Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ViperViking

Jan 15, 2019
man you're out here asking for f-zero and expressing hope about animal crossing

you're my favorite poster of the day

but anyway, until I realized that there isn't a system-wide transfer on Switch I was saying the same. I really, really hope my initial instincts in the other thread prove right
But there is an option to transfer a user and all save data to a new console. So maybe you can't do it individually, but when you transfer the user and all data, that's gotta transfer with it.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
man, what a bummer that they couldn't get Zelda 2 out, although it'll obviously be a better game for it.

2020 isn't gonna be quite the year I expected for the Nintendo Switch, but y'know, I think that's okay. Even when 2020 sucks, we'll have each other, and Animal Crossing. And if Animal Crossing sucks, well, we'll always have our GameStop trade-in credit.

And thus Raccoon completed his character arc, and his Nintendo Direct Speculation Thread Saga was complete. No longer irrationally hot-headed, his newfound perspective allowed him to fully enjoy the community and its discourse. The end.

OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
man, what a bummer that they couldn't get Zelda 2 out, although it'll obviously be a better game for it.

2020 isn't gonna be quite the year I expected for the Nintendo Switch, but y'know, I think that's okay. Even when 2020 sucks, we'll have each other, and Animal Crossing. And if Animal Crossing sucks, well, we'll always have our GameStop trade-in credit.

And thus Raccoon completed his character arc, and his Nintendo Direct Speculation Thread Saga was complete. No longer irrationally hot-headed, his newfound perspective allowed him to fully enjoy the community and its discourse. The end.
i keep thinking you mean the NES game when you say it like that lol

ViperViking

Jan 15, 2019

Even if you really can't transfer save data, I just gotta say, Animal Crossing will still be great. Even just from what we've seen of it so far.

trestres

Feb 11, 2019
At least give us some BotW2 gameplay at E3, Nintendo.
I want to rejoice again, feel happiness running through my veins like it was my first time.

OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
If Metroid 5 and traditional Paper Mario come out this year it's the best year since 2017 automatically even if BotW2 doesn't make it

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Did we get confirmation from someone that it's not coming out this year?
1935.25_PT02_d4a58645-a697-4d15-941c-2ef88cd54a90_1024x1024.jpg

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
I've mentioned this a few times but it's never really been discussed.

With some rumors of Mario Kart 9 on Switch actually happening, and Retro Studios lack of output recently, does anyone think they could have been assisting with that if it exists?

They worked on Mario Kart 7. It would seem weird for Nintendo to give them Metroid after years of nothing but a Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze port and presumably a cancelled project.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
I've mentioned this a few times but it's never really been discussed.

With some rumors of Mario Kart 9 on Switch actually happening, and Retro Studios lack of output recently, does anyone think they could have been assisting with that if it exists?

They worked on Mario Kart 7. It would seem weird for Nintendo to give them Metroid after years of nothing but a Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze port and presumably a cancelled project.
There are no rumors. It's just people on era speculating endlessly.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
There are no rumors. It's just people on era speculating endlessly.
Listen. I care about insiders' rights to partake in the community. But when an insider speculates, the community will take notice, because, unless they've said literally everything they now AND how they know it (which they can't), they have a better picture of the year than the common pleb.

But, it really doesn't matter. I've completed my character arc, and no longer care about such things as "expectations"

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Ah, I thought Zippo alluded to some form of Nintendo racer coming this year. This threads been moving so fast I haven't been able to keep up.
Zippo does believe that Mario Kart could happen this year (don't know why people were freaking out about his vote in the poll though; he talked about it openly before), but it's just his own speculation, not based around insider information.

S*bi is the one who teased a Nintendo racer, because they piggybacked off Zippo talking about Mario Kart, lol.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
May I ask what makes GameCube the best?
it's just got that vibe, man, you dig?
The localization team did a fantastic job. Bill Trinen, Rich Amtower, and Nate Bihldorf among others created a completely unique tone for the American version of the game. I think it was Amtower who decided that Resetti had to have sort of a Bronx inflection, for instance (although I think if might have been a fourth guy I'm forgetting). The dialogue is more lively and fun, the events are more interesting and charming, the game is full of personality, and it hasn't been topped. I played City Folk first, at age 10 or 11, then Wild World, and didn't play GC until I was 14 or 15, so this is not nostalgia talking.
Edit: TIM O'LEARY I APOLOGIZE

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Zippo does believe that Mario Kart could happen this year (don't know why people were freaking out about his vote in the poll though; he talked about it fairly openly before), but it's just his own speculation, not based around insider information.

S*bi is the one who teased a Nintendo racer, because they piggybacked off Zippo talking about Mario Kart, lol.

Mario Kart 9?!

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I think we started hyping waaay too early, and it's partially my fault back in OT3. We crossed the hype-antihype lack-of-digital-event horizon too soon

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
btw if I ever meet Bill Trinen I'm going to personally thank Bill Trinen for basically bringing Chibi-Robo to the west alone, and doing a fantastic job

OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I think we started hyping waaay too early, and it's partially my fault back in OT3. We crossed the hype-antihype lack-of-digital-event horizon too soon
It's not your fault, it was the game awards for giving absolutely nothing from a first party standpoint. That's why it started way earlier this year.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD

In the end, people just need to learn how to hype responsibly.

Also, if you're like me, and believe that certain things are going to happen, anyway, it's just a matter of chilling out and exercising a bit of patience~!

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah. Maybe next year we should go in expecting a February direct from the outset. It would save us an entire month of dissapointment.

Hell. General directs in the last couple of years followed a February-June-September schedule, with game specific or mini directs in the other months. We simply assumed that there would be directs in January in the first place because of the switch presentation back in 2017, but that was a special ocassion and not part of the norm.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
In the end, people just need to learn how to hype responsibly.

Also, if you're like me, and believe that certain things are going to happen, anyway, it's just a matter of chilling out and exercising a bit of patience~!
don't worry I completed my character arc just a couple dozen posts ago, I'm gucci

natedrake saying that he hopes we never get a general direct ever again just because we suck so much was the highlight of these threads tbh

Vyse

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anything less than BotW2, Mario Odyssey 2 and Metroid V released by June will make this the worst year in Nintendo history.

Status
Not open for further replies.