• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Good morning Era.

Here's your Quote of the day:

"When someone starts wishing for something so intensely...they almost start to believe it."

Makes you really think, doesn't it.
wFgXbn0.png

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
If that's legitimately the performance I should expect for my GTX 1060 then that kills any interest i had in the PC port. Holy shit.
It's not. That tier of card you're never looking at ultra settings. GN has done a video and article should be up soon using a custom HIgh setting bench. Basically anything that could be set to HIGH, with various other setting also explained. From the looks of things, a 1060 6gb should be right around 390x/980 ti performance at 1080p(vulcan, dx12 is much worse apparently)

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
I think with Stadia we will see many games Vulkan compatible and DX11 support will probably stop Vulkan is available on Windows 7 too. RDR2 is probably a precursor. DX12 and Vulkan match better with low level API console development and will make the development on consoles and PC easier to do.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is AegonSnake the last surviving team 14 TF member?

stay strong brother
dozens_of_us_arrested_development.gif

ok, only 4-5 in this thread. i have them all bookmarked lol.

Good morning Era.

Here's your Quote of the day:

"When someone starts wishing for something so intensely...they almost start to believe it."

Makes you really think, doesn't it.
wFgXbn0.png
lol is this directed at me or team 8-9 tflops?

in my defense, navi 21 lite was recently found along with Navi 22 and Navi 23 in a linux driver update.

navi-21.png

amd-navi-22-and-navi-23.png

21 is supposed to be stronger than 22 and 23 and LITE should indicate a console GPU. if 23 is the 6600 part, 22 6700 then 21 lite should be based on 6800. with navi 20 being the rtx 2080 ti killer.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
We have seen this before. Forza Horizon 4 on the 5700xt is on par with 2080.
It was, on release. Nvidia released drivers in august that eliminated just about any lead amd had over nvidia in fh4. The 2070 super is above 5700 xt in fh4 now, AFAIK. There was clearly something wrong if a 5700xt was challenging the 2080ti.

Jun 18, 2018
So I don't see any reasons to spend time and money to make a free patch of an older game who probably have not much value.

Alternatively, look at how the second hand prices for XBox and X360 titles went up or titles got re-released when they got full BC with updated framerates & resolutions with the XB1 and XBX. Both BC and updates to push higher framerates and resolutions could see older titles generate profit, although it's not guaranteed.

The question for 4K updates would be how much is required to do that work vs how much revenue is it going to generate. And those amounts will vary from title to title. And frankly, neither of us have access to those numbers.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Alternatively, look at how the second hand prices for XBox and X360 titles went up or titles got re-released when they got full BC with updated framerates & resolutions with the XB1 and XBX. Both BC and updates to push higher framerates and resolutions could see older titles generate profit, although it's not guaranteed.

The question for 4K updates would be how much is required to do that work vs how much revenue is it going to generate. And those amounts will vary from title to title. And frankly, neither of us have access to those numbers.
Is that this significant baring RDR ?

Totally agree on the second paragraph.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
I hope at some point in the far future, Kleegamefan is able to post in it's OT or the PS5 OT or something and let us all know "this one, this is the game" - and we next-gen thread regulars do see the post among the thousands of others that day...

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
dozens_of_us_arrested_development.gif

ok, only 4-5 in this thread. i have them all bookmarked lol.

lol is this directed at me or team 8-9 tflops?

in my defense, navi 21 lite was recently found along with Navi 22 and Navi 23 in a linux driver update.

navi-21.png

amd-navi-22-and-navi-23.png

21 is supposed to be stronger than 22 and 23 and LITE should indicate a console GPU. if 23 is the 6600 part, 22 6700 then 21 lite should be based on 6800. with navi 20 being the rtx 2080 ti killer.

I think that Navi 20 is now the Navi 23 "Nvidia killer".

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Playing Witcher 3, and even on X there's plenty of pop in, boy I hate it. Lovely Skellige landscape and I just see bushes, trees etc popping up right before my eyes. Takes me out of it. Save us next gen? I really hope so.

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
yeah, if the 5700xt is on par with 2070 then the 5800xt should be on par with 2080. if we are getting a cut down version of the 5800xt then we should be right around 2080 performance. if the 2.0 ghz oberon rumors are true, we should be on par if not better than the 2080. maybe even 2080 super performance levels.

i think MS is at 2080 performance levels while Sony is 2080 super. 12 vs 14 tflops.

Bro, I paid 750 for my 2080 Super. No way that is going into a PS5.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Bro, I paid 750 for my 2080 Super. No way that is going into a PS5.
question isnt how much you paid for a 2080 super, but how much did it cost NVidia to make the 2080 Super you are using right now.
the consoles could possibly be sold at a loss with low margin production, those NVidia GPUs are made with large margins so NVidia profits a lot of each card, while sony/MS profits from games and services.
And with Zen 2 AMD proved that they can make half price products that perform on par with Intel's best, and those Ryzen chips are probably still sold at a large margin.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope at some point in the far future, Kleegamefan is able to post in it's OT or the PS5 OT or something and let us all know "this one, this is the game" - and we next-gen thread regulars do see the post among the thousands of others that day...
that might burn his source.

I think that Navi 20 is now the Navi 23 "Nvidia killer".

the funny thing is that the 7nm Ampere cards will likely blow away whatever AMD releases next year. we might see 2080ti performance in their 3080 cards for the $699 priced gpu. AMD will need a 20 tflops Navi GPU to beat that and i dont see how AMD get close to that with their 6800 series. 60 CU at 2ghz is 15 tflops. Navi 20 might be the 80 CU part at 20 tflops but the 3080ti will likely be even more powerful. Maybe they price it at $999 and let nvidia launch at $1,200 again.

