• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
MS porting Hi-Fi Rush would be odd considering it flys in the face of a few things they said, but if it bumps player numbers and sales enough to justify a sequel im all for it.

brenobnfm

Sep 28, 2019
Pentiment just missed the cut off point for the 2022 TGAs but still won it with a few outlets, and Hi-Fi Rush was one of the most nominated games this year in different categories despite coming out very early in the year. Didn't make the big category at TGAs but it was a very stacked year.

On here Pentiment was very popular and got a very respectable #6 position in the 2022 Era awards. I think the criteria Nate gave fits them a lot more than the Forzas and Halos which realistically are too big to go to other platforms and would be akin to putting Mario or God of War on Xbox - just would never happen.

That doesn't mean GOTY conversation, nor being in the TGA shortlist does, since they have to choose 6 anyway. Pentiment won around 0,7% of the GOTY awards and HiFi Rush haven't one a single one so far AFAIK, that's not being in the "GOTY conversation" unless you want to make a clickbait title for attention.

HFR has won GotY at a couple of outlets and was nominated for several awards at TGAs this past year. And Pentiment WOULD have scored more nominations if it came out earlier in the year.

I think you meant Pentiment won a couple of GOTYs, still, see above.

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
MS porting Hi-Fi Rush would be odd considering it flys in the face of a few things they said, but if it bumps player numbers and sales enough to justify a sequel im all for it.

A year later, though, another Microsoft-published game, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, was also released on Switch. Spencer categorized the Ori offerings as supporting the development studio's wishes. That team, Moon Studios, isn't owned by Microsoft and has subsequently entered a publishing deal with Take Two.

Where does that leave the prospect of more Xbox games coming to non-Xbox consoles? Spencer told me that "it doesn't feel sustainable" to consider Xbox games on a case by case basis for Switch and said, "In order to really support it, I would want a full Xbox ecosystem somewhere. And that probably means things like Live and Game Pass and stuff." He said something similar in July during an interview with GameStar, though the answer has changed slightly. Back then he said that "the other competitive platforms aren't really that interested in having a full Xbox experience on their hardware." I cited that answer to him and asked if it was still the case with Sony and Nintendo. "I don't want to speak for them," he said. "I think they should probably answer."

kotaku.com

Xbox Boss Phil Spencer On Series X Launch, Halo Infinite & Bethesda

There’s nothing normal about interviewing Xbox chief Phil Spencer these days.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I think you meant Pentiment won a couple of GOTYs, still, see above.

HFR has won several major awards this year. I don't see any point in trying to devalue that. Several outlets have given it extreme props, and just because it hasn't won as many awards as BG3, TOTK or AW2 should not negate the fact that the press really liked it. I think it absolutely counts as a "GotY" contender, even if it released in an UNGODLY crowded year with three extremely high-profile competitors that soaked up most of the attention.

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
"The year it released" makes it sound less likely to be something from 2023, as why wouldn't you just say a "1st party GotY candidate" instead. Weird wording which to me, implies it's an older title.

Hi-Fi Rush to Switch seems obvious if that's simply an awkward way of saying last year.

brenobnfm

Sep 28, 2019
HFR has won several major awards this year.

Whice ones? I mean GOTY awards since that's what the title says, not category awards.

just because it hasn't won as many awards as BG3, TOTK or AW2 should not negate the fact that the press really liked it.

Of course not, i'm pretty sure people liked it, but being relevant in the GOTY conversation? If we get this loose, we have 50 games in the GOTY conversation this year. There are 3 games in the GOTY conversation this year, with a clear title holder.

bloopland33

Mar 4, 2020
When talking about Redfall and Starfield in the court hearings and how they were new games without established communities, Microsoft did go on to say that many other future Zenimax/Bethesda games would be coming to Playstation and Nintendo (page 19):

They did release Quake 1+2 on the other platforms - Quake 1 never released on Playstation - so it seems like old remasters could be candidates.
I think I had missed that comment amidst all the other hubbub at the time. That's exciting. Give me Doom Year Zero on my Switch 2.

brenobnfm

Sep 28, 2019
"The year it released" makes it sound less likely to be something from 2023, as why wouldn't you just say a "1st party GotY candidate" instead. Weird wording which to me, implies it's an older title.

Hi-Fi Rush to Switch seems obvious if that's simply an awkward way of saying last year.

Turns out it's Oblivion on PS5 and Switch.

Edit: Even better, Morrowind.

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe Age of Empires II DE for Switch? Although they said GOTY, not GOAT.
I've said since day one that'd be perfect on Switch considering...

66593_front.jpg

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I will be so happy to see Hi-Fi Rush find a new audience and get more peeps playing it. Favorite Xbox game. Can't wait to replay it if the rumors are true, that it's indeed being ported. :)

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Every platform holder's goal is to get the largest possible audience for their games and make lots of money, but you don't see Nintendo and Sony putting their lowest-selling titles on other platforms. I am not against MS putting it's games on other platforms, but it is their decision where and how they decide to do so, and no one should feel like they deserve to have them on their platform of choice.

