• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Is Fable locked 30 now? I tried it before the enhancement and the perfomance was really bad.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Curious: I was under the impression that the OG Xbox One was quite a bit more powerful than the 360. I don't doubt the One X can really push these games, but couldn't there be upgrades for backwards compatible games that are huge upgrades already? I know some games get performance boosts, but I mean visually.

Deleted member 6733

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Playing fable now enhanced. The camera has a little weird shaking issue but it looks really clean.

I mentioned this in the other thread, it has been there since they made it BD. I think it's the auto center which sadly you can't turn off. It's ok when stationary but a bitch when moving. It was making me feel ill but I'm getting used to it now.

Tunned

Oct 30, 2017
These X enhanced games are looking amazing. If MS will enhance PGR4 or even 2 for the X, then I'm going to have to buy an X. :-O

Oct 25, 2017
Some more Forza Horizon Super-Sampled shots. Looks like a great looking current-gen game to be honest. It's magic.

2296804d-4cfb-4609-a7l6s8z.png

giphy.gif

What kind of magic is this?
Holy....

Scently

Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty simple. Horizon always looked better than Burnout. Both games are essentially 4K updates with other minor enhancements, main difference is one is $40 with DLC included and the other is free (if you own the game obviously).
Indeed. It would have been interesting to see a Burnout Paradise BC X-enhanced vs the re-release.

Wiggles

Oct 28, 2017
Holy god I need to get an XBX at some point, Forza Horizon looks absurd. I believe the game used a mix of 4xMSAA and FXAA so not surprised it looks so clean at 9x the res.

I managed to find this Crackdown video on YouTube:

From 0:10 seconds on, the 4K now let's us appreciate the great difficulties the NPC AI has with stairs..

Oct 27, 2017

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
It was GwG 5 years ago.

Also, it does boot the japanese version if you change your region, but the achivement list is the same :(

Lordy!

I'm not sure how many achievements I had yet to get, I remember spending so much time farming vehicle skills back in the day.

*boots the game up* Oh my god that loading screen! The Memories!

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Crackdown was not showing up in my games list at all, but I was able to find it on the store. I didn't think that I had it digitally but apparently it was a previous Games with Gold game so that is awesome.

It just seems like the updates are slowly rolling out to people's systems.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Curious: I was under the impression that the OG Xbox One was quite a bit more powerful than the 360. I don't doubt the One X can really push these games, but couldn't there be upgrades for backwards compatible games that are huge upgrades already? I know some games get performance boosts, but I mean visually.
The Xbox One is emulating a previous generation console from a different CPU architecture - that alone is an incredibly complex and performance-intensive task, and uses up basically all of the Xbox One's power. Even still, the frame rates on Xbox One are usually smoother than they were on Xbox 360.

Only the X has enough extra power on top of that to render at a higher resolution and add various forms of filtering.

Deleted member 6733

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just a quick shout out to EvilBoris for his great work in this thread. Lots of informed answers and engagement, your enthusiasm for this is really showing. It's great to see some positivity here. Thank you!

Feels good.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
One last shot. Game plays amazing. Game looks amazing. My brain is fucked really. This thing has no right to look this awesome and clean.

e0d830af-4c77-4028-84uzo63.png

Tomorrow Crackdown.

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
Don't you just upload the 360 FH stuff to cloud save? IIRC, there's a season pass file that you upload, then the system grabs that file when you install FH, and then you're set.

I transferred my save file & rally stuff over fine, so I assume the rest of the season pass content would work similarly.
I'm not quite sure honestly. I'll check my save out and see if I can do that!

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe I'm excited to race home and reinstall Crackdown so I can get lost in finding all the agility orbs again. Bravo MS!

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
In honor of the enhanced patch, a flashback to the GB Quicklook for Horizon, possibly my favorite intro for any of their videos:

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Zj4vmrJh.jpg

Screenshots aren't doing it justice :)

Seems like I have no save game and all achievements, I'm thinking I'm replaying this again anyway :)

Art Vandelay

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Witcher 2 isn't showing up as enhanced, but the game looks pretty damn good. Or at least the opening does. Anyone else having this issue?

Manicstreet

Oct 25, 2017
Well I guess I'll be going back to gamestop tomorrow. Didn't realize I had downloaded this during games with gold back in 2013. Thanks for whoever mentioned it was free in the past!

Deleted member 9584

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Any idea how to trigger the Forza update? There's no update for my game, it doesn't show up under the One X enhanced filter, and when I play he game my tv says it's running in 1080p.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey now. I need to find my crackdown disk. I'd buy it digital but then with my luck it would show up in game pass.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is there no chance of Forza Horizon 1 becoming available digitally again? Feels kind of cruel to add support for it but not have it be available for purchase.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
I really like what Microsoft's BC team has done with the recent enhancements for x360 games. Kinda regretting that i made the decision to skip X, maybe i'll double dip.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Zj4vmrJh.jpg

Screenshots aren't doing it justice :)

Seems like I have no save game and all achievements, I'm thinking I'm replaying this again anyway :)

Looks amazing. I might go build a pile of explosives somewhere and pop em off.

Just booted up Forza and to Mirror what others are saying, it's a super pretty game and the 4K really shows that off. Obviously not as amazing as Forza 3 , but you can see just how consistently great they've been with the visuals