• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
I mean good for fans of that but I'm just sitting over here bummed it wasn't Shining Force after they trolled me hard with using the Shining Force 1 ending theme during the Mega Drive Mini announcement.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
SW5 has a new setting and a new cast. It would be interesting to see if Sega pick up SW5's storyline (I doubt it, SW fans don't give a shit about it), or go back to 1-4.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I don't know what I want more: a new game or a collection of 1-5. Either way, it's moot if it doesn't get localized because there's just too much for me to muddle through it untranslated. I did it with FF8 and some other games, can't do it with this.

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017
:x

220px-Sakura_Wars-_So_Long%2C_My_Love_-_Cover.jpg

Edit: beat x2

I still got my ps2 copy of it

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
The announcement says Taisho 29 years (no such year in real history). So not modern day. And it is set in Toyko.

Oct 27, 2017
The new site says it takes place 29 years later.

This is going to be an interesting take, going to be interesting to see how this affects the music.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Apparently this came first in the fan vote for which game they want to come back.
The project is going to be handled directly by CEO Satomi, so I hope it has high production value.

The series is a visual novel series primarily so I think there's a ceiling for how high the production values could be. I hope the strategy battles look great though.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I mean good for fans of that but I'm just sitting over here bummed it wasn't Shining Force after they trolled me hard with using the Shining Force 1 ending theme during the Mega Drive Mini announcement.

I know you guys were hoping for something else and I feel you but coming into this thread just lament over what you could have gotten is not productive. Make another thread or use an existing one.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
If it's got any sort of budget they'll pretty much have to localize it just to help cover costs. They've gotten used to small margin localizations with the Yakuza series, I genuinely think there's a chance we'll get it.

Not a great chance mind you, but a chance.

Oct 25, 2017
If it's got any sort of budget they'll pretty much have to localize it just to help cover costs. They've gotten used to small margin localizations with the Yakuza series, I genuinely think there's a chance we'll get it.

Pretty much every Japanese game of even vague interest gets localized these days.

Except for Phantasy Star Online 2.

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

They've got good chance to succeed in the west.
Fire Emblem is very popular now, and Sakura Taisen is more or less also SRPG with some waifu element :/
I think the success of FE influence why they decided to revive Sakura Taisen.

Fubuki

Jan 1, 2018
Yes, shame I have never had chance to play the previous version. Now get me a new shining force srpg as well!

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Ps4/Switch and pc in the west later would be my guess. Don't see it not coming over

ranmafan

Oct 27, 2017
This and Shenmue 1+2 all anounced in one morning, this is a day of dreams for video games for me! One of my favorite series is back! I knew that poll sega did last year would bring results for Sakura Taisen! So happy!

SephLuis

Oct 25, 2017
This and Shenmue 1+2 all anounced in one morning, this is a day of dreams for video games for me! One of my favorite series is back! I knew that poll sega did last year would bring results for Sakura Taisen! So happy!

I'm also very happy about Sakura Wars coming back.

Now, for the next poll, vote Skies of Arcadia

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably get it if it's localized... but I do hope they go for a better twist than split personalities next time...

Graciaus

Oct 27, 2017
You know I was going to mention this in the thread today about franchises coming back. I only played the game that was localized on the ps2 and I really liked it. I look forward to this.