• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What QB deserves a second chance?

• Jamarcus Russell

Votes: 46 16.8%
  • Johnny Manziel

Votes: 56 20.5%
  • Josh Freeman

Votes: 74 27.1%
  • David Carr

Votes: 97 35.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Reports say the Eagles were interested in Maclin before eventually signing Mike Wallace.

Says Maclin trains in Philly...depending on how the draft plays out, I can see the Eagles bringing Maclin on board for a very team friendly deal.

Pepiope

Oct 25, 2017
No thanks. Wallace is better than Maclin at this point.

Alshon-Wallace-Aggy.

Then we have Mack. Gibson. I'd rather get a UDFA than bring in Maclin.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Reports say the Eagles were interested in Maclin before eventually signing Mike Wallace.

Says Maclin trains in Philly...depending on how the draft plays out, I can see the Eagles bringing Maclin on board for a very team friendly deal.
He would at best be a WR4. I'd rather give Mack Hollins the chance to develop

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I have no idea who the Patriots are taking in the first round. You can usually get a good idea of what a time is looking for by their visits. They're definitely looking at pass rushers, running backs and wide receivers. From first rounders to mid rounders. Not looking at offensive line outside of one visit with Kolton Miller. They did visit with two of the top safeties, which is very interesting. They didn't talk to any safeties other than Reid and Harrison. So they are definitely on the board for the first two rounds.

If I had to guess Bill's priorities...

Pass rush>Secondary>Cover linebacker>Defensive tackle>Running Back>Wide receiver

He might still take Kolton Miller in the first round. It looks like that's who they've targeted at offensive tackle, if they take one at all. If they don't take a QB in the second round, I don't think they'll take a QB. They will take a WR, but I think it will be on day 2 or 3. They could take a running back in almost any round.

If I had to guess what will happen.

1 Pass rush or outside linebacker
2 Running back
3 Safety
4 Kyle Lauletta

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Lol what the hell makes him think he's making the Hall?
I'm assuming he meant that he wanted to make the Hall and that's what was keeping him playing but he's giving up on it because his body is breaking down

Not that he'd make the hall even if he played for like 5 more years

Doom

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey

I'll bet the numbers are similar historically.

For as much as receivers depend on "raw talent" to be great, they almost always take 3 years to develop. It's also so dependent on their QB and surrounding talent. If the other receivers on their team are too good they won't get the ball. If the other receivers are garbage they'll get hit with the #1 corner every game.

2014 was an anomaly, most classes kinda wind up where we've seen the last few. A few guys from 2015 will randomly break out this year and all of the sudden their class looks great.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Josh Allen will look good in Patriot orange

giphy.gif

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
No thanks. Wallace is better than Maclin at this point.

Alshon-Wallace-Aggy.

Then we have Mack. Gibson. I'd rather get a UDFA than bring in Maclin.

He would at best be a WR4. I'd rather give Mack Hollins the chance to develop

What's with the Maclin hate? If he is out there and if they want him, then who cares? Maclin is better than Hollins obviously, still young, sure hands, great route runner, and great locker room guy.

I mean it is a big IF since they did sign Wallace already but if they come out of the draft empty handed at the WR position or don't like what's out there, why not Maclin? They barely have picks this draft so it wouldn't be shocking if they don't a WR and don't like what they have in Treggs, Gibson, and other camp bodies.

Of course, another team could also offer him a decent contract. I am shocked teams like the Jets or Titans haven't picked him up.

Pepiope

Oct 25, 2017
What's with the Maclin hate? If he is out there and if they want him, then who cares? Maclin is better than Hollins obviously, still young, sure hands, great route runner, and great locker room guy.

I mean it is a big IF since they did sign Wallace already but if they come out of the draft empty handed at the WR position or don't like what's out there, why not Maclin? They barely have picks this draft so it wouldn't be shocking if they don't a WR and don't like what they have in Treggs, Gibson, and other camp bodies.

Of course, another team could also offer him a decent contract. I am shocked teams like the Jets or Titans haven't picked him up.
Is he going to play ST? I don't see a reason to have a 4th WR who isn't going to contribute in other ways, and Hollins is fine as the 4 as is. The Eagles have said ST is a priority next season. That ship has sailed.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017

I could easily turn this around and say why the Mack Hollins hate? He barely saw the field last year, but whenever he was thrown to, good things happened. He's a great blocker, a hard worker, contributes on ST, and he's only in his second year. Why do you want to bury him down the depth chart and hurt his development?

The only reason I can see you wanting Maclin is because he's a former Eagle. He doesn't have much left, there's a reason he's still out on the market. Andy Reid gave up on him after two seasons. The Ravens decided not to bring him back, and they have literally nothing at WR. Those two things should tell you something. He's turning 30, has been hampered by injuries, and he has had declining production for the last two years. If I suggested signing an anonymous receiver with that exact story, it would be considered a waste. Maclin's time as an Eagle was great, but signing him would be pointless

Fox318

Oct 25, 2017
Every other position you can get at value in the lower rounds or thru free agency.

Nearly every other position if traded up for will blow up in your face.

Quikies83

Oct 25, 2017
Mississippi
I could easily turn this around and say why the Mack Hollins hate? He barely saw the field last year, but whenever he was thrown to, good things happened. He's a great blocker, a hard worker, contributes on ST, and he's only in his second year. Why do you want to bury him down the depth chart and hurt his development?

The only reason I can see you wanting Maclin is because he's a former Eagle. He doesn't have much left, there's a reason he's still out on the market. Andy Reid gave up on him after two seasons. The Ravens decided not to bring him back, and they have literally nothing at WR. Those two things should tell you something. He's turning 30, has been hampered by injuries, and he has had declining production for the last two years. If I suggested signing an anonymous receiver with that exact story, it would be considered a waste. Maclin's time as an Eagle was great, but signing him would be pointless
Reid didn't give up on Maclin and even he was surprised by his release.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Um uh

"The reason I came here is because of Andrew Luck, to keep it honest," Ebron said after the Colts' first team meeting of 2018. "It doesn't really matter where I played or where I went, I just wanted a quarterback that I knew could get me the ball and pretty much work with me the way I knew that I needed to be worked with. And I think Andrew Luck was the perfect fit."

Inkblots

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Every other position you can get at value in the lower rounds or thru free agency.

Nearly every other position if traded up for will blow up in your face.
That can be said for any position. If Megatron is on the board, I take Megatron. I don't take JaMarcus Russell just because he's the least shitty looking QB in the draft.

Pepiope

Oct 25, 2017
There are always exceptions to the rule when it comes to trading up and no team is going to miss out on their guy if they believe in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.