• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lbs.

Oct 30, 2017
Is anyone else still waiting for their bonus gold coins from prepurchasing Smash on the eshop? Anyone know who I would contact, like just general Nintendo support on Twitter?

Website says: "The extra points will be granted to your account by 14/12/2018."

Edit: so that's the 14th of December or 12/14/2018 :)

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
It seems they only offer Web Chat or Call Phone. Nothing about send e-mails.

We need a Product Purchased Serial Number to talk with them. Where we get that number if we have bought digitally?
did you read the link or actually read the FAQ for the DLC? The game hasn't been out for 10 days.

screenshot_2018-12-09usff0.png

screenshot_2018-12-09akf3z.png

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it only counts once the game became available, otherwise all prepurchases would have had to have gotten theirs instantly.
Many people were getting piranha code before my prepurchase. Anyways, I'll wait 1 week more before to burn Nintendo HQ.
Got my codes in 2 days when I pre-ordered on Nov 13th, I'd contact Nintendo, waiting as long as you already have seems strange.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Many people were getting piranha code before my prepurchase. Anyways, I'll wait 1 week more before to burn Nintendo HQ.
then I would recommend just doing webchat once the 10 days post-release are up (to be safe and avoid the "please wait 10 days" default response you'll probably get), even better than emails imo.

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
then I would recommend just doing webchat once the 10 days post-release are up (to be safe and avoid the "please wait 10 days" default response you'll probably get), even better than emails imo.

It seems they only offer Web Chat or Call Phone. Nothing about send e-mails.

We need a Product Purchased Serial Number to talk with them. Where we get that number if we have bought digitally?

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
You can write whatever you need in the "Product Purchased Serial Number" field, text included. I think its designed for console serial numbers originally.

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, I just found the Piranha code. It was on the Promotions tab of Gmail. It was sent the November 20th. :P

Ramsiege

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Considering getting Xenoblade 2, but didn't care much for X. Also not a fan of the overly anime asthetics, but want to play a meaty game on my switch. Should I pass?

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Considering getting Xenoblade 2, but didn't care much for X. Also not a fan of the overly anime asthetics, but want to play a meaty game on my switch. Should I pass?
It's the meatiest thing on Switch (arguably)... Did you enjoy the first XBC? I would say if you enjoyed that, you will probably enjoy XBC2!

I LOVED it, I'm not a super anime guy. But I also loved XBC1, X and Xenogears. This fit right in line with all of those.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017

It is anime as fuck. So prepare yourself for that if you do.

It's a flawed but good game and it's about 60-80 hours to pass through.

I liked it.

If you want something meaty, you could consider MHGU.

Ramsiege

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's the meatiest thing on Switch (arguably)... Did you enjoy the first XBC? I would say if you enjoyed that, you will probably enjoy XBC2!

I LOVED it, I'm not a super anime guy. But I also loved XBC1, X and Xenogears. This fit right in line with all of those.

Liked the first one alright, but didn't get too far because it was SD and didn't look good on my TV.

It is anime as fuck. So prepare yourself for that if you do.

It's a flawed but good game and it's about 60-80 hours to pass through.

I liked it.

If you want something meaty, you could consider MHGU.

The anime scares me, but I liked the gameplay of the last two.

I tried the demo for MHGU and it didn't do much for me.

Thanks for the replies!

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Liked the first one alright, but didn't get too far because it was SD and didn't look good on my TV.

The anime scares me, but I liked the gameplay of the last two.

I tried the demo for MHGU and it didn't do much for me.

Thanks for the replies!

MH demos normally suck.

Once you get into the gameplay loop it's addictive as hell.

Mr_Bubbles

Jan 28, 2018
did you read the link or actually read the FAQ for the DLC? The game hasn't been out for 10 days.
Thanks for the suggestions here, but as mentioned this is a Nov 6th digital eShop preorder, so things should go automatic. And again, no e-mail contact seems to be possible. And no it's not in the promotions tab, in case anyone asks :p The only thing that could be different, is that I temporarily switched regions to US in order to purchase.

I'll just try the webchat thingy in a few hours, thanks.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the suggestions here, but as mentioned this is a Nov 6th digital eShop preorder, so things should go automatic. And again, no e-mail contact seems to be possible. And no it's not in the promotions tab, in case anyone asks :p The only thing that could be different, is that I temporarily switched regions to US in order to purchase.

I'll just try the webchat thingy in a few hours, thanks.

FWIW, I got my code in the receipt for the Smash purchase.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any eShop price comparison sites that track price history and past sales for titles, similar to StoreParser / PSPrices / IsThereAnyDeal? I've found a few comparison sites but would like to see if/when a game was last on sale and for how much, if there are any sites with that functionality.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
I bought Smash, Diablo and Aszu last night. Plus I grabbed another Starlink ship for £12 off Amazon.

Also noted that there is no way of getting Mason's ship separately outside of buying the PS4/XB1 physical game.

Hutchie

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any eShop price comparison sites that track price history and past sales for titles, similar to StoreParser / PSPrices / IsThereAnyDeal? I've found a few comparison sites but would like to see if/when a game was last on sale and for how much, if there are any sites with that functionality.

PsPrices has a tab for switch games. i was checking to see if Okami ever went on sale in the UK before i cracked and paid full price for it

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Man I really hate that when the eshop says a sale will end on a certain day, they mean the morning of that day and not midnight.

Mr_Bubbles

Jan 28, 2018
I got mine I think a week after pre-purchasing, via a separate mail.
Yeah, that's what i keep hearing as well.
The email the code comes in is similar to the Splatoon 2 bonus gear ones that were given for buying a NSO subscription.
I received that one, so the proces itself seems to work to my account. However, for that purchase I switched to SA instead of the US, but still got the code. I finally received an answer from my local EU branch after 2 weeks btw, they asked me to wait it out till the end of the week, or otherwise provide my Switch's serial no if it doesn't come. No problem.