• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Alien Isolation is coming to mobile courtesy of Feral for 15€ with full controller support and mouse and keyboard. The game will be 11GB and coming December 16th.

apps.apple.com

‎Alien: Isolation

‎READ BEFORE BUYING: Please expand this description and read the full list of supported devices below to confirm that your device is supported. When she left Earth, Ellen Ripley promised her daughter she would return home to celebrate her 11th birthday. She never made it. Fifteen years later...

two weeks after my flight 😩

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
Not exactly gaming but related question (I want to get back into mobile games). I'm debating on upgrading to the iPhone 13 Pro or Pro Max and was wondering if any of you guys game on the smaller device? Do you regret not going with the max? I don't have giant hands and I'm concerned the max will be uncomfortable (maybe better with a magsafe popsocket?).

My current devices are the iPhone SE (1st gen) and iPad Air 2 both are old and the batteries worn down (80% health on the iPhone and the iPad doesn't last longer than 2.5 hours now lol) and its really time to upgrade. Was thinking about the iPhone 13 Pro and iPad Pro 11 inch combo just a little concerned I'd regret not going for the 13 Pro max since I'll end up using it for gaming but I have a feeling it may be uncomfortable for me.

No local demo units right now and most of my family uses more narrow android devices so lacking hands on to help with deciding lol.
I have normal sized hands and don't regret going for the XS Max. You always adjust to the bigger screens really quickly.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
powersurge I game on a 12 Pro and an M1 iPad Pro 11". iPad is nicer for a lot of games, but on the go I've never wished my phone was bigger, and I bet the Max will get just as hot on a lot of games as the regular size ones do. At this point I'm confident my M1 Pro will crush whatever they put on Apple Arcade for at least a decade at this rate.

Oct 27, 2017
I tried that Lego Castaways game out of boredom and got hooked! Spent a few lazy Saturday afternoon hours playing away. Not half bad! Mixture of a twin stick shooter/dungeon crawler with some flying sections.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Civ 6 and all it's DLCs are one sale 👍

apps.apple.com

‎Sid Meier's Civilization® VI

‎Play 60 turns of Civilization VI for FREE! ———————————————————— U P G R A D E · TO · K E E P · P L A Y I N G ———————————————————— Originally created by legendary game designer Sid Meier, Civilization is a turn-based strategy game in which you attempt to build an empire to stand the test of...

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Rocket League Sideswipe is propagating worldwide right now:

apps.apple.com

‎Rocket League Sideswipe

‎Car games and soccer collide in Rocket League Sideswipe! Car soccer has been reimagined for mobile devices by the makers of the hit game Rocket League. Play online multiplayer games with friends or players around the world while you score goals in fast-paced 2-minute car soccer matches. Drive the…
play.google.com

Rocket League Sideswipe - Apps on Google Play

Play car soccer games online! Custom cars, multiplayer PvP, and free Rocket Pass

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
Rocket League Sideswipe is propagating worldwide right now:

apps.apple.com

‎Rocket League Sideswipe

‎Car games and soccer collide in Rocket League Sideswipe! Car soccer has been reimagined for mobile devices by the makers of the hit game Rocket League. Play online multiplayer games with friends or players around the world while you score goals in fast-paced 2-minute car soccer matches. Drive the…
play.google.com

Rocket League Sideswipe - Apps on Google Play

Play car soccer games online! Custom cars, multiplayer PvP, and free Rocket Pass

Fun little game. Runs well on my fold 3. I completely suck at it but I suck at Rocket League so that's not surprising.

RedNalgene

Oct 25, 2017
Rocket League is pretty fun. I'm definitely seeing some lagging and rubber banding from time to time but I'm sure they'll work out the kinks. Level progression and rewards feel right. Controls generally are really tight. The 1v1 plays very differently than the 2v2. It's not as complex as the console version, which is a good thing. It's really a reimagined mobile game. I'll definitely be spending more time with it.

November Recap
OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
November Recap

Super Mombo Quest
100x100bb.jpg

iOS / Android

Sparklite
100x100bb.jpg

iOS / Android

The Ramp

100x100bb.jpg

iOS / Android

Sole Light
100x100bb.jpg

iOS / Android

Moncage
100x100bb.jpg

iOS / Android

LEGO Star Wars: Castaways (Apple Arcade)
100x100bb.jpg

iOS

Rob Riches
100x100bb.jpg

iOS / Android

Jump Jerboa
100x100bb.jpg

iOS / Android

Rocket League Sideswipe
100x100bb.jpg

iOS / Android

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Some new releases:

Pako 3:
apps.apple.com

‎PAKO 3

‎Original car chase game is back! Pako 3 brings insane amount of levels and cars to unlock, while keeping the simple gameplay. Transport your crew as a getaway driver, escape cops in survival levels and drive fast laps on racing levels! FEATURES: + 4 game modes: Getaway Driver, Racing...

