Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2018
The difference between an All-Star and a generational superstar is huge. I think Trae is and will be good, but I think it was still a massive, massive mistake by the Hawks.

Fact that it was only the third-worst mistake of that draft doesn't absolve the FO -- they had the chance to take Luka, and they did not.
See this is what confuses me, their numbers are almost identical except for rebounding. I doubt most people would even know which player was which if I just listed their stats out and removed rebounding.

So why is one projected to be a generational superstar, and one is just simply an all-star? Because of the state of each team 20 games into the season?

The only thing I can guess is that it's because luka is bigger. If that's the only reason then okay I guess, I dont agree but I can understand why it's easier for people to have faith in 6'7 wings over small pgs.

Jun 12, 2018
Yeah, the Mavs consistently get more out of their bench than most NBA teams, that's where the aforementioned coaching helps. Trea is a good player and I think he has the potential to eventually lead a championship caliber team, but the degree of difficulty in building the right team around him seems quite high. The first thing they need, is for one of their rookie wings to take a step forward by the end of the year.
I have faith in the young wings, our biggest issue is without a doubt our big men. Without collins suspended we are 30th in the league in def rebounding, which is one of the main reasons are defensive numbers look so god awful. None of these dudes on the team can grab a rebound. On top of that, they just offer zero rim protection.

If we can find a big man that trae can atleast direct his man into, that'd do wonders.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
It's the pettiness of Harden blended with the nonsensical prose of Kyrie. It's like it was lab grown to annoy me.

Dude was on the court, during a live play own the end the action was at. Repeatedly. He is not immune because he gave his shoes to some kids a few minutes before.

The only people being petty in that situation were the Jazz announcers.

Oct 25, 2017
See this is what confuses me, their numbers are almost identical except for rebounding. I doubt most people would even know which player was which if I just listed their stats out and removed rebounding.

So why is one projected to be a generational superstar, and one is just simply an all-star? Because of the state of each team 20 games into the season?

The only thing I can guess is that it's because luka is bigger. If that's the only reason then okay I guess, I dont agree but I can understand why it's easier for people to have faith in 6'7 wings over small pgs.

History has been much kinder to taller basketball players over shorter ones. Especially the ones who are wing sized but have guard skills. The degree of difficulty for everything that Trea does on the court is just always going to be higher. This is something I appreciate after watching JJ Barea play for a decade. The skill it takes for someone Trea's size to do what he has done is insane. The work you have to put in to do what has done so far is immense. I hope Trea eventually gets his opportunity to sweep the Lakers like Barea did when he ended both Bynum and Phil Jackson's careers in one swoop.

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
53538900_752265078500736_3567105716697169920_n.jpg

trash comparison. Who wins in dick size?

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Trae Young is great IMO. Doncic is still a level above him though. Trae is a star. Doncic a superstar type thing.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
You're kinda underrating how crazy it is for Trae to be scoring the way he is at his age. Dude is definitely in the superstar category, but the Luka stuff is making people forget that stuff like this isn't normal.
You are right. That's why I said Luka is only a step above him. I guess saying star vs superstar created a bigger discrepancy than I intended. Trae is phenomenal.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Caruso is the Rock Lee of the NBA.

Sure, he might be white and not have any hair but he can still dunk.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Is there anyone in the league cooler than Caruso?

I recognize some people are taller, might have better handles or a better shot. But in absolute coolness is anyone in his league?

Oct 28, 2017
You guys have no freaking idea how annoying it is to be a hawks fan and have to hear people trash Trae in favor of luka every god damn day. Luka stans and Mavs are soooooooo annoying. Trust me, we're happy with trae and we're happy with the trade, nothing you say will change our mind. You have your superstar, we have ours.

Mini-rant over
Yeah, but you shouldn't be happy. That's kinda the point.

Oct 28, 2017
I don't see how Young wins any of these categories. Young's scoring is more impressive because he's doing it with less size, but he isn't a better scorer. The chart even says Doncic is a better outside and inside scorer. So why make Young better scorer? Seems like they just don't want to sweep on Young. And even in athleticism and rim protection? Let's see Young stuff Lebron twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.