• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I am well aware of these things, but my point still holds with reality too. Look at Death Stranding on the Decima engine as a current graphically impressive PlayStation exclusive, does anyone doubt for a second that the PC port will boast the most impressive version next summer hands down?

I'm also in the confused camp, what point are you trying to make? That games will look better on more capable hardware? That's obvious.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
I am well aware of these things, but my point still holds with reality too. Look at Death Stranding on the Decima engine as a current graphically impressive PlayStation exclusive, does anyone doubt for a second that the PC port will boast the most impressive version next summer hands down?
There is a huge difference between turning the existing graphic settings to 11 on a game designed around 5 GB of GDDR5 of a base PS3 -

AND making a game with a baseline with nearly double the RAM, an order magnitude better CPU, and a GPU with features that will probably outdo some top level cards today.

This is false equivalence by you.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I keep hoping we'll get another Killzone with the art direction of the second game, if not a full remake that would allow GG (or whoever) to show what the PS5 is capable of early on, with RT shadows, and destruction that's far more extensive than what you see in the gif below.
2962399-kk2s.gif

giphy.gif
GG has graudated to the big leagues. forget fancy rt effects and destruction, they are going to give us avatar quality graphics.

B8V2Ym.gif

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they'll give us flying too like in that gif.
there is a behind the scenes youtube video that was linked here earlier this year that showed aloy flying on a storm bird. it looked kinda rough around the edges but it was definitely in their plans for horizon zero dawn. flying is pretty much in thanks to the ssd and a better graphics card.

from what i understand, they also had coop in the game in the prototype stage, but again because they couldnt get the graphics to look next gen enough they cut the coop elements. the flying clip i saw looked pretty good for a current gen game but it was clear that massive downgrades had to be made to get flying to work. i suspect we get both flying and some kind of coop, bet it npcs helping you like in the concept art or online focused.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
there is a behind the scenes youtube video that was linked here earlier this year that showed aloy flying on a storm bird. it looked kinda rough around the edges but it was definitely in their plans for horizon zero dawn. flying is pretty much in thanks to the ssd and a better graphics card.

from what i understand, they also had coop in the game in the prototype stage, but again because they couldnt get the graphics to look next gen enough they cut the coop elements. the flying clip i saw looked pretty good for a current gen game but it was clear that massive downgrades had to be made to get flying to work. i suspect we get both flying and some kind of coop, bet it npcs helping you like in the concept art or online focused.

Wait for real? That's awesome. I know about the co-op thing from a BTS video and I remember seeing a artwork with a npc riding what looked like a glinthawk, but I never saw that footage.

It would be so cool if they showcase that when they reveal Horizon 2 🤤

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait for real? That's awesome. I know about the co-op thing from a BTS video and I remember seeing a artwork with a npc riding what looked like a glinthawk, but I never saw that footage.

It would be so cool if they showcase that when they reveal Horizon 2 🤤
it was an unlisted youtube video. i couldnt like or favorite it think. i wish i wouldve bookmarked it. maybe someone else can find and post it.

Feb 23, 2019
I keep hoping we'll get another Killzone with the art direction of the second game, if not a full remake that would allow GG (or whoever) to show what the PS5 is capable of early on, with RT shadows, and destruction that's far more extensive than what you see in the gif below.
2962399-kk2s.gif

giphy.gif

I kind of hope they give us a new MP focused AAA game that doesn't have a single player. Show off the insane visuals and give us some deep gameplay systems and progression. Would be amazing for a launch title.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of hope they give us a new MP focused AAA game that doesn't have a single player. Show off the insane visuals and give us some deep gameplay systems and progression. Would be amazing for a launch title.
naughty dog made it seem like tlou multiplayer was split off into its own spinoff. i wouldnt be surprised if its a multiplayer gaas title for launch.

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
I totally forget how the timing of new console announcements has happened in past generations. What would be the realistic time frames and/or events that we'll see a PS5 reveal?

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
You're buying Lockhart at launch?

Nope I'm on a 4K 65" KS8000 since the PS4 pro launched. I just simply don't subscribe to the theory that it will gimp the generation. Mind you Lockhart is still a theory as nothing has been announced yet.

What I do have is a Bachelor's in Marketing and an understanding of of potential case use for the console. It would absolutely have a market.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Yeah - we got a cool 2 minute intro. In think it did a great job showing off the new art direction. Can't wait to see gameplay this year!

The lighting was spectacular. So as an engine showcase, it was much better than the previous year.

