Does Switch need folders?

• Yes

Votes: 177 35.0%
  • JackNicholsonYes.gif

Votes: 127 25.1%
  • Yes... And themes, don't forget the new themes.

Votes: 212 42.0%
  • I like to live in the chaos.

Votes: 95 18.8%
  • Folder 2: The Dark UI

Votes: 59 11.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
So, with Yesterday Origins at 50% off ($14.99) I'll probably bite. I know it might go even lower at some point, but every game has a sweet spot as far as I am concerned (some are at their sweet spot for me without a sale, e.g. Child of Light which I just bought), and this one is just about where I'm comfortable buying it.

Discokuningas

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
So, with Yesterday Origins at 50% off ($14.99) I'll probably bite. I know it might go even lower at some point, but every game has a sweet spot as far as I am concerned (some are at their sweet spot for me without a sale, e.g. Child of Light which I just bought), and this one is just about where I'm comfortable buying it.

50% off? It is only 20% off in Europe. Yeah not gonna buy then.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
F16DFFC.png

October 11 - 21, 2018

LISTED TOURNAMENT NAME: Hot Ham

TABLE: Fish Tales (Free For All!)

PASSWORD: jackpot
(Only need to enter once)

MODE: Classic

EXTRA BALLS: No

LENGTH: 10 Days

ATTEMPTS: Unlimited

PRIZE: Glory

PLATFORMS: Switch, XBOX One, Steam
(Playstation and Mobile excluded due to cross-play limitations. Please stand by for more regarding these platforms)

Tournament is LIVE

WilliamsPinball_FishTales_screenshot_classic_02_logo.jpg

Welcome to the 5th monthly Pinball FX3 tournament for ResetEra! Every month we will run a 1-week tournament that only our community can participate in!

Williams Pinball has arrived in Pinball FX3 with all-new physics and fancy optional graphics and effects! Fish Tales is a classic and challenging table designed by Mark Ritchie. Best of all, it's entirely free!

We'll be doing each of the Williams tables from this pack over the next several months so be sure to save your pennies!

Past Winners:
MAY: Primate Ryan
JUNE: Psykoboy2
JULY: TSSZNews
AUGUST:
NO TOURNAMENT
SEPTEMBER: Barbaresco
OCTOBER: ???

All skill levels welcome! Thank you for participating and remember to just have fun!
Good luck!

Be sure to stay active in the thread so we can maintain visibility and get more participants. Discuss strategies and tips!

For more discussion about the wonders and joys of pinball, both digital and real, please join us in theResetEra Pinball OT

Arturo

Oct 27, 2017
F16DFFC.png

October 11 - 21, 2018

(Playstation and Mobile excluded due to cross-play limitations. Please stand by for more regarding these platforms)

Tournament is LIVE

Welcome to the 5th monthly Pinball FX3 tournament for ResetEra! Every month we will run a 1-week tournament that only our community can participate in!

Williams Pinball has arrived in Pinball FX3 with all-new physics and fancy optional graphics and effects! Fish Tales is a classic and challenging table designed by Mark Ritchie. Best of all, it's entirely free!

We'll be doing each of the Williams tables from this pack over the next several months so be sure to save your pennies!

Past Winners:
AUGUST:
NO TOURNAMENT

All skill levels welcome! Thank you for participating and remember to just have fun!
Good luck!

Be sure to stay active in the thread so we can maintain visibility and get more participants. Discuss strategies and tips!

For more discussion about the wonders and joys of pinball, both digital and real, please join us in theResetEra Pinball OT
Great, thanks! I'm in!

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Finally finished Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Torna the Golden Country (I have few grivences, but I enjoyed it overall) and finally decided to give Armello a shot since I've really been interested in that game for a while now and whoo boy, am I glad I did. I've only played through the prologue so here are some quick impressions

I'm not super well versed in tabletop games. I've played a couple here and there (L5R, Pandemic, etc.) but I'm not someone you'd call an expert or heck, even a novice on the medium but if I were to sum up Armello I'd say it's basically a mix between Civ and a tabletop game with dice rolls (if there is already a game that is exactly that, then use that as an example). The premise is the land is ruled by a king, who is a Lion, but he has been overtaken with a disease known as "The Rot" which corrupts him and caused him grow malicious and slowly go insane.

You play one of four characters (a wolf, rat, rabbit and bear) where you travel the land/game board, do quest, fight, explore dungeons, etc. and the name of the game is to achieve one of the four victory conditions which is either slaying the king, getting a higher rot level than him, having a higher prestige level than all the other players on the board or by collecting 4 macguffins to cleanse the land of said rot. Oh yeah, did I mention it's also a card collecting game?

I've only played the prologue which acts as a tutorial, so I can't speak of how an actual game plays out but man, I was absolutely amazed by all the mechanics at play. The board is grid/tile based like your average 4X game. You can use items and equip weapons and armor on your player character, use spell cards to buff yourself or debuff your opponents and even trickery cards to get political favors. It's insane how much depth this thing has... initially. Like I said before, I've only played the prologue so I don't know how much longevity this game has, but I will say, it made a fantastic first impression.