Skeletal Avenger:
apps.apple.com

‎Skeletal Avenger

‎Skeletal Avenger is a hack'n'slash roguelite with a massive perk arsenal and head-chucking special moves! Re-animate skeletons and use your fighting skills to avenge your own death! - Build your playstyle each run with over 50 perks and trinkets! Decapitate yourself to do special attacks: Your...

Postknight 2:
apps.apple.com

‎Postknight 2

‎Begin your adventure as a Postknight trainee, your sole purpose – to deliver goods to the unique people living throughout the vast world of Prism! Adventure through this fantasy world filled with boundless oceans, scorching landscapes, meadows bursting with colour, and mountains that reach for...
play.google.com

Postknight 2 - Apps on Google Play

Go from zero to Hero in this casual Adventure RPG.

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
Some new releases:

Pako 3:
apps.apple.com

‎PAKO 3

‎Original car chase game is back! Pako 3 brings insane amount of levels and cars to unlock, while keeping the simple gameplay. Transport your crew as a getaway driver, escape cops in survival levels and drive fast laps on racing levels! FEATURES: + 4 game modes: Getaway Driver, Racing...

Skeletal Avenger:
apps.apple.com

‎Skeletal Avenger

‎Skeletal Avenger is a hack'n'slash roguelite with a massive perk arsenal and head-chucking special moves! Re-animate skeletons and use your fighting skills to avenge your own death! - Build your playstyle each run with over 50 perks and trinkets! Decapitate yourself to do special attacks: Your...

Postknight 2:
apps.apple.com

‎Postknight 2

‎Begin your adventure as a Postknight trainee, your sole purpose – to deliver goods to the unique people living throughout the vast world of Prism! Adventure through this fantasy world filled with boundless oceans, scorching landscapes, meadows bursting with colour, and mountains that reach for...
play.google.com

Postknight 2 - Apps on Google Play

Go from zero to Hero in this casual Adventure RPG.
oooooh I loved Pako 1 & 2 so I'll give 3 a go.
Shame that there doesn't appear to be a steam version this time too.

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
oooooh I loved Pako 1 & 2 so I'll give 3 a go.
Shame that there doesn't appear to be a steam version this time too.
I think Pako 2 was the studio's attempt at taking their games beyond mobile and becoming multiplatform. It doesn't seem like it was successful though as none of their games post Pako 2 have reached other platforms.

On another note, the sequel to the classic game Wonderputt is available exclusively through Netflix Games.

apps.apple.com

‎Wonderputt Forever

‎Available exclusively for Netflix members. Windmills, schwindmills! In this mini-golf game, bizarre and beautifully constructed courses shift and evolve before your eyes. Wonderputt Forever brings a pocketable nostalgia trip to places you've never been before. A mini-golf game where you must...

This means that both the original game and it's sequel are currently locked behind subscription services. I personally think that is kinda dumb but maybe I'm just old fashioned and need to learn to accept modern trends. However if Netflix ever decides to drop their game service I'm not sure what will happen to the games.

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Kingdom Two Crowns is free for a limited time:
apps.apple.com

‎Kingdom Two Crowns

‎Kingdom Two Crowns is a side-scrolling micro strategy game with a minimalist feel wrapped in a beautiful, modern pixel art aesthetic. Play the role of a monarch atop their steed and recruit loyal subjects, build your kingdom and protect it from the greedy creatures looking to steal your coins...

RpgN

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Kingdom Two Crowns is free for a limited time:
apps.apple.com

‎Kingdom Two Crowns

‎Kingdom Two Crowns is a side-scrolling micro strategy game with a minimalist feel wrapped in a beautiful, modern pixel art aesthetic. Play the role of a monarch atop their steed and recruit loyal subjects, build your kingdom and protect it from the greedy creatures looking to steal your coins...

Yup, I was surprised when I saw that and quickly got it. For a second I thought it turned into a F2P game. It does appear to have a purchasable DLC for €3. Any idea what that is?

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, I was surprised when I saw that and quickly got it. For a second I thought it turned into a F2P game. It does appear to have a purchasable DLC for €3. Any idea what that is?
That is the Norse DLC that they recently added to the game. It adds a new biome, new mounts, and some other stuff:

Everything you need to know about Kingdom Two Crowns: Norse Lands | 148Apps

This week, one of the absolute best real-time strategy games for mobile got a big new update. Kingdom Two Crowns now offers a new campaign type for purc...

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Kingdom Rush Vengeance got a content update the other day: Rise of the Dragon.