"no one should feel like they deserve to have them on their platform of choice"

Is this anti-port begging logic?

But I feel like I deserve to have HFR on my Switch and PC, my platforms of choice.

Also, I'm excited to see it on Switch, hopefully it runs well. Glad more people get to play it.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
The Oblivion remaster would unironically make sense for this title, none of this HiFi Rush and Pentiment nonsense.
???

How are they nonsense? The rumor doesn't specify the size of the title, just that it was highly regarded and those two titles were just that.
Oblivion coming to other consoles wouldn't be odd but it arguably makes less sense for this specific rumor as

1. It hasn't even been officially revealed
2. It's only an "Xbox Exclusive' in hindsight and not at the time of original release and I kind of doubt Nate would put that many loops into this.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017

But I feel like I deserve to have HFR on my Switch and PC, my platforms of choice.

Also, I'm excited to see it on Switch, hopefully it runs well. Glad more people get to play it.
Youre counting your chickens before the eggs hatch, I wouldnt be so sure its Hi-Fi Rush.

tok9

Prophet of Truth
Nov 2, 2017
I'm most curious to see this on the technical side. Feel like a lot of cuts will need to be made to have this running at a stable fps. Coming out on the Switch 2 would make more sense to me

brenobnfm

Sep 28, 2019
???

How are they nonsense? The rumor doesn't specify the size of the title, just that it was highly regarded and those two titles were just that.
Oblivion coming to other consoles wouldn't be odd but it arguably makes less sense for this specific rumor as

1. It hasn't even been officially revealed
2. It's only an "Xbox Exclusive' in hindsight and not at the time of original release and I kind of doubt Nate would put that many loops into this.

How is HiFi Rush (0 GOTY awards) and Pentiment (4 GOTY awards from small publications. Elden Ring had 435) in the GOTY conversation? Oblivion at least is a game developed by a 1st party studio and won most of the GOTY awards of its year. If it's HiFi Rush or Pentiment the title is honestly just clickbait. And no i obviously don't think it's Oblivion.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
How is HiFi Rush (0 GOTY awards) and Pentiment (4 GOTY awards from small publications. Elden Ring had 435) in the GOTY conversation? Oblivion at least is a game developed by a 1st party studio and won most of the GOTY awards of its year. If it's HiFi Rush or Pentiment the title is honestly just clickbait. And no i obviously don't think it's Oblivion.

I think you're getting too hung up on that one aspect as just being nominated counts as being part of the conversation.
A conversation is just the consideration of certain titles. Would be different if he said "GOTY AWARD WINNER" which isn't the case.

www.vg247.com

Bethesda's masterpiece is our Game of the Year 2023

That's right, it's Hi-Fi Rush!

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I trust the leaker just because he leaked Persona 3 Reload months and months before. If it isn't HFR, ooh well. It just seems like a really good fit for Switch.
Honestly more than Persona I trust them for leaking Xbox Taiko game, that's the kinda shit someone wouldn't have thought to make up lol

brenobnfm

Sep 28, 2019
I think you're getting too hung up on that one aspect as just being nominated counts as being part of the conversation.
A conversation is just the consideration of certain titles. Would be different if he said "GOTY AWARD WINNER" which isn't the case.

www.vg247.com

Bethesda's masterpiece is our Game of the Year 2023

That's right, it's Hi-Fi Rush!

I think it would be perfectly fine saying "critical acclaimed" game, but then it wouldn't have the same weight without throwing the word "GOTY" in the mix.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017

I don't even know how to respond to this since the game was already released on PC and is rumored to hit the switch. So good for you, I guess.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Contender =/= Winner. We could have a loooong back-and-forth about what a game has to do to be considered a GOTY contender, but I wouldn't bat an eye at anyone claiming HiFi was one last year. The game's OT was full of people saying as much.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly more than Persona I trust them for leaking Xbox Taiko game, that's the kinda shit someone wouldn't have thought to make up lol

Honestly, that is a better point, who would have thought of that turning out true. I'm biased because I loved P3 on the PS2 (obviously). So seeing the rumor turn out true made them the best leaker ever in my book, up their with CBOAT.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm like the only one who'd love Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts on Switch, despite its initial reception, and I have it and honestly love it on Xbox! Hell, if they push the Tears of the Kingdom comparisons, it could legit break out... maybe. Bonus points if they include a classic model mode that makes Banjo and all other veterans their Nintendo era designs.

Feb 19, 2023
Well there it is, thanks for clearing it up

Seems like it is HFR to Nintendo, then, and Nate's wording was to purposefully throw people off from 2023. Again, lmao at people who continue to say Forza Horizon 5, Halo, Gears, and even Starfield despite Nate saying nothing on that level, or people saying Xbox is going more multiplatform despite him saying that this is non indicative of a multiplatform push but their usual case but case MO.

