Cat Quest 2. Little Orpheus is visually appealing, but I didn't love it. South of the Circle is a bit of a walking simulator but I loved the story. Tangle Tower and Jenny Leclue were both a blast. Assemble with Care is a charming, simple game. Alba was a chill game that reminded me a bit of something like Pokémon snap. Guildlings is great but far from finished it seems.

Other arcade games I loved but played on iPhone; what the golf, sp!ng, grindstone, Simon's cat, survival Z. Long games that you can chip away at. Sp!ng was especially captivating.

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
What Remains of Edith Finch:
apps.apple.com

‎What Remains of Edith Finch

‎*ATTENTION* Works with compatible Apple devices below. What Remains of Edith Finch is a collection of strange tales about a family in Washington state. As Edith, you’ll explore the colossal Finch house, searching for stories as she explores her family history and tries to figure out why...

Shattered Pixel Dungeon. From what I've read, this is basically an expanded version of the first Pixel Dungeon with more content in it. It's only been available on Android for the longest time but this is the official ios release of the game:
apps.apple.com

‎Shattered Pixel Dungeon

‎Shattered Pixel Dungeon is a traditional roguelike dungeon crawler RPG that's simple to get into but hard to master! Every game is a unique challenge, with five different heroes, randomized levels and enemies, and hundreds of items to collect and use. ShatteredPD is also updated every two to...
play.google.com

Shattered Pixel Dungeon - Apps on Google Play

A roguelike dungeon crawler RPG that's simple to get into but hard to master!

D_Reynholm

Mar 18, 2020
Ooooh, I loved the first Pixel Dungeon despite being terrible at it (never beat the first boss...) so may have to take a look, maybe it's a little easier...

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Rush Rally Origins is out now:
apps.apple.com

‎Rush Rally Origins

‎REALISTIC TOP DOWN RALLYING! Rush Rally Origins combines the classic top down racing action from the original Rush Rally with the highly praised graphics and physics from Rush Rally 3. Take on 36 new and unique stages across the world, each with the ability to change the time of day and...

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
When I endorsed Cards of Terra the other day I was playing the campaign mode (which I completed yesterday) and I did not realize it was basically the tutorial.
The real meat of the game is the draft mode (and the random mode) where you unlock even more awesome cards.

It was months, if not years, that I wasn't this absorbed by a card game. It's simple yet very deep with really awesome cards.

Game is free to play with ads. Not sure it's a bug, but ads are really really rare (like I got...1 every hours or so).
There is an ads unlock iap that turns the game into premium and hopefully will grant new modes (a puzzle mode is coming next year).
Do not be deceived by the casual simple look, imho it's really great.

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
I am so ready to spend all the money on Civilization 6 provided they finally update the game for newer devices. C'mon, Switch version is better than the iOS one.

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
I really hope they do, newer devices, especially my M1 iPad, cry every time I play it lol

I spared myself and haven't touched it really. Divinity 2 on M1 is so glorious it's a pity there's no more titles to take advantage of that chip. Even Genshin could use an update.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Update: using iTunes in Windows works using the file sharing feature. Ui is still way too large but at least it's sharper

default:
IfuAI4T.jpg

Retina 1:
DOu340x.jpg

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
A couple more releases this week:

Tesla Force:
apps.apple.com

‎Tesla Force

‎When the cosmic horrors awake, it's time to call up the Tesla Force to defend mankind against an assault from the outer reaches of reality! * Ridiculously over-the-top mayhem and power trips * Endlessly replayable rogue-lite gameplay * Randomly generated levels * A wild array of devastating...

ANIMUS:Revenant
apps.apple.com

‎Animus: Revenant

‎“Blood for blood. That which is taken shall be returned.” Will you aid the herald? Who is the lady in the forest? Where are the jester’s pants? Pick up your war hammer. Bring peace to the condemned, silence to the corrupt, and retribution against the deceitful. Fight, farm, craft, collect...

statha

Feb 15, 2018
ok Apple App Store not having a wishlist functionality is crazy!!! - how am I supposed to track discounts and things I consider buying??? Having them on Notes?!

Last edited:

Vlad

Oct 25, 2017
I edited my post. Those any better?

Yeah, they're visible now.

And it looks like it's pretty much in-line with the Android version. Basically, the changes between normal and "big text" are pretty minimal, to the point that I wasn't entirely sure the option was actually taking effect when I turned it on on my phone.

KageYume

Aug 8, 2021
I spared myself and haven't touched it really. Divinity 2 on M1 is so glorious it's a pity there's no more titles to take advantage of that chip. Even Genshin could use an update.

