• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shocchiz

Nov 7, 2017
Amazing.
Time to buy crackdown again.

EDIT: I already own the game but it's not in my One download list. Is this normal?

Last edited:

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Performance Mode
crackperf.png

Graphics Mode
crack4k.png

KingBean

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
As soon as ninja gaiden 2 and razers edge hit backwords compatibility I'll have to buy a one x.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
Having more 360 exclusives available at a higher resolution is great.

Good on MS.

Nov 2, 2017
Might finally get around to playing Crackdown and Fable Anniversary now

But please God do Lost Odyssey. It's never going to get ported and it deserves to be beautiful

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Forza Horizon seems like such a pointless addition considering it's had several sequels that greatly improved on the formula.

Micro

Oct 28, 2017
Just booted up Horizon, its lovely, and I had 32 messages of free money waiting for me. :)
Forza rewards is a beautiful thing.

I'll be trying some games out tonight, that's for sure. I've been on a kick playing my old Xbox 360 games lately so this is perfect timing, I can try Crackdown out on the One X!

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Forza Horizon seems like such a pointless addition considering it's had several sequels that greatly improved on the formula.
First, it's the game that started it all. Then you have people thinking it's still the best game and due to its location, it still is unique and with Rally mode really has a nice mode the others don't have.

BouncyFrag

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to play Horizon. The game holds up incredibly well in its original form. Enhanced will be a sight indeed!!

Prologue

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
We have two current generation titles for Horizon, so seeing an update for the original Horizon seems reductant. People seem happy for it though, so the more the better.

Witcher 2 and Crackdown seem more appropriate. I'm looking forward to Fable. Been wanting to play the anniversary edition since I never played the original, so this is great news.

Hope Mass Effect Triology gets some love, as well as Reach.

Hopefully MW2 one day?

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
Really curious about Performance mode for Xbox One X Enhanced titles.

Is that just designed to prioritize a locked native framerate over visual fidelity? Do any of the 11 total games announced for X Enhancements have an unlocked framerate (i.e. 60 fps)...?

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Is that just designed to prioritize a locked native framerate over visual fidelity? Do any of the 11 total games announced for X Enhancements have an unlocked framerate (i.e. 60 fps)...?

Yeah it was talked about in a DF interview late last year. It's for games like Oblivion that, when running in the enhanced mode, don't hit their target performance (typically a 30 fps cap). It will run games at the original resolution but use the X resources to try and brute force any performance issues.

"Because this list is curated and we go through and test every game, the other thing that we have found is that some games will get a visual bump that keeps them at parity with how they play on the [Xbox One] S. Other games, if you didn't do the enhancement, would get a performance bump that would exceed what they've done on the S, so we are going to build into the next round - and we'll retrofit it to the old ones - the ability to turn the visual enhancements off and rely on only the hardware improvements and then allow performance to be maximised at what the game's original resolution was."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...x-one-x-back-compat-how-does-it-actually-work

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017

From what I can see it simply drops back the resolution to the game's original, so in the case of games where perhaps it has frame drops in specific situations on X, you may be able to mitigate them
I didn't feel any anything in the magnitude of 30 - 60fps jump

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It's simply turning X enhancements off and on. That's it.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's been so long since I played Forza Horizon that it feels like I'm playing Forza Horizon 4. I can't believe this is a 360 game, the world, gameplay, visuals, performance, soundtrack and whatever else are all wow. Remind me just why this one of my favourite games of all time.

I was actually playing NFS Payback (so obvious they tried to copy the Horizon series in many ways) yesterday on the PS4 Pro and even this 2012 game is far superior in every way. Makes me laugh at EA.

Also, this game sort of makes me wish Playground go back to a setting like Colorado for Horizon 4.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
damn.....the first horizon was so nice and relaxing to play.....didn't feel overwhelmed by everything.....unlike FH3. I feel like FH3 has just way to much map clutter and shit sometimes

edit:

HOLY SHIT AT CRACKDOWN GRAPHICS MODE

Morbius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im loving these screenshots especially of Witcher 2 but i neeeeeeeeeeed video in my life right now.

Oct 27, 2017
Getting closer to buying that One X buuuuuuuuut..

Where the fuck is Ninja Gaiden 2?

Just smooth out the framerate so it doesnt eat inputs, game is like 25% better just like that

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Oh my good god, I have Crackdown digitally! I was going to hunt down a physical copy when I thought I'd double check first :D