• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
HOLY SHIT!!!!!! I honestly was expecting Darlene to get a bullet in the head just now... not to have Vera show up again! WHAT THE WHAT?!?!?!?!?

Oct 26, 2017
Fucking Vera lol, last person I'd think would come back. What purpose does he even serve now

Many purposes. Either Elliot decides to use his connections to get back at the Dark Army, or he serves as a side plot where Elliot decides he can no longer exist so he exposes his connections + finds a way to get Vera killed. Elliot is coming to terms that he has a part of Mr. Robot just as much as Mr. Robot has a part of him inside, so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for him to justify Vera's murder in the same way that Mr. Robot justified other murders.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Awesome ending to season. And I'm really happy to see Vera! Tyrell hasn't been his exciting eccentric self this season. Vera was a dick but I really enjoyed character, wonder how he will affect things now.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
What was the song playing at the end? Also, does anyone think Elliot actually undid the hack....

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
M83 - "Intro" on "Hurry Up, We're Dreaming"

Also Elliot didn't actually undo the hack, he sent the encryption keys to ECorp. I wonder if it would've taken more resources to manually decrypt the files.
He may not have access to the files anymore.

They're really banking on the hope that some support monkey is going to take that email seriously.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017

Also Elliot didn't actually undo the hack, he sent the encryption keys to ECorp. I wonder if it would've taken more resources to manually decrypt the files.

Thanks.

Also, are we sure he sent them to E-Corp? The e-mail address was falkensmaze@ (Forget the rest of it).... I wonder if that was a nod to WarGames, Professor Falken.

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks.

Also, are we sure he sent them to E-Corp? The e-mail address was falkensmaze@ (Forget the rest of it).... I wonder if that was a nod to WarGames, Professor Falken.

The second email was an ecorp email. I think the Falken one was a dummy email to protect his identity.

He may not have access to the files anymore.

They're really banking on the hope that some support monkey is going to take that email seriously.

That's a good point. Elliot closed the FBI hack backdoor earlier this season, and I believe the backdoor in season 1 was also closed, he can't do shit.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
what are the chances this show actually dives into scifi in season 4?

I actually think it's getting slimmer by the year. I feel as if time travel was used this season as a literary device to show how each character had regrets: 1) Elliot who actually can undo his actions, but will likely be naive about the effects of such actions on a crippled economy (heh nice touch to have Superman turning back time to save Lois), 2) Angela believing so hard that whiterose can take her back into a time where her mother was alive, and believing so hard that these people won't be killed because time travel will just happen. 3) Price witnessing that whiterose had to destroy so much just to get what she wants and is actually the most realistic of all characters. He knows he can't go backwards, so he has to find a way to fix everything. I could probably find some more about the ways that Time Travel is used as a literary device on other characters.

EDIT - Not to mention, Sam Esmail himself admitted it would be too late to introduce Time Travel, which I'm assuming means he's going to build an arc for whiterose where she will find out the cold hard truth that it simply isn't possible.

Toasty

Oct 25, 2017
Sidewinder
I actually think it's getting slimmer by the year. I feel as if time travel was used this season as a literary device to show how each character had regrets: 1) Elliot who actually can undo his actions, but will likely be naive about the effects of such actions on a crippled economy (heh nice touch to have Superman turning back time to save Lois), 2) Angela believing so hard that whiterose can take her back into a time where her mother was alive, and believing so hard that these people won't be killed because time travel will just happen. 3) Price witnessing that whiterose had to destroy so much just to get what she wants and is actually the most realistic of all characters. He knows he can't go backwards, so he has to find a way to fix everything. I could probably find some more about the ways that Time Travel is used as a literary device on other characters.

EDIT - Not to mention, Sam Esmail himself admitted it would be too late to introduce Time Travel, which I'm assuming means he's going to build an arc for whiterose where she will find out the cold hard truth that it simply isn't possible.
Alright that actually has me a bit relieved. I've heard the rumblings of it mixed with the obvious allusions to it in the show but I never expected it to go well.

