Votes: 74 27.1%
  • David Carr

Votes: 97 35.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Ray Lewis claims OBJ has "removed god from his life". Ray Lewis has actually removed two human beings from their lives.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

How will defensive lineman cover an all wide receiver offense?
ceqSpHg.jpg

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
I like to tell myself that Rodgers wouldn't have become Godgers without the three seasons to learn and overhaul his mechanics and that we didn't actually pass on one the best QBs this generation. Is he really the same player if he's thrown in immediately on a shit team and goes through 5 or 6 different systems/OCs in as many seasons .
I tell myself the same thing. Honestly hard to believe he'd be the same player, but I guess it's hard to know for sure. Although given I don't think Mike McCarthy is doing him many favors these days, maybe I should rethink that position.

Still, look at Alex now and the last few years vs 2005-2010 Alex Smith. Completely different player.

Fox318

Oct 25, 2017
Thank You Browns

Jets guaranteed will not draft the QB bust.

Honestly if the Jets drafted 1 I know we would but Hue has us covered

Doom

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
So Jets fans, we're pretty much all in on Josh Rosen, right? (I mean the fans, not the team, though I hope they are.)

Not sure why this matters when it's currently 90-man rosters. Might as well throw everything against the wall and see what sticks.
Yep. Even if we had the #1 pick. I'd take him over every other player in the draft. The more I watch and hear about him the more I'm convinced he's the future superstar in this draft. He has every single trait anybody could possibly expect out a QB.

MechDX

Oct 25, 2017
http://www.espn.com/blog/arizona-ca...ll-have-a-really-big-year-in-2018-with-texans

"I know he's going to make the best of this opportunity," Peterson said. "I tell him all the time, I love to see him with his back against the wall because he always finds a way to prevail and he's going to have a big year.

"He's going to have a really big year."

One reason Peterson believes Mathieu will have a "really big year" in 2018 is because he's healthy during an offseason -- a rarity throughout Mathieu's career. He finished his four seasons either on injured reserve or with some type of ailment that needed healing, recovery and rehabilitation. However, aside from the normal wear and tear of the season, Mathieu finished the 2017 season strong.

"It's the second season not having an opportunity to not go through any operations," Peterson said. "Just completely work out and focus on his body. Last year, he was kind of figuring how his body was going to hold up. So, he was kind of second guessing himself in the first half of the season. But once he got going, he returned back to the Honey Badger, and I can't wait to see what he's going to do out there in Houston because they have a lot of great pieces out there to help him flourish."

Revamped secondary with Matheiu and Colvin
Merc and Watt returning with Clowney
Rac taking back over the defense
OB installing new offense tailored to Watson
SuaFilo gone from the O line

Me right now:
Vtp71SX.gif

Joei

Feb 3, 2018
I highly doubt the Giants told the Jets they're not trading that second pick because they want to take a running back. I would be absolutely stunned if the Giants don't take a QB. They're not refusing a lot of new young talent for a DE or RB.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Man for all the hate Josh Allen is getting, watch him turn out to be the best out of this group.
He definitely has the most potential out of all the QBs in this class
I like him more than most (not more than Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield) and think he has the potential to be special if he sits for 1 or 2 years. Unfortunately, I don't think that luxury will be afforded to him

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Man for all the hate Josh Allen is getting, watch him turn out to be the best out of this group.

Could happen. I thought Roethlisberger wasn't going to be anything special coming out of a small school. Big guy, giant arm.

Looking back at that 2004 QB class. Man, what a special class that was. Four QB's taken in the first round. Three are likely headed for the hall of fame.

Fox318

Oct 25, 2017
Hackenberg 2.0

He's a tall QB tha these GMs would want to date their daughters and win over interviews

Rosen, Jackson, and Mayfield all make these tight ass GMs nervous if their daughter is around. If Allen is there at 3 the Jets will take him and the organization will be run out of town.

When Josh Allen is out of the league in 3 years and Lamar Jackson is leading the FIsh to the playoffs I want people to be held accountable for propping up an inaccurate bust QB from a shit system.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
If Josh Allen becomes a successful QB, I think that would be the most wrong I've ever been on a prospect

LionPride

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Could happen. I thought Roethlisberger wasn't going to be anything special coming out of a small school. Big guy, giant arm.

Looking back at that 2004 QB class. Man, what a special class that was. Four QB's taken in the first round. Three are likely headed for the hall of fame.
Ben at least tore up his conference and helped beat teams OOC such as Louisville

Josh Allen...did not

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Ben at least tore up his conference and helped beat teams OOC such as Louisville

Josh Allen...did not

Looking into this a bit more.

https://thebiglead.com/2017/12/22/josh-allen-2018-nfl-draft-ben-roethlisberger-wyoming/

Good god Allen's numbers suck.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_GMAC_Bowl
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/boxscores/2003-12-18-louisville.html

Roethlisberger in his final college game, against a big time program with a big time coach.

Yes, I'm arguing against myself. In any sane world, Josh Allen wouldn't be taken in the first round with his stats.

foppy79

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Watch Josh Allen be the most middle of the road qb ever, defying all our expectations of him being a bust or a great. The next Alex Smith. Even has a boring enough name to fit it.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I'm arguing against myself. In any sane world, Josh Allen wouldn't be taken in the first round with his stats.
Congratulations, you've now seen the problem with Josh Allen. If you look at the surface level he looks great. He's got the right size, a cannon for an arm, and it's not his fault he played for a small school. That's why all the analysts love him, and I'm sure Wentz had something to do with him shooting up the draft boards. But once you actually start looking at his tape and stats and putting things into context, he shows that he won't be an NFL QB

Status
Not open for further replies.