• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Definitely.

The only problem is that they announced all the cool new features at the PS4 reveal and never implemented them. Stream while you download, etc.

I reckon they'll go with a stream games you own if you have a plus account and continue to add games to PSNow.

Yeah, any number of possible things to announce at that point...

- Planned expansion to more countries and devices
- Planned expansion of the library
- What to expect out of PS5 hardware being added to the service
- Changes to how the service itself functions

I do wish we knew how the Now move to Azure was going, or how the MOU between Sony and MS was going.

Dec 10, 2019
Textured triggers are now standard. Thank god.
sel9oqm73c441.jpg

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
OP is great as always. But not trying to diminish his work but why is Star Citizen even here? When the game finally comes, it will be obliterated by most next-gen games released graphically so I don't see how this is representative of next-gen tbh. It's mostly a game lost in limbo between current-gen and next-gen or more likely a PC game with no generation.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
OP is great as always. But not trying to diminish his work but why is Star Citizen even here? When the game finally comes, it will be obliterated by most next-gen games released graphically so I don't see how this is representative of next-gen tbh. It's mostly a game lost in limbo between current-gen and next-gen or more likely a PC game with no generation.

It's currently the best example of what designing around a powerful CPU and an SSD can lead to.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
What do you think? Possible on PS5?

What is possible on PS5:

- That Spider-Man trailer but with less accurate reflections on distant buildings

- This GOW trailer but with less advanced snow particles and some effects (only for cutscenes maybe)

- This Death Stranding trailer but with less advanced water:

Last edited:

Dimajjio

Oct 13, 2019
I always thought that would be possible with an SSD. It's just like suspending multiple machines in VMware.

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
Wow! Helluv an OT!

12tf and a black box that's fatter than anything we've seen.

Hell ya!! Bring us the news Sony!

14tf and HBM!! Bring out the crazy bitches!

Nov 20, 2019
What is possible on PS5:

- That Spider-Man trailer but with less accurate refecltions on distant buildings

- This GOW trailer but with elss advanced snow particles and some effects (only for cutscenes maybe)

- This Death Stranding trailer but with less advanced water:

yep i agree people just cant see it. They think PS4 fidelity is the peak lol

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean even a 12tf+ nvidia gpu and a 9900k can struggle with 4k60 especially with rt effects. Like we already do have a pretty good sense of what we'll see.

yes Sony and ms first party studios will show is some crazy shit but it's not gonna be like leagues better than what's already in the pc space.

Kreten

Banned
Nov 16, 2019
I mean even a 12tf+ nvidia gpu and a 9900k can struggle with 4k60 especially with rt effects. Like we already do have a pretty good sense of what we'll see.
We don't know if these consoles/AMD solution alleviated the bottlenecks that causes RTX series of cards to struggle with it.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We don't know if these consoles/AMD solution alleviated the bottlenecks that causes RTX series of cards to struggle with it.

I mean I hope so. What I'm saying isn't a bad thing though. Current high end pc equivalent specs is great and achieves amazing results. And yeah we haven't even really seen Sony or MS develop anything with RT. It's all been 3rd party stuff and a lot of stuff not really even AAA.

It's gonna be good.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
$499 and I'd happily pay that for either console considering how powerful they are (I'm presuming with the PS5 I know).

Very intrigued to see who announces price and launch date first...

i think you can pretty safely assume fall 2020. I don't see what kind of launch games would really even be ready this spring or summer. Given the tech in these boxes I just can't see $399 for either unless someone is willing to lose north of $100 per box.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
if you add up the number of times klee said he would leave then came back, multiply by 0.8 and round down you can find the ps5 flops.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
i think you can pretty safely assume fall 2020. I don't see what kind of launch games would really even be ready this spring or summer. Given the tech in these boxes I just can't see $399 for either unless someone is willing to lose north of $100 per box.

Right, I mean we're thinking both in November right?

Could see the PS5 launching in October...well, more a hopeful wish lol.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

yes Sony and ms first party studios will show is some crazy shit but it's not gonna be like leagues better than what's already in the pc space.

It will be a big jump compare to now other in a lot things but maybe RT.

xolsec

Feb 18, 2018
Hypothetically speaking, for $1,500 how much powerful would a 2020 PC be compared to the Xbox/PS5?

No need for smartass comments, it's just for fun

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Series S launches same time as Series X. Book it.

i actually think that would be a mistake. You split your production lines and most people will buy the cheaper model just like you see with the x and pro. If you wait a year you can probably move 10mil or so series x vs 10mil combined or so with more people wanting the $299 box. I think they wait it out a bit. If x is moving really well I could see them just scrap the s model entirely.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I got laughed at by folks in this thread for saying next-gen graphics could look like this all the way back in April 2018.
yep i agree people just cant see it. They think PS4 fidelity is the peak lol

You can see how real her gum and teeth are now? I can't imagine such details getting better even on PS10 tbh. We reached a point where some aspects can't be improved anymore
Also those damn real time wrinkles under her eyes and on her nose when she is doing that grimace.

Open in full tab:

image_senua_s_saga_hellblade_ii-41439-4396_0001.jpg

EsqBob

Nov 7, 2017
"Guys, looks like someone managed to sneak into Phil Spencer's home and snap a live picture of the new console!"
JBCYYDe.jpg

From ToTTenTranz in Beyond3D forums, don't know if anyone posted this here already

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.