Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
So this might be jumping ahead a bit, but what do we think the holiday title will be for 2021? Pokemon, Mario, or maybe even MP4?

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
So this might be jumping ahead a bit, but what do we think the holiday title will be for 2021? Pokemon, Mario, or maybe even MP4?

A set of Diamond & Pearl remakes seem pretty likely to me.

2021 is the 25th anniversary year of Pokémon, so that'll probably be a whole thing.

Not to say that MP4 or a Mario game couldn't also be releasing then, of course.

dkcfan

Banned
Jan 21, 2020
The September direct was horrible. Opening with an old 3r party game. And close with a remake from an jprg. It was not good. Last year only the February direct was good. E3 was besides Banjo and breath of the wild 2 bad. And the VGA performance. That was also horrible

Clov

Oct 25, 2017

Holiday 2021? Probably the expanded remake of BS Tantei Club, or a reimagined Mach Rider.

Though I could also see a lesser title, like say, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl remakes, taking that position, if the above were not yet ready.

MintyDragons

Feb 11, 2019
I wonder how ambitious the new Paper Mario will be. I hope they don't use going back to basics as an excuse to make a half assed game. I know we don't even know they're real yet but a good PM alone would make 2020 for me

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
A set of Diamond & Pearl remakes seem pretty likely to me.

2021 is the 25th anniversary year of Pokémon, so that'll probably be a whole thing.

Not to say that MP4 or a Mario game couldn't also be releasing then, of course.
Holy shit 2016 was the 20th anniversary of Pokemon?...It doesn't feel that long ago

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
I feel like they could do some combo of Paper Mario, 3DW Deluxe, and SMP2 for the holidays. Individually none of those games are as big as smash, but I think it's fine to do that for one year.

I mean do we really expect Nintendo to have Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon for the holidays EVERY year for the next 3-4 years (until switch 2)?

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Zippo does believe that Mario Kart could happen this year (don't know why people were freaking out about his vote in the poll though; he talked about it openly before), but it's just his own speculation, not based around insider information.

S*bi is the one who teased a Nintendo racer, because they piggybacked off Zippo talking about Mario Kart, lol.
Got it, thanks. I definitely think it would either be this holiday or next spring if we do see one. Either way it'll be interesting to see what the development team is working on.

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
I feel like a new Mario Kart would've been leaked by now though right? I mean that's a huge game that would've been in development for the past 3 years.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
I feel like they could do some combo of Paper Mario, 3DW Deluxe, and SMP2 for the holidays. Individually none of those games are as big as smash, but I think it's fine to do that for one year.

I mean do we really expect Nintendo to have Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon for the holidays EVERY year for the next 3-4 years (until switch 2)?

They always do a holiday remake/port. So I'm already expecting that, but not as their big marquee holiday title. This year especially with all the big hitters releasing they'll need something like a new Mario or BotW 2. They want a reason for parents to buy their kids a Switch over a Ps5/ Series X for the holidays.

Oct 25, 2017

Only way that makes sense if they are cutting the switch price to $249.99

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
The Sep 19 direct was the first one I wasn't hungry for in a long time. We already had the games confirmed for that year, so I was kind of like "huh, a direct? cool".

I'm hungry for this Direct too, but I'm big chillin with my massive backlog so it's not even like it was in 2018 really.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Very selectively, it seems.

Those same insiders said that this year is gonna be good and that the second half of the year will have plenty of new content. It seems that people are taking their descriptions of the port-heavy first half of the year and applying it to the entire year.

I mean this is really the issue with how some people here treat information from insiders. Nothing short of revealing the entire lineup is going to alleviate their fears. If only a portion of the games is leaked, there will always be someone freaking out about how empty the year looks based on a partial list. It is what it is but I don't blame people for not wanting to share information in here anymore because it's bound to get twisted somehow.

Nikachu

Jan 14, 2018
The September direct was horrible. Opening with an old 3r party game. And close with a remake from an jprg. It was not good. Last year only the February direct was good. E3 was besides Banjo and breath of the wild 2 bad. And the VGA performance. That was also horrible

E3 2019 was solid... I'll agree that September direct was bad

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
That's valid, just seeing so many say they were bad makes me scratch my head.

Sure were. A ton of great games announced.

Yeah, it's honestly bizarre. In one Direct you get two Famicom Detective Club remakes announced, a date for Animal Crossing, Deadly Premonition 2, Obra Dinn, a remaster of Xenoblade, and Terry, an SNK character, in Smash! All around, a fantastic Direct full of surprises.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, it's honestly bizarre. In one Direct you get two Famicom Detective Club remakes announced, a date for Animal Crossing, Deadly Premonition 2, Obra Dinn, a remaster of Xenoblade, and Terry, an SNK character, in Smash! All around, a fantastic Direct full of surprises.

To be fair, FDC 1+2 are yet to be announced for the West. I'm not willing to give that one to Nintendo yet.

I found the E3 and September Direct ok. Botw2, No More Heroes 3 and Deadly Premonition 2 were the standout moments for me.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
So wait does Nate know about two directs in February like zippo? I'm confused since he said we'd likely hit OT7 before seeing one.

Status
Not open for further replies.