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
The actor was on the digital after show on the verge and that question was asked and the answer was "Take Care of Her"
I guess subtitles weren't up to the job of decoding all that meaning...

Disappointing finale, but that's par for the course with this show. At least Esmail remembered to actually make the build-up exciting this time.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Another incredible season of television. This show doesn't quit. Right up there with Hannibal in the G.O.A.T. category.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
Ew gross fucking Irving lol

I knew we were gonna see him go apeshit this episode fucking nuts

"Now forgive me for a moment while I center myself"

*axe to the face

Last edited:

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Wasn't really blown away by the finale. It was good, but played it rather safe, there were several episodes this season that I thought were much better.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Watching Irving grab Grant by the throat was great, even though the subsequent twist with Leon could be seen coming a mile off. For a show that likes to be unconventional, Sam really dipped into the conventional pool for the finale.

I don't know what purpose Vera is going to serve. He looks changed. I suppose they need some chaotic neutral.

Was personally hoping he wouldn't hit enter and send the key.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this felt more like a cleanup episode for the season to set the stage for S4 more than anything mindblowing.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking Vera is amazing and I dont care why he's back I'm just happy he's back. The actor is so good. The best characters on this show are ones that think they're spiritually connected to Elliot

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
According to Google translate he added some sound or word to "Take care or her" My GF speaks some mandarin (she's chinese but speaks mostly Cantonese) and she thought it was an odd phrase and couldn't figure out what they were saying beyond the first words "take care" and "ta" which is he or she. Curious if it's on purpose

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
According to Google translate he added some sound or word to "Take care or her" My GF speaks some mandarin (she's chinese but speaks mostly Cantonese) and she thought it was an odd phrase and couldn't figure out what they were saying beyond the first words "take care" and "ta" which is he or she. Curious if it's on purpose

Considering it wasn't subtitled (at least in my viewing), it might be intentional.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
Fucking Vera is amazing and I dont care why he's back I'm just happy he's back. The actor is so good. The best characters on this show are ones that think they're spiritually connected to Elliot

Took me awhile to remember who he was lol but yea, he's a great actor, can't wait to see more of him. Overall I liked the finale. Very intense.

So I'm still kinda lost. White rose let Elliot live because he did some hacking stuff for the Congo? And did he undo the 5/9 hack fully at the end?

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm still kinda lost. White rose let Elliot live because he did some hacking stuff for the Congo? And did he undo the 5/9 hack fully at the end?

Yes, but we don't know if what he did was successful. For 5/9, he only sent the key to someone. The bragging guy that sat next to him, I think. So it isn't completely undone but I think they'll skip ahead in S4.

Oct 26, 2017
Watching Irving grab Grant by the throat was great, even though the subsequent twist with Leon could be seen coming a mile off. For a show that likes to be unconventional, Sam really dipped into the conventional pool for the finale.

I don't know what purpose Vera is going to serve. He looks changed. I suppose they need some chaotic neutral.

Was personally hoping he wouldn't hit enter and send the key.

Depends on who you ask. A lot of people in the Mr. Robot subreddit were convinced that Darlene was dead based on the imagery of her juxtaposed with fire/the color red. And I personally thought that Darlene was going to end up dead and empower Elliot to follow through with his vengeance wish they made. I'm happy they didn't do her dirty considering how warm the bond is between the both of them, though there is a chance that she might still end up dead in Season 4.

I was never a fan of the character, but Vera still has a purpose to serve in terms of the lingering animosity between him and Elliot, and basically screwed him over by forcing him to break him out of jail while still killing Shayla. Either Elliot reluctantly uses him to bring down the Dark Army and then kills him (which would make sense as Elliot has come to terms with realizing that he has a bit of Mr. Robot in him as much as Mr. Robot has a bit of Elliot in him, he might justify murdering a psychopath whereas season 1 Elliot wouldn't have), or he just flatout brings his operation down again and kills him in revenge for Shayla.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. Interested to see where this goes.

I assume Elliot will once again learn he's pretty naive and this reset isn't really going to fix shit, as suggested by that final street conversation.

Followed by Fiona Apple's "Criminal" depending on what part of the end was being asked about.