Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
I would say 100% on ps4
Very likely on switch aswell
Probably a pc release some time later if not right away with the western release.

If it is a game building upon VC gameplay and possibly story wise.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, I definitely think it'll be on PS4 too (multiplat unless one of the console makers pays for exclusivity, basically)

This is assuming/hoping it's a legit SRPG Valkyria sequel attempt, obviously. If it's something else, who knows, who cares, burn it all down

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I hope you're right, but again with that Shining Resonance remaster skipping Switch, Sega don't seem very committed to Switch support outside of Sonic Team's output (literally nothing not based on a ST IP is Switch-bound from Sega).

Sega's only Switch support so far has been:

- Puyo Puyo Tetris (by Sonic Team and O-TWO)
- Sonic Mania (by Christian Whitehead/Head Cannon/Pagoda Games/Tantalus (Switch version) with supervision from Sonic Team)
- Sonic Forces (by Sonic Team)
- Phantasy Star Online 2: Cloud (by Sonic Team)

Nagoshi popped up during the Switch presentation but has shown nothing from himself there or since.
A little game called SMTV too :P

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway...

Who wants to take bets on if the character from VC1's stinger is among these silhouettes?

chroeser

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Anyway...

Who wants to take bets on if the character from VC1's stinger is among these silhouettes?

That would certainly be something ...

Since VC1's release I always wished for a Sequel starring
Isara the child
, I mean 15 or so years in the future we could literally have a cold war, a ragnite(nuclear)bomb and a new region outside gallia

Last edited:

KimonoNoNo

Oct 26, 2017
I going with same time period as VC1 just different region of maybe Scandanvian or Russian.

The kid characters I hope are just story NPC's like maybe squad adopted war orphens or some such.

chroeser

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I going with same time period as VC1 just different region of maybe Scandanvian or Russian.

The kid characters I hope are just story NPC's like maybe squad adopted war orphens or some such.

Of course this is also possible. I'm unsure whether I would prefer that over the (near) future. Maybe I'm still a little disappointed because of VC2's contuniuation of the canon. But a (hopefully) new faraway location should provide an interesting story nonetheless.

kickz

Nov 3, 2017

Now that I think about it, a modern day Tokyo setting would be very interesting for this.

I haven't played VC3 so I don't know if it has been done.

chroeser

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Now that I think about it, a modern day Tokyo setting would be very interesting for this.

I haven't played VC3 so I don't know if it has been done.

Although I obviously dont know how that would turn out, I'm against it. So few games take stage in europe (even though fantasy), it would be a shame. And a little bit of the essence of the Valkyria Chronicles games would be lost. I like the first one especially because it's setting (fantasy WWI/WWII europe).

But could you explain how you would do the battlefield aspect in a modern day setting (if we believe this could be a entry in the "Senjou no Valkyria" (jap. name for VC lit. Valkyria of the battlefield) canon and not some spinnoff)?

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
Why are people crying about child characters? Does nobody know who Isara Gunther is?

Isara is pretty far from being a child though. For nearly the entire game she is a very mature teenager.

Unless you would like to make the case right now for the equivalence of Lymle from Star Ocean 4 and Isara Gunther from VC1, then I am all ears for that. :)

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
Although I obviously dont know how that would turn out, I'm against it. So few games take stage in europe (even though fantasy), it would be a shame. And a little bit of the essence of the Valkyria Chronicles games would be lost. I like the first one especially because it's setting (fantasy WWI/WWII europe).

But could you explain how you would do the battlefield aspect in a modern day setting (if we believe this could be a entry in the "Senjou no Valkyria" (jap. name for VC lit. Valkyria of the battlefield) canon and not some spinnoff)?

It could be a future story line set in modern day in an era of Peace when a local dictator finds the power of a Valkyria(its been awhile, but I think this is what you call blue power girl) and sets on destruction of Tokyo.

Battlefield maps would be in modern streets, next to convenience stores, airports, schools, etc.
With modern weaponry, like drones, turrets, etc

KimonoNoNo

Oct 26, 2017
Isara was 16 in VC1 which is closer to adult than a child.

As an aside surprised Alica was 21 according to her bio thought she was younger.

Last edited:

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck no, that wouldn't make a lick of sense unless Japan somehow became a war torn country. It would also encourage laziness on the part of the creative staff and encourage the non-game dev producers to stick more of the negative anime tropes in the game.
Military tech basically peaked just after WWII and we've been using the same stuff (mechanically, not in terms of caliber or design), with just some extra stuff added on, like drone recon, IR lasing, and the like. Just say that we're reaching peak ragnite and that Artificial Valkyria aren't cost effective, plus real Valkyria are rare, and you can do basically the same games with modern gear.
Why are people crying about child characters? Does nobody know who Isara Gunther is?
Welkin's adopted sister (who's at worst a few years younger, going off my memory) or the kid Welkin has with Alicia? Because Welkin and Alicia's kid wasn't sent into a war zone.

