• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Nintendo is considering pulling out of of pax now. They could announce the lineup 6 days out, but if it got to friday and nothing, it might happen. I wonder if they would also consider e3 if the virus is still a thing then.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
After being a part of this madhouse since the days of intermittently lurking NX speculation threads, I've come to the conclusion that I wouldn't share any insider info if I had any.

Being an insider, you have every single word you say turned into a headline by what amounts to videogame tabloids, you have people who are itching to declare you a liar and drag you through the mud the moment you miss and then the actual companies you're leaking from will aggro and sick their lawyers on you after they've had enough.

Bringing excitement to the community and fostering discussion might be good enough reasons for others, but personally I wouldn't wanna live that life.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Didn't we get a random retailer leak for Xenoblade on May 29th? I thought something like that happened a month ago.

eZipsis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Damn, Nintendo Soup really pissed off Emily. I can't blame her, it must be really frustrating to have every single thing you say made into an article for revenue.

REPORT: Emily Rogers sneezes, possible hint for ChuChu Rocket revival?! Read out full report

That's the level this kind of shit goes. I wouldn't want to be part of that either, everything you say or do is taken as a hint at something by people trying to get internet fame or ad revenue. Then when they story they made up by twisting your words doesn't come to pass people blame you for it when you had nothing to do with it in the first place.

It's really sad.

BanjoJiggy

Jun 18, 2019
I can't wait to see what Nintendo has at PAX. Wouldn't be surprised if it's almost completely dedicated to Animal Crossing though.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That would be great too! Are there any strong rumors of a Nindies Direct next week?
There's rumors of two directs in February and if I was to bet on it, I'd say they would do a Nindies Direct for PAX like they've always done. I know people will say "but Zippo said a general direct," but that still doesn't make me think they won't highlight indies before PAX.

mk_68

Banned
Feb 3, 2020
nk4dRFz.png
Good for her.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
The AC direct is almost as long as some regular directs are. This could be Nintendo's winter/spring direct. Guess we'll find out by the end of next month

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
REPORT: Emily Rogers sneezes, possible hint for ChuChu Rocket revival?! Read out full report

That's the level this kind of shit goes. I wouldn't want to be part of that either, everything you say or do is taken as a hint at something by people trying to get internet fame or ad revenue. Then when they story they made up by twisting your words doesn't come to pass people blame you for it when you had nothing to do with it in the first place.

It's really sad.

This is what happens sadly when only a hand full of people are reporting or leaking anything from their own sources. The problem with games writing is that everyone wants to do it, yet very few people actually want to report from their own sources, or attempt to gain sources. So they lurk threads like this for anything that they can shit out a paragraph on and hope it gets ad revenue so they can continue to pretend that they are journalists.

i feel like if reporters like jason schreier didnt exist, the Rest of the games pundants would be out of the job because no one is chasing down their own stories, they are waiting for bread crumbs from jason schreier and other leakers.

Last edited:

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is what happens sadly when only a hand full of people are reporting or leaking anything from their own sources. The problem with games writing is that everyone wants to do it, yet very few people actually want to report from their own sources, or attempt to gain sources. So they lurk threads like this for anything that they can shit out a paragraph on and hope it gets ad revenue so they can continue to pretend that they are journalists.

i feel like if reporters like jason schreier didnt exist, the Rest of the games pundants would be out of the job because no one is chasing down their own stories, they are waiting for bread crumbs from jason schreier and other leakers.

Even without considering the investigative journalism side the whole business behind most game blogs, youtube channels, etc is to quickly hit on all the news stories without anything indepth. That even extends to stuff like podcasts from the big sites which tend to be very fluffy.

It would be nice to get more reasoned, in depth takes of news items but the danger would be that your site would be behind all the other owns that constantly post updates.

OP
OP
Skittzo

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
God I've been so busy these past couple days, anything noteworthy I've missed since the AC Direct was announced? Not counting Nintendo cracking down on leaks and Nintendosoup being lame?

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
Journalism, not only in gaming, has got worse year by year. Sources and investigations are completely gone, I guess that's the price for "free" content.
Leakers at least bring excitement, though I disagree with the sanctification: a leaker mostly seeks attention and, sometimes, is willing to damage brands/companies/people for that.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Former Official Nintendo Magazine UK writer Chris Scullion tweeted his feelings regarding another Direct before March earlier:

Saying he has been wrong before is kind of an easy way to get out of it. I don't see anyway that they have a direct right when pax is going on day 1. It makes no sense at all. Those games wouldn't even be at pax, yet they would be marketing the upcoming games like AC and mystery dungeon? Plus all the media people there wouldn't even be watching or covering the direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.