6700- $400-$450
6800 - $600-$650
6900 - $1000

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I @ him about the Square Enix new IP and he didn't said anything, which is commonly known as a "yes".
Joke aside, someone said Klee already state it was a California studio.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I @ him about the Square Enix new IP and he didn't said anything, which is commonly known as a "yes".

He confirmed it was not a Japanese game anyway. His didn't tarvel to Japan to see his friend there and his friend is not Japanese. :p

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
question isnt how much you paid for a 2080 super, but how much did it cost NVidia to make the 2080 Super you are using right now.
the consoles could possibly be sold at a loss with low margin production, those NVidia GPUs are made with large margins so NVidia profits a lot of each card, while sony/MS profits from games and services.
And with Zen 2 AMD proved that they can make half price products that perform on par with Intel's best, and those Ryzen chips are probably still sold at a large margin.

And they are even sold with more profit than AMD GPU because they have no concurrence on PC

Edit: After I think the console will be 10 -11 TFlops not more.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
He confirmed it was not a Japanese game anyway. His didn't tarvel to Japan to see his friend there and his friend is not Japanese. :p
Quote : Square Enix says that it is "aiming to realize a 'next-generation action game experience' that goes beyond the framework of existing action games, with an international team of creators from all over the world."

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Quote : Square Enix says that it is "aiming to realize a 'next-generation action game experience' that goes beyond the framework of existing action games, with an international team of creators from all over the world."

S-E have branches allover the world true but now it seems they didn't dicth their own Luminous Engine and on the contrary, they are upgrading it to the extent of using path tracing even. The game Kleegamefan is talking about is a UE4 game.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
based on the studio being in california, the most likely studio IMO to fit all the main points of the game is Hangar 13, but i did find only 2 mentions of UE4 in their job positngs, nothing conclusively pointing to it being the engine in use.

huggyhomer

Dec 14, 2018
based on the studio being in california, the most likely studio IMO to fit all the main points of the game is Hangar 13, but i did find only 2 mentions of UE4 in their job positngs, nothing conclusively pointing to it being the engine in use.
I don't think we should really try to burn Klee's source. No one should want to be responsible for someone losing their job because we want info on next gen stuff.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
the next gen consoles with their SSDs should be a massive improvement simply because games will be developed with their speeds in mind. At the moment, you can install ssds in your consoles and pcs and they might brute force better loading times due to speed, but games are not developed with them in mind. Next gen, devs have them as a baseline and can take the full speed into account.

Yes, and the same will be true of the Zen 2 CPUs and whatever the GPUs are beyond the base 2013 consoles: 1.31 TF and 1.84 TF with GCN1.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
the next gen consoles with their SSDs should be a massive improvement simply because games will be developed with their speeds in mind. At the moment, you can install ssds in your consoles and pcs and they might brute force better loading times due to speed, but games are not developed with them in mind. Next gen, devs have them as a baseline and can take the full speed into account.

Yes, and the same will be true of the Zen 2 CPUs and whatever the GPUs are beyond the base 2013 consoles: 1.31 TF and 1.84 TF with GCN1.

No wonder what Kleegamefan was talking about was the biggest open world game he saw to date with all those intricate details loaded in seamless ways. Everey component in next-gen harwdare whether GPU or CPU or SSD are the reason why such types of games may be possible if developed with such hardware in mind.
This game will require a mandatory SSD on PC, even more than Star Citizen since maybe with this one SSD will be obligatory. Mark my words.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
i am still curious if we gonna get a proper hint and leak or a screen from a real next-gen game (not cross-gen obviously) this year. I am sure by now some are already in a very advanced stage and playable.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
No wonder what Kleegamefan was talking about was the biggest open world game he saw to date with all those intricate details loaded in seamless ways. Everey component in next-gen harwdare whether GPU or CPU or SSD are the reason why such types of games may be possible if developed with such hardware in mind.
This game will require a mandatory SSD on PC, even more than Star Citizen since maybe with this one SSD will be obligatory. Mark my words.

Next-gen console games are going to be amazing,

the funny thing is that the 7nm Ampere cards will likely blow away whatever AMD releases next year. we might see 2080ti performance in their 3080 cards for the $699 priced gpu.

I'd like to think the Ampere-based 3080 will handily beat the Turing-based 2080 Ti, while the 3080 Ti will easily surpass the current and out-of-reach (price wise) Turing-based RTX Titan.

3070 cards should beat 2080.

Nvidia Ampere GPUs will not only be on 7nm, but almost definitely 7nm+ EUV.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Next-gen console games are going to be amazing,

I'd like to think the Ampere-based 3080 will handily beat the Turing-based 2080 Ti, while the 3080 Ti will easily surpass the current and out-of-reach (price wise) Turing-based RTX Titan.

3070 cards should beat 2080.

Nvidia Ampere GPUs will not only be on 7nm, but almost definitely 7nm+ EUV.

All what you said is a given imo.

Last edited:

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
S-E have branches allover the world true but now it seems they didn't dicth their own Luminous Engine and on the contrary, they are upgrading it to the extent of using path tracing even. The game Kleegamefan is talking about is a UE4 game.
It wouldn't be the first time a studio for one of their game don't used their own engine. It is especially true when this is not the same gameplay style.
(Klee still haven't debunk it while already reacted to others post :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.