The free stuff is the new mini-campaign which tend to be 2-3 levels or so. And the paid stuff is a new tower and hero you can buy.

I guess I hadn't played this game in a while because I actually had several new missions I hadn't noticed before. There's a few snow levels up north on the map, fotten forest levels in the bottom right, and the new one in the bottom left. The only one I had played was the mer-people one.

Still not a big fan of the changes they made to the towers in this game. You make a loadout of 5 towers before a mission instead of having access to everything like in the past games. It makes the towers more unique early on, but then when you get to the final upgrade you don't get to choose between one of two choices, it's just the one choice.

Regardless, it's still really fun and I am looking forward to playing more levels.

Beamerball

Jan 16, 2018
I know it's been out for a while but Clap Hanz Golf is really clicking for me recently. I think I've given it another chance since being somewhat disappointed in Mario Golf. Really discovering how deep the swing mechanism is even more so over a 3 click method. Also love how often Clap Hanz has frequent global tournaments

I also love how their western US course is a complete nod to Augusta National lol

side note: still playing the code monkeys version of Carcassonne. Best game on iOS imo

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Alien Isolation is propagating and will be out in the US at 11 EST. Here's the link again for reference:

apps.apple.com

‎READ BEFORE DOWNLOADING: Please expand this description and read the full list of supported devices below to confirm that your device is supported. When she left Earth, Ellen Ripley promised her daughter she would return home to celebrate her 11th birthday. She never made it. Fifteen years...

campbell

Oct 27, 2017
Alien Isolation is propagating and will be out in the US at 11 EST. Here's the link again for reference:

apps.apple.com

‎READ BEFORE DOWNLOADING: Please expand this description and read the full list of supported devices below to confirm that your device is supported. When she left Earth, Ellen Ripley promised her daughter she would return home to celebrate her 11th birthday. She never made it. Fifteen years...

Some early impressions

Everything you need to know about Alien: Isolation on iOS | 148Apps

A first look at the iOS version of Alien: Isolation before release, including an extended play session video.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Apparently it's the 10th anniversary of Kingdom Rush and they're coming out with a new free hero character for the first game.

I haven't gotten the update yet on Android, but it's supposed to come today to my knowledge.

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Another upcoming ARPG to look out for. They state that all the microtransactions will be purely cosmetic which would be great if true.

www.pocketgamer.com

Torchlight: Infinite is now taking sign-ups for its upcoming closed beta

Torchlight: Infinite, the upcoming mobile instalment in the popular series, will soon host a closed beta test. The test will be available for both iOS and Android. About Torchlight: Infinite XD Inc., well-known for Sausage Man, Muse Dash, and Ragnarok M, is th...

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Another upcoming ARPG to look out for. They state that all the microtransactions will be purely cosmetic which would be great if true.

www.pocketgamer.com

Torchlight: Infinite is now taking sign-ups for its upcoming closed beta

Torchlight: Infinite, the upcoming mobile instalment in the popular series, will soon host a closed beta test. The test will be available for both iOS and Android. About Torchlight: Infinite XD Inc., well-known for Sausage Man, Muse Dash, and Ragnarok M, is th...

nice, between this diablo & poe one of these is gonna be a hit

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
maybe I'll actually check out Farm RPG now lol

different topic: is it still possible to check foreign app stores with some kind of Safari link?
Should be, I accidently clicked on a link to the Russian app store just a week ago.

This new release looks good, Gem Wizard Tactics. The developer describes this game as a mix between Fire Emblem and XCOM.
apps.apple.com

‎Gem Wizards Tactics

‎The Business Demons have risen from beneath, and they're here to frack, drill, pillage and burn everything in sight! Follow the tale of young Derby Pocket, a Business Demon Intern, who discovers the dark secrets of the OMNIGEM! Don't let the cute art fool you: this is a deep, complex tactics...
play.google.com

Gem Wizards Tactics - Apps on Google Play

Choose your faction and test your skill in this original tactical masterpiece!

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
A prominent member on the iOS gaming subreddit complied a list of their favorite games of 2021. It's got a decent mix of premium and F2P games and overall looks like a pretty good list:

thanks!
Should be, I accidently clicked on a link to the Russian app store just a week ago.

This new release looks good, Gem Wizard Tactics. The developer describes this game as a mix between Fire Emblem and XCOM.
apps.apple.com

‎Gem Wizards Tactics

‎The Business Demons have risen from beneath, and they're here to frack, drill, pillage and burn everything in sight! Follow the tale of young Derby Pocket, a Business Demon Intern, who discovers the dark secrets of the OMNIGEM! Don't let the cute art fool you: this is a deep, complex tactics...
play.google.com

oh shit that looks very good

will cop & make a OT i think

awp69

Oct 25, 2017

apps.apple.com

‎Gem Wizards Tactics

play.google.com

Anyone try this yet? I'm tempted but have spent a lot on sales already including XCOM 2 and FF IV. So feedback on this would be welcome.