HFR to Switch with a physical edition is a genius move considering Nate said the sequel will be fully exclusive.

But... I thought MS said Nintendo isn't competition? lol

Joking aside, Hi-fi on Switch sounds like a good idea.

MS said themselves in court they do not see Nintendo as competition. It's additional venue for profit to them, Ori games are on Switch and not on PS already anyway. Plus, I see HiFi doing very good on Switch, not much so on PlayStation.

I believe Microsoft said the in the ftc trial. That they don't view it as one. And iirc a study a few years back said over 50% of switch owners own an Xbox or PlayStation. Don't quote me though

Why does everyone keep getting MS mixed up with Sony? Sony was the one hellbent on making it seem that Switch wasn't a competitor so MS putting games on Switch "wasn't important." Sony made up the "high-definition market" to purposefully exclude the Switch.

Last edited:

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
I was hoping for a little more spice! Hifi Rush just for switch doesn't seem like that big a deal. Makes sense really.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping for a little more spice! Hifi Rush just for switch doesn't seem like that big a deal. Makes sense really.

To be fair, I imagine that's kinda the point.

At this rate, Microsoft will probably never willingly just put their big AAA stuff like Halo or Gears on Switch or other platforms like that, it seems their Nintendo support (besides the obvious Minecraft and now even COD because of the Activision deal) is mostly limited to smaller stuff like Ori and even old Rare games on NSO, so Hi-Fi Rush definitely fits in with that.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
So, it seems it is Hi-Fi Rush just on Switch?

Makes sense and I think overall that's something I believe will have no huge negative impact upon announcement.

HFR on PS5 would have ruffled more feathers for sure.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
To be fair, I imagine that's kinda the point.

At this rate, Microsoft will probably never willingly just put their big AAA stuff like Halo or Gears on Switch or other platforms like that, it seems their Nintendo support (besides the obvious Minecraft and now even COD because of the Activision deal) is mostly limited to smaller stuff like Ori and even old Rare games on NSO, so Hi-Fi Rush definitely fits in with that.

Oh for sure. I guess the way Nate talked about it annoying some xbox fans I though it was going to be a much bigger deal. Hifi Rush for Switch seems reasonably harmless and I can't imagine it annoying too many having issues with it.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Hifi Rush getting a Switch/Switch 2 physical version might push them towards also dropping a Xbox physical the same time.
MS Xbox retail presence is lackluster though, so they might just stick to Switch for physical.

Feb 19, 2023
Oh for sure. I guess the way Nate talked about it annoying some xbox fans I though it was going to be a much bigger deal. Hifi Rush for Switch seems reasonably harmless and I can't imagine it annoying too many having issues with it.

Too many people were getting hung up on that quote when Nate is correct. Check Reddit and social media now and you see people getting pissed that HFR might come to Switch. I think people underestimate what "diehards" refer to.

Came here thinking the same thing. 🤔

That was Sony. 👇

Why does everyone keep getting MS mixed up with Sony? Sony was the one hellbent on making it seem that Switch wasn't a competitor so MS putting games on Switch "wasn't important." Sony made up the "high-definition market" to purposefully exclude the Switch (edit: and devalue MS Nintendo proposal).

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Hi-Fi Rush is not on Xbox One, so it would be on the Nintendo Switch successor if a port happens at all. I would be all for that just so we can get a proper multimedia push going forward.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
They do, or else they wouldn't have argued with the FTC so hard about it.
Oh I'm sorry, you are right.
Too many people were getting hung up on that quote when Nate is correct. Check Reddit and social media now and you see people getting pissed that HFR might come to Switch. I think people underestimate what "diehards" refer to.

That was Sony. 👇
Ah gotcha. Thank you for clarifying. Got who said what mixed up.

Mcbel

Sep 6, 2023
Yeah, I thought it would be nothing news but I was wrong. Just in this forum, some reasonable xbox fans (or so I thought) are panicking over it.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
HFR has won several major awards this year. I don't see any point in trying to devalue that. Several outlets have given it extreme props, and just because it hasn't won as many awards as BG3, TOTK or AW2 should not negate the fact that the press really liked it. I think it absolutely counts as a "GotY" contender, even if it released in an UNGODLY crowded year with three extremely high-profile competitors that soaked up most of the attention.
Which ones? Because it has 0 in the awards thread.

Damien1990

May 23, 2020
Nah, with the way Nate worded it he's definitely right about it upsetting the "hardcore", and one person who was annoyed about it and has half come around says that a "fair exchange for all involved" would be Bayonetta 2 and 3 to Xbox in exchange for Hi-Fi Rush for Switch but outside of that it is a big no, and others are echoing that it should go both ways or the Xbox ecosystem is devalued.