OP
OP
Nightengale

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
The presence of a child in any war story is contextual anyway.

If the kid is a soldier/militia/full time member of your army or war party, it's rarely a good thing. Some war stories do portray the presence of children among soldiers better than others, but it's more often than not a stretch for a story to justify keeping a kid in active company of a frontline army.

If the kid is story-affiliated, but rather something along the lines of just a major NPC from a major townhub, relative of character, etc, that is presumably better.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aliasse is 13 i posted her in the page before in spoiler tags
Aliasse.jpg

Dont search on Google If you haven't played valkyria 2

chroeser

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
It could be a future story line set in modern day in an era of Peace when a local dictator finds the power of a Valkyria(its been awhile, but I think this is what you call blue power girl) and sets on destruction of Tokyo.

Battlefield maps would be in modern streets, next to convenience stores, airports, schools, etc.
With modern weaponry, like drones, turrets, etc

Military tech basically peaked just after WWII and we've been using the same stuff (mechanically, not in terms of caliber or design), with just some extra stuff added on, like drone recon, IR lasing, and the like. Just say that we're reaching peak ragnite and that Artificial Valkyria aren't cost effective, plus real Valkyria are rare, and you can do basically the same games with modern gear.

I see, that are some very interesting thoughts. Now I kinda want that also (Spinnoff maybe SEGA). I like the idea, that arteficial Valkyria are not cost effective. I work in the german federal finance administration, so that rings true when I think of our shell of an armee and the premise of cost effective work.

This made my day. ;)

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I hope you're right, but again with that Shining Resonance remaster skipping Switch, Sega don't seem very committed to Switch support outside of Sonic Team's output (literally nothing not based on a ST IP is Switch-bound from Sega).

Sega's only Switch support so far has been:

- Puyo Puyo Tetris (by Sonic Team and O-TWO)
- Sonic Mania (by Christian Whitehead/Head Cannon/Pagoda Games/Tantalus (Switch version) with supervision from Sonic Team)
- Sonic Forces (by Sonic Team)
- Phantasy Star Online 2: Cloud (by Sonic Team)

Nagoshi popped up during the Switch presentation but has shown nothing from himself there or since.
PSO2 isn't Sonic Team, it's a different Sega division now. Basically for Switch so far it's:

Sega CS2
•Puyo Puyo Tetris
•Sonic Mania
•Sonic Forces

Sega Online
•Phantasy Star Online 2 Cloud

Atlus
•Shin Megami Tensei V

For other Sega divisions CS1 is likely doing something for Switch given Nagoshi's presence at the January Switch press event. I sort of doubt it's Yakuza (unless RGG Studio ports their shiny new PS4 engine) but Monkey Ball or something else totally new wouldn't be unlikely.

The division that I'm really wondering about though is CS3. They're responsible for things like Valkyria, 7th Dragon, Shining, Project Diva, Dengeki Bunko, Hero Bank, Virtual On, Tembo and Sega's retro efforts with M2. I expect we'll see some sort if Sega Ages or Archives line on Switch from M2 eventually but beyond that it wouldn't surprise me if Valkyria made the jump too. The last one was multiplatform already and adding Switch makes some sense both domestically and globally.

As far as CS2 goes, more Puyo Puyo, Sonic and probably Olympics games are definitely on the plate. Sega Online might try more conversions from PC/mobile or even something original like they did with Initial D on 3DS. Atlus will obviously start bringing a bunch of stuff after SMTV leads the way.

Support from the AM teams is probably unlikely but it is worth noting that AM2 produced the Project Mirai games inhouse while not touching the PS based Project Diva series except the PSN Future Tone conversion. Other then that AM1 and AM2 haven't bothered with consumer games at all in years though and I wouldn't expect any change for Switch.

Nagoshi leads all of Sega Japan's output. while we saw nothing from Yakuza, we have seen games from him by way of him overseeing those projects
Nagoshi wouldn't have been there if it wasn't for something from CS1. It'd be like bringing out Miyamoto to announce some Metroid, Fire Emblem and Kirby games.

Last edited:

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what the update tonight will be - possibly a background change or teaser video? They're running out of width to add characters, IMO.

