• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berserker976

Oct 27, 2017
so what's the rumored specs for PS5 now? Not even double digits for TF and overheating issues?
I hope to god Sony uses a better cooling solution I am sick of jet engines.
Is there one person with like a dozen alt accounts posting this? I swear we get this post almost verbatim every couple of pages.

Where are you getting "not even double digits and overheating issues" from? I'm genuinely curious, because it's clearly not from anything in the comprehensive OP

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
ELsp-YBW4AI4NNE

lmao
🤣💀

War Eagle

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Do you guys think last night's unexpected reveal will affect Sony's time line for their own full unveiling of PS5?

M4xim1l1ano

Oct 29, 2017
Santiago, Stockholm, Vienna
In regards to RDNA vs RDNA 2 comments. Didn't Phil say this:

Powered by our custom-designed processor leveraging the latest Zen 2 and next generation RDNA architecture from our partners at AMD, Xbox Series X will deliver hardware accelerated ray tracing and a new level of performance never before seen in a console. Additionally, our patented Variable Rate Shading (VRS) technology will allow developers to get even more out of the Xbox Series X GPU and our next-generation SSD will virtually eliminate load times and bring players into their gaming worlds faster than ever before.

English is not my native language but could this mean that they are using RDNA1 (because it is next gen in terms of console tech) or does he mean RDNA2 because we have RDNA1 tech out now with the latest AMD GPUS so XSX will use"next gen" of this tech.

For me, Phil means RDNA2, this is my interpretation.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017

English is not my native language but could this mean that they are using RDNA1 (because it is next gen in terms of console tech) or does he mean RDNA2 because we have RDNA1 tech out now with the latest AMD GPUS so XSX will use"next gen" of this tech.

I think most of the features from RDNA2 are going to be in but it's going to be based on 7nm instead of 7nm+ on both consoles.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Do you guys think last night's unexpected reveal will affect Sony's time line for their own full unveiling of PS5?
No.

Consider if PS5 is actually stronger, it would be worse for MS to unveil their box after Sony, so doing it before is better for them. For Sony this changes nothing.

sncvsrtoip

Banned
Apr 18, 2019
Btw how stupid is name of nextbox ? xbox one was quite stupid but calling after xbox one x nextgen console xbox series x is even more funny ;d

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Sony has simply said RDNA where as MS has been sure to mention next gen rdna. its possible MS is using rdna 2.0 i guess.

wouldnt explain why sony is more powerful though or why sony wouldnt be using rdna 2.0 as well.

Sunlight

Apr 22, 2019

Official site says "next generation RDNA", how could it be RDNA1?

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Sony has simply said RDNA where as MS has been sure to mention next gen rdna. its possible MS is using rdna 2.0 i guess.

wouldnt explain why sony is more powerful though or why sony wouldnt be using rdna 2.0 as well.
Can you link me to the specific mention of RDNA by Sony plz? Couldn't find it.

danrbg

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
www.sie.com

次世代コンソールゲーム機 「プレイステーション 5」に名称決定 2020年年末商戦期に発売

ソニー・インタラクティブエンタテインメント(SIE)は、次世代コンソールゲーム機の名称を「プレイステーション 5」(PS5)に決定し、2020年の年末商戦期に発売することをお知らせいたします。

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
posted here earlier today i think.

just click google translate when loading the page.

www.sie.com

ソニー・インタラクティブエンタテインメント(SIE)は、次世代コンソールゲーム機の名称を「プレイステーション 5」(PS5)に決定し、2020年の年末商戦期に発売することをお知らせいたします。

MrDeveus

Apr 26, 2019
OsirisBlack in the other site

https://www./threads/next-gen-ps5-n...-leaks-thread.1480978/page-327#post-256211932

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
www.sie.com

Oh the press release. Makes sense. I wouldn't assume one way or the other, but guessing they're both using the same RDNA GPU's but with different customizations.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
OsirisBlack in the other site

How's this guy track record?

Anyway, for those who don't want to go there:

Seeing as that bit of information is out and cleared up only need to wait two months for the next pieces to fall into place. Also the design of the SX is actually for function, it does kind of remind me of a bigger external HD. Both machines are very powerful with the PS5 having a slight (not significant at all) advantage. There is no need for a console war as stated before BOTH machines will be amazing.

Anyway, about the RNDA thing, I think it's pretty clear that neither is using OG RDNA1 as both consoles will have HW raytracing.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Folks, just use the ignore feature.

Believe me, it really helps.

Ignore what? It was a serious post.....I swear I saw something in the speculation thread of the PS5 dev kit having heat issues.

that's why I asked the question. Fucking christ

also who the hell has an alt account with nearly 7k posts.....get real folks

Aug 26, 2019
More than specs, MS came swinging with a look at next-gen graphics. I had incredibly lofty expectations and that Hellblade trailer crushed them. That's what Sony needs to answer to IMHO

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I'm fairly sure a slight edge going one way or the other will be mostly irrelevant.

100%

These 2 consoles are going to be the closest that "2 main" consoles have ever been.

Whether the Series X has the slight edge or the PS5 does won't make a lick of difference this time around purely because of how small the difference will be.

Both of them will have almost the same parts in them lol

Firmus_Anguis

AVALANCHE
Oct 30, 2017
I'm so damn excited about next-gen!!
The rumored 12 tflops for SX are crazy good! It's what I've hoped for!

And with the PS5 either being at least 10.2 and at most 13.8 tflops (according to Matt), it'll be a crazy jump! I totally believe Hellblade's visuals are what we'll continue to see.

With Klee's estimates we have 11.16 or 12.84 tflops for PS5. Exciting times ahead!!

Expy

Oct 26, 2017

And with the PS5 either being at least 10.2 and at most 13.8 tflops (according to Matt), it'll be a crazy jump! I totally believe Hellblade's visuals are what we'll continue to see.

With Klee's estimates we have 11.16 or 12.84 tflops for PS5. Exciting times ahead!!
If you're taking Klee into account then it won't be under.

Oct 25, 2017
100%

These 2 consoles are going to be the closest that "2 main" consoles have ever been.

Whether the Series X has the slight edge or the PS5 does won't make a lick of difference this time around purely because of how small the difference will be.

Both of them will have almost the same parts in them lol
True.

I'm sure there will be the initial hooting and hollering over who was right and who was wrong, and folk being surprised one "gave away" the power advantage to the other. It shouldn't last all that long though. The focus will steer toward games and services.

I agree, a 10.7 or 12.7, are both beasts. and you wont be able to tell.
That isn't slight, Statham........

Where did Matt say that?

Status
Not open for further replies.