I just think it was a missed opportunity to get folks more hyped about the next big Halo. Anyway, they've got one full E3 yet, so I'm sure they'll blow folk's socks off in 2020.

Dantero

Jan 23, 2018
Isn't Sony gonna use azure for streaming ? So if it's probably lockhart blades in azure datacenters, doesn't that level the play field? So basically ps5 games have to run on a Lockhart. I know it's a lot of if's, but i just can see them using power consuming 10 tf+ blades at the start. There are so many factors next gen it seems. Exiting times.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Isn't Sony gonna use azure for streaming ? So if it's probably lockhart blades in azure datacenters, doesn't that level the play field? So basically ps5 games have to run on a Lockhart. I know it's a lot of if's, but i just can see them using power consuming 10 tf+ blades at the start. There are so many factors next gen it seems. Exiting times.

No.

Sony will be using Azure, not xCloud. xCloud also runs on Azure. We don't 100% know what they'll be doing but it seems most logical that they'll be using blades comprised of PS5 hardware.

Psyrgery

Nov 7, 2017
Really looking forward to see the BC capabilities of next-gen consoles and really curious to check if they will fix games that ran poorly this gen and/or improve performance/resolution on games with dynamic res scaling and a target of 60fps (such as DOOM or Titanfall2)

Oct 25, 2017
Guerrilla has now two narrative directors so i think we could also expect that their second game will have a single player content.

Good. I want a good FPS campaign.

No none of that.

Justsomeguy

Oct 27, 2017
UK
E3 was embarrassing for them, imho. Announce Scarlett and then use an Xbox One game to show it off? Who was that supposed to impress? MS took a massive beating this generation and they still don't seem to get it: exclusives matter.
Didn't Sony use the ps 4 game, spiderman, to talk about ps 5? Do you feel that was similarly embarrassing for them?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Well it's not like they going to tell us the amount even MS has not done that yet but Sony won't even tell us the type.
Also yes this will be the smallest jump in Ram for any gen.

too technically specific. They haven't talked details on much except CPU cores. SSD is just 'custom' with no concrete details on type or transfer rate. Ram amount is likely a full reveal and type may not be deemed relevant at this point of their reveal plans

Red Tapir

May 10, 2019
Nah.
I see the new meta is going 100% in on discrediting Halo. The game looked great.
Chiefly my problem with it was it felt uninteresting.

Graphically, it looked marginally prettier I guess, but it was just a shiny piece of armor.
Not much to get excited about.

Story wise, it relies on the impact of "finally Master Chief is back!", both story-wise and in real life.
Except, when was he ever gone?
He had games pretty consistently, and it's not like the series was ever at risk of cancellation.

What this results in is that the effect is: "here's another Halo".
Which is nice if you're already a fan clearly, but has little impact outside that bubble.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont think the problem with Xbox's E3 was what they show for Scarlett, it's more about the quality of the content vs the hype.

Also their trailers for Gears 5 and Halo Infinite wasn't exactly a spectacle. With Halo Infinite it's at least understandable but Gears 5 though, wew.

Red Tapir

May 10, 2019
When has a lesser product sold more than the flagship model? Has it ever happened?
You could argue it happens with phones, but those are sold to a wider audience with very different demands and all run essentially the same software.

I doubt LockHart is in the same position, as it's less of a budget console and more just "Anaconda but worse"
- Worse RAM, CPU and GPU
- No disc drive
- Worse running ports
Given XBox's market position it's going to struggle.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
There is a huge difference between turning the existing graphic settings to 11 on a game designed around 5 GB of GDDR5 of a base PS3 -

AND making a game with a baseline with nearly double the RAM, an order magnitude better CPU, and a GPU with features that will probably outdo some top level cards today.

This is false equivalence by you.
So the thread is back to baseline mattering? i thought after Lockhart it didn't.
This thread changes it's opinions so much lol.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing the PS5 reveal event will probably be very late March or April. I know everybody thinks February based upon the last time. But consider this is something they obviously would planned ahead for. And consider they were planning to release TLOU2 in February.

It would make no sense at all if they had originally planned to unveil the PS5 within 1-2 weeks of launching maybe their biggest PS4 game ever. Because they would be having review events, previews, probably a review embargo a week or so before launch to drum up more hype and other events. Doing this and the PS5 unveil at the same time is nonsensical when they have plenty of time to do it before of after the launch.

Revealing in Late March-April regardless of whether TLOU2 launched in Feb or May would still give breathing room where all their marketing can still go to either event without overshadowing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.