Turtleboats

Nov 13, 2017
Yeah the only reason I hate children in any video game is that they are just super annoying most of the time.

If Isara was a "child" I guess she was the exception because I liked her personality. To me it seems like shes much shorter than Isara some I am thinking probably <10.

I wonder what the update tonight will be - possibly a background change or teaser video? They're running out of width to add characters, IMO.

Maybe they fill in the silhouettes. Did they do that for any of the previous teasers, or did they just reveal all at once?

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ah yes, most likely the cheerful loli type character who refers to one of the male characters as "oni-chan".

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
So, three of the silhouettes - 1 from yesterday and both of today's - seem to be wearing torn-up overworn jackets/shawls that scream "wastelander".

Anyone have some Expert Hottakes on that?

Abriael

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Milano - Italy
So, three of the silhouettes - 1 from yesterday and both of today's - seem to be wearing torn-up overworn jackets/shawls that scream "wastelander".

Yeah, that's the state of my heart.

This must be the most painful, drawn-out reveal in history. Just give me Valkyria Chronicles 4 Sega. Don't screw this up.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, kind of an outlandish guess, but maybe the characters are split between villains and heroes in the middle?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017

The princess looking female character and the characters in torn up clothes her bodyguards are part of the same group who fled the country when the princess turned out to be a valkyrur and the country wanted to turn her into their weapon.

Abriael

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Milano - Italy
I really hope the far left is our female villain. No unnecessarily giant breasts + cape/coat = good shit. Would finally be a worthy follow up to Selvaria, IMO.

Looking at the position, that thing protruding from the left of her chest definitely looks like giant breasts.

Not complaining, mind you. That being said, the body style of the characters definitely reminds me of Raita's style, so giant breasts are a given.

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the position, that thing protruding from the left of her chest definitely looks like giant breasts.

Not complaining, mind you. That being said, the body style of the characters definitely reminds me of Raita's style, so giant breasts are a given.

Thing is, they're not Brunhilde big, they're just, regular big, which is what Selvaria was in-game. If this is Raita, it's the same held-back Raita from VC1. (Assuming all prior assumptions prove true.)

This is a very good thing.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017

I was going to unfortunately say the same thing. It could be what we think are her shoulders, are her breasts. Pls no Valkyria Revolution valkyur-tier level disaster of a character.

Shengar

Oct 26, 2017
It is shame that Selvaria was more popular due to her big breasts rather than her overwhelming charisma. She was like Camilla in that regard, only more unfortunate because somehow they make her physical traits into VC tradition instead of her character.

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It is shame that Selvaria was more popular due to her big breasts rather than her overwhelming charisma. She was like Camilla in that regard, only more unfortunate because somehow they make her physical traits into VC tradition instead of her character.

I sometimes feel like I'm the only one who has always preferred Selvaria: The Character, to Selvaria: The Breasts.

She had a very strong charisma and a
sad story.
Her chest was only really marketed that way outside of the game later on, and I feel like it does her an incredible disservice.

Here's hoping that with the robe/cloak and everything, this one - assuming it is our Female Villain - can more surely live up to Selvaria's legacy.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
I liked her design and character and was sad when she never switched sides and even sadder when you found out about her backstory

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Probably even more important than the size of their not-even-sure-if-they're-even-her-breasts, is the fact that the figure isn't wearing high heels or overtly feminized. If - just going by their build - they're the female villain, I think it's a step in the right direction.

OP
OP
Nightengale

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Probably even more important than the size of their not-even-sure-if-they're-even-her-breasts, is the fact that the figure isn't wearing high heels or overtly feminized. If - just going by their build - they're the female villain, I think it's a step in the right direction.

Blurry silhouettes that are so small aren't really a good measure to see if there's high heels or not.

Lydia in VC3 wasn't overly sexualised but she still wore heels

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
I sometimes feel like I'm the only one who has always preferred Selvaria: The Character, to Selvaria: The Breasts.

She had a very strong charisma and a
sad story.
Her chest was only really marketed that way outside of the game later on, and I feel like it does her an incredible disservice.

Here's hoping that with the robe/cloak and everything, this one - assuming it is our Female Villain - can more surely live up to Selvaria's legacy.
I feel like the reason Selvaria is remembered more for her design is because her backstory isn't in the game proper. It's a DLC that most people probably only encountered in the PC port or the PS4 remaster, while Selvaria in the game itself is kinda this awkward "I'm insecure about my femininity and devoted to this massive asshole for no reason" character.

Vigamox

Nov 13, 2017
I'm hoping this turns out to be a prequel to VC1 so we can learn more about the Darcsen Calamity and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.