CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I forgot how long the console wars have been raging. I suddenly remember being a kid and reading games magazines and seeing art like this thinking, wow, they sure hate sonic/mario. Can't remember if the art got that graphic though until after Mortal Kombat released.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
what the fuck?

I can only speak by Nintendo's Brazilian magazine of back in the day, but was Nintendo Power this grotesque? SEGA definitely wanted to embrace the image of edgier kids of the street, and as always, looked dumb in the end
Nazi's aren't "edgy kids of the street " they are goddmn nazi's my guy. It feels like you are conflating multiple things and its a weird conflation. Like the fucking weird nazi shit is the problem. Not your issue with the guy working at hot topic or whatever

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
Hitlers greatest gift was being a martyr. His existence has amplified white supremacy and spread it throughout the world. This has always occurred for a long time.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, obviously; shit like that shouldn't be tolerated; I just wondered how they were even approved to be in the magazine to begin with.
Probs Nazi's on staff or people who tolerated them because they were white enough to think it was a joke and not analyze anything that was going on in the picture. Tale as old as time. Its like something awful people coming out later to realize all that anti furry rhetoric was just thinly veiled homophobia that contributed to making the modern nazi movement. Folks don't think about what they allow how it effects people. They just want engagement

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Probs Nazi's on staff or people who tolerated them because they were white enough to think it was a joke and not analyze anything that was going on in the picture. Tale as old as time. Its like something awful people coming out later to realize all that anti furry rhetoric was just thinly veiled homophobia that contributed to making the modern nazi movement. Folks don't think about what they allow how it effects people. They just want engagement
probably the former, since they even described the drawing with "a rightwing Sonic". Fucked up stuff

Justified

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Evidence that console wars have always been, and will always be.

I would argue its much more tame now

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Haha, I don't know what's more crazy; the image or the whole "A rightwing Sonic." I'm sorry but I do laugh at all this.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
They never printed my Sonic fan art, not even in the "crap" section. Maybe there wasn't enough Nazism for their liking lol.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
"Great!"

d81.gif

Hummel003

Mar 23, 2020
User Banned (1 Week): Trolling; Downplaying Nazism
the good old times when everything could be said without the world flipping out with hashtags

Oct 28, 2017
I half-expect the Sonic Twitter account to do a Notes App screenshot apology for this

They won't because Sega would fire that social media person in a nanosecond, but it would be funny

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Lol. I remember those Sonic vs Mario times, and also the hardcore drawings... not the Nazi one tho.

That crap corner is pretty harsh too btw.... some 5 year old kid sends in a Sonic drawing and gets totally destroyed by some cunt.