• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chase beck

Banned
Jan 3, 2018
I haven't even played video games in like two weeks. If I managed my time wisely I could probably finish Dragon Quest XI but instead I spend all my time browsing Era with textbooks open. College is awesome

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Picked 3D World and Paper Mario because of insiders, but I would have also voted Mario Party and Mario Golf if it let me.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'mma knock over your traaaaaaash
tenor.gif

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Dear Kevin360,

How dare you. Was my light taunting about Metroid 5 too egregious for you to leave unreciprocated? I feel betrayed. You are the reason I now love Metroid, and yet you have the audacity to vote in this poll against every fibre of my being. I am disappointed, dismayed, and saddened. I hope that you reconsider.

Kind regards,
Raccoon, your fellow Direct OP alumnus

ScottAustin

Jan 31, 2020
A port of Super Mario 3D World releasing this year seems the most likely to me. I wouldn't be surprised if 2 or even 3 of the games on that list end up releasing in 2020 though.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
between mario kart 10 and animal crossing sounding like it's fucked, 2020 has preeminently bummed me out man

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
like fr, I partake in this thread because it's fun hanging out but man, the end of ot3 and ot4 have actually made me feel way worse about the switch's prospects

trestres

Feb 11, 2019
AC direct before general direct actually makes sense, since game is coming out before any of the games that might be announced in the direct, confirming no 1st party games for February.

It´s also good as well, because they will not waste 5 - 10 minutes speaking about a game that had just got it's direct aired a week ago ;)

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
maaaan I'm gonna be dragging my feet and whinging about stupid Mario Kart 10 but the minute it's announced I'll be excited for it

but man ffs Nintendoooo do new things, you should have let your talented director make new stuff while 8 covers a second shift

ughhhhhhhhhh

ScottAustin

Jan 31, 2020
What is the general consensus on Challenger Pack 6 being announced in the next Nintendo Direct? Obviously, Nintendo fleshing out their release schedule for 2020 is most important, but a Direct hasn't gone by since Smash was announced without a new character revealed.

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
What is the general consensus on Challenger Pack 6 being announced in the next Nintendo Direct? Obviously, Nintendo fleshing out their release schedule for 2020 is most important, but a Direct hasn't gone by since Smash was announced without a new character revealed.
E3 at the very earliest. They have 2 years essentially for just 6 characters so they are going to milk it

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
based on the timeline of releases I'm not expecting a reveal until E3

and man, we're still talking about smash, too. 2017 felt like such an exciting fresh time and we've been backsliding, and it feels like everything talked about in this thread paints the picture of that backslide accelerating

man this thread is fun but I dunno if I can keep being bummed out about 2020 and beyond before anything's even official lol

I mean another mario kart come the fuck on nintendo

ScottAustin

Jan 31, 2020
E3 at the very earliest. They have 2 years essentially for just 6 characters so they are going to milk it
Sakurai said not to expect to see anything from it for a while so I think e3 at the earliest
I could see a Joker reveal situation in this upcoming Direct, where a character is shown without any actual information or gameplay coming out until months later. Challenger Pack 7 can be revealed at E3, and then Pack 8 at the September Direct. That's 3 for this year, leaving the final 3 for 2021.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
maaaan I'm gonna be dragging my feet and whinging about stupid Mario Kart 10 but the minute it's announced I'll be excited for it

but man ffs Nintendoooo do new things, you should have let your talented director make new stuff while 8 covers a second shift

ughhhhhhhhhh

But ARMS already exists and we haven't gotten a new Mario Kart in six years ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

superbright

Feb 11, 2019
United Kingdom
I could see a Joker reveal situation in this upcoming Direct, where a character is shown without any actual information or gameplay coming out until months later. Challenger Pack 7 can be revealed at E3, and then Pack 8 at the September Direct. That's 3 for this year, leaving the final 3 for 2021.
I doubt it specifically because he said it would be a while before reveal. I'd love to know who's next asap but I doubt he'd have said anything if it was this soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.