The M1 ipad can't run Genshin (high setting, 60fps) at high or highest resolution without getting throttled and severe frame drop, especially in domains with lots of effects (I'm using the 11 inch M1 ipad pro).

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
A quick shoutout to a game I saw featured on 148apps. Nova Island, a 1v1 card battler/collector that is currently in open beta on iOS and Android. The game is completely F2P with no IAPs (for now?) and has a singleplayer portion though it is short. I played a few games myself and it definitely feels unique compared to other card-battlers out there. The music especially is something I could listen to for hours.

Nova Island review | 148Apps

This truly free card battler is one of the most refreshing finds you can make on the App Store.

apps.apple.com

‎Nova Island

‎Nova Island is AD FREE & FREE TO PLAY! DOWNLOAD Nova Island NOW! Looking for a unique card game that combines strategy & chance? On Nova Island, you can take on challenges, play matches with friends, or compete against players from around the world to climb the leaderboard. Play cards to gain...
play.google.com

Nova Island - Apps on Google Play

Experience 1v1 card battles like never before!

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Civ 6 Frontier Pass Update is live, also on sale until Sept 1 I think. It also supports Cross Platform saves now!

apps.apple.com

‎Sid Meier's Civilization® VI

‎Play 60 turns of Civilization VI for FREE! ———————————————————— U P G R A D E · TO · K E E P · P L A Y I N G ———————————————————— Originally created by legendary game designer Sid Meier, Civilization is a turn-based strategy game in which you attempt to build an empire to stand the test of...

Aug 25, 2021
    CROSS-PLATFORM CLOUD SAVES

Civilization VI supports cross-platform cloud saves between all your favorite devices. When you own Civilization VI on multiple platforms, you can continue playing on compatible save files between your favorite devices.

NEW FRONTIER PASS IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE

New Frontier Pass introduces 6 new game modes that allow you to play with recruitable heroes from history and myth, dial-up natural disasters in Apocalypse Mode, or join secret societies that can enhance or undermine your empire.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Behind the Frame is out now on iOS and reviews have been glowing! If you like short narrative games showcasing a fantastic art style with a little bit of puzzles, this is for you:
apps.apple.com

‎Behind the Frame

‎Behind the Frame is a vivid, interactive fiction about an aspiring artist on the cusp of finishing the final piece of her gallery submission. A relaxing, eloquent experience that can be played at any pace. Become immersed in a panoramic world filled with resplendent colors, beautiful...

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Read the Aspyr faq for the New Frontier Pass update, and it says they updated low res icons. That's something at least, glad they didn't abandon the iOS version!

support.aspyr.com

What’s in the New Frontier Pass Update (iOS)?

Wanna know what’s coming in the New Frontier Pass on iOS? Here’s a list of what we’re including in the pack: Maya & Gran Colombia Maya Civilization New Apocalypse Game Mode. New City-States (...

Here's a list of fixes included in the update as well:

Gameplay fixes:

• Fixed several issues where localized text would not appear properly
  • Fixed several low-resolution icons & UI elements
  • Fixed an issue where the mini-map appeared incorrectly in certain scenarios
  • Fixed an issue where achievements would not unlock
  • Fixed an issue where achievements were unlocked multiple times

Crash Fixes:

• Fixed a crash when joining a multiplayer game with the chat box open
  • Fixed a crash when launching on certain devices
  • Fixed an occasional crash when progressing to the next turn on certain devices
  • Fixed a crash when loading into Gifts of the Nile scenario on some devices using iOS 14

Yatagarasu

Oct 27, 2017
Civ 6 Frontier Pass Update is live, also on sale until Sept 1 I think. It also supports Cross Platform saves now!

apps.apple.com

‎Play 60 turns of Civilization VI for FREE! ———————————————————— U P G R A D E · TO · K E E P · P L A Y I N G ———————————————————— Originally created by legendary game designer Sid Meier, Civilization is a turn-based strategy game in which you attempt to build an empire to stand the test of...
It looks like there isn't yet an update for the Android version. Does anyone know if one is coming?

Igor

Oct 31, 2017

apps.apple.com

The new update seems to have fucked up support for magic keyboard which in turns makes it impossible to do ui scale hack with. Some reported the game has updated UI but I haven't noticed, it's still really large for me.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
The new update seems to have fucked up support for magic keyboard which in turns makes it impossible to do ui scale hack with. Some reported the game has updated UI but I haven't noticed, it's still really large for me.
I don't think they did anything about the us scaling, they just fixed some low res icons and graphics