Zeeman

Oct 25, 2017
Ooh Six Ages is on sale, but weirdly it looks like the dev removed the bundle with it and King of Dragon Pass. I was hoping for a discount for buying both together.

Beamerball

Jan 16, 2018
Got a 6th gen iPad mini. Does anyone know how Chrono Trigger plays on it? I assume they haven't updated that app in forever and is probably letter boxed.

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
Sorry to take things off topic but does anyone have any experience with what appears to be screenburn on an ipad?

I was using the device last weekend when all of a sudden the screen 'flashed' and the screen went black but with a burned in 'capture' of the current screen.

I read up a bit and as advised, switched the screen off until the image disappeared.

A week later and whenever I hit the power button I can see that the screen becomes active but no image appears.

I can't turn the device off as the screen doesn't come on to swipe it off. Is my best bet just waiting for the battery to empty by itself and see what happens when it's powered off? I've done the home + power restart but that hasn't helped..

Beamerball

Jan 16, 2018
Sorry to take things off topic but does anyone have any experience with what appears to be screenburn on an ipad?

I was using the device last weekend when all of a sudden the screen 'flashed' and the screen went black but with a burned in 'capture' of the current screen.

I read up a bit and as advised, switched the screen off until the image disappeared.

A week later and whenever I hit the power button I can see that the screen becomes active but no image appears.

I can't turn the device off as the screen doesn't come on to swipe it off. Is my best bet just waiting for the battery to empty by itself and see what happens when it's powered off? I've done the home + power restart but that hasn't helped..
I've owned 7 iPads over the years and have never experienced anything like this. Is it a new device? Do you have apple care? If so I'd get it looked at. Seems like something unusual happened.

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
I've owned 7 iPads over the years and have never experienced anything like this. Is it a new device? Do you have apple care? If so I'd get it looked at. Seems like something unusual happened.

Yeah ditto which is what surprised me! TO be fair it's a 9.7" pro that I've had for about 3-4 years but my ipad 4 lasted well longer.

Might be time for a new device which is a shame as I live by my ipad for comics etc :(

I just wished there was a way of turning off the device without access to the screen. I can only find button combos to restart it

Beamerball

Jan 16, 2018
Yeah ditto which is what surprised me! TO be fair it's a 9.7" pro that I've had for about 3-4 years but my ipad 4 lasted well longer.

Might be time for a new device which is a shame as I live by my ipad for comics etc :(

I just wished there was a way of turning off the device without access to the screen. I can only find button combos to restart it
I had that same iPad. Was a good one for sure!

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Merry Christmas to you all who celebrate it!

I'm going to start working on the 2022 thread soon and I need some game ideas. What were y'alls favorite games that came out in 2021?

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
It's been a few days that there is an update for Konami Pixel Puzzle Collection that I can't install on Android, am I alone in this and is there any workaround?

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
How's the mobile version of Chrono Trigger these days? I vaguely remember it being panned when it first came out but it's been a while.

Beamerball

Jan 16, 2018
Considering getting a controller and deciding between a PS5 or Xbox controller. Any thoughts pros/cons on either?

RpgN

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
SpongeBob SquarePants is on sale for €1. It's a €9 game that is handled by HandyGames. An awesome company that takes good care of supporting their games. This one has controller support and better options than the switch version apparently. I've never bought a SpongeBob game before but this one is apparently good if you like collectathon the platformer. I'm buying it too!

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
SpongeBob SquarePants is on sale for €1. It's a €9 game that is handled by HandyGames. An awesome company that takes good care of supporting their games. This one has controller support and better options than the switch version apparently. I've never bought a SpongeBob game before but this one is apparently good if you like collectathon the platformer. I'm buying it too!
me too, it's a 20€ xbox game usually.

Considering getting a controller and deciding between a PS5 or Xbox controller. Any thoughts pros/cons on either?
whatever you prefer, I guess. I prefer the Xbox controller because of the possibility to use batteries, eneloops or a charge kit. and I generally prefer the xbox controller haptics, especially of my elite 2. pretty sure extended features like dualsense and touchpad won't be supported, so that is no plus for that plattform

considering Xbox Game Pass cloud, a Xbox controller may be the better solution, although I would think the DS5 would work as well.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
The Xbox controller also remembers two devices (phone/tablet and console) and can quickly switch between those. No idea if that's possible with a PS5 controller.

Also batteries, that alone makes the Xbox controller a winner on the road.