As for preforamce, it ran flawless in both docked and undocked. The font is a bit small when playing portable, so that's a bummer but it isn't terrible. Oh, it also has touch controls too so you can theoretically play it tablet mode only.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Torna the Golden Country (I have few grivences, but I enjoyed it overall) and finally decided to give Armello a shot since I've really been interested in that game for a while now and whoo boy, am I glad I did. I've only played through the prologue so here are some quick impressions

I'm not super well versed in tabletop games. I've played a couple here and there (L5R, Pandemic, etc.) but I'm not someone you'd call an expert or heck, even a novice on the medium but if I were to sum up Armello I'd say it's basically a mix between Civ and a tabletop game with dice rolls (if there is already a game that is exactly that, then use that as an example). The premise is the land is ruled by a king, who is a Lion, but he has been overtaken with a disease known as "The Rot" which corrupts him and caused him grow malicious and slowly go insane.

You play one of four characters (a wolf, rat, rabbit and bear) where you travel the land/game board, do quest, fight, explore dungeons, etc. and the name of the game is to achieve one of the four victory conditions which is either slaying the king, getting a higher rot level than him, having a higher prestige level than all the other players on the board or by collecting 4 macguffins to cleanse the land of said rot. Oh yeah, did I mention it's also a card collecting game?

I've only played the prologue which acts as a tutorial, so I can't speak of how an actual game plays out but man, I was absolutely amazed by all the mechanics at play. The board is grid/tile based like your average 4X game. You can use items and equip weapons and armor on your player character, use spell cards to buff yourself or debuff your opponents and even trickery cards to get political favors. It's insane how much depth this thing has... initially. Like I said before, I've only played the prologue so I don't know how much longevity this game has, but I will say, it made a fantastic first impression.

As for preforamce, it ran flawless in both docked and undocked. The font is a bit small when playing portable, so that's a bummer but it isn't terrible. Oh, it also has touch controls too so you can theoretically play it tablet mode only.

You've sold me. This will be one of my next purchases. I've been interested in this game for a long time.

Primate Ryan

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played any of the Artifex Mundi games yet, though Enigmatis 2 is on my "To Buy Soon" list, just haven't gotten around to it. So I don't have a point of reference to compare to.

True Fear's demo though (which is the beginning of the game, including cut scenes and everything) is a good representation of the game, only difference being that I didn't really get stuck anywhere at that stage but did several times later on. If you try it, remember to switch to Expert difficulty.

Having a demo is what made the difference for me in getting this game over others - I started playing the demo and realized that I really wanted to continue even before the demo ended (I don't know when it ends). Given the $9.99 price point, I just stopped playing the demo and continued with the game from the exact same point.

The Room is also on my radar :-)

Ok, thanks. Might try the demo. Artifex Mundi games should also be played on the highest difficulty.

that is exactly two weeks from today :)

Haha, I even though to myself: well that's two weeks from now, but I want it now! No idea how that happened.

Putty Pals is very much a 2-player coop game, so no I don't think so.

It is doable and I think I read something on Steam about people playing through it solo, but I agree that it is best enjoyed with somebody else. If you're looking for a solo experience there are way better options.

PhoenixSFT

Oct 25, 2017
Superior, CO

Is it a good single player game?

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Can any UK Switch owners recommend anything in the current offers? Feeling a bit lost looking down the list. Any genre really but I'd like to avoid anything that I could finish in a few hours (unless it has replay value).

I was eyeing up Escapists 2, but from what I've read it's not that great. Haven't played the first either but I don't think that's a huge issue for the game.
How about UnEpic or Ghost 1.0, both very nice Metroidvanias of a somewhat different flavour? I think the discount is 50% for each of them.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
F16DFFC.png

October 11 - 21, 2018

Tournament is LIVE

Past Winners:
AUGUST:
NO TOURNAMENT

Good luck!

I'm a freaking disaster when it comes to pinball, but since the table is free and we're all good friends... downloading it now! ^_^

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Best-selling titles of September in NA

01 (01) - Fortnite
02 (NE) - Undertale
03 (02) - Hollow Knight
04 (08) - Minecraft
05 (NE) - Super Mario Party
06 (04) - Overcooked! 2
07 (NE) - Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD
08 (NE) - Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle

09 (27) - Human: Fall Flat
10 (06) - Rocket League
11 (09) - Stardew Valley
12 (03) - Dead Cells
13 (17) - Into the Breach
14 (14) - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
15 (NE) - Hyper Light Drifter - Special Edition
16 (RE) - The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+
17 (RE) - The Way Remastered
18 (26) - The Messenger
19 (NE) - NBA 2K19
20 (11) - Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
21 (NE) - Surgeon Simulator CPR
22 (NE) - Cities: Skylines

23 (15) - Arcade Archives VS. Super Mario Bros.
24 (RE) - Hollow
25 (07) - Okami HD
26 (NE) - Dragon Ball FighterZ
27 (RE) - Aca NeoGeo Metal Slug
28 (05) - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
29 (25) - Super Mario Odyssey
30 (23) - Mario Tennis Aces

Ack, Stardew @ #11! We should receive the MP update this month, which should send it back within the top 10.

I'm personally regretting purchasing Mario Tennis day one now... rumors hinted that Nintendo was pushing this title towards the competitive arena- new stages, characters, possibly additional Amiibo support. I would have gladly paid for a "Seasons" DLC plan.

I fear, Mario Party will dip down the list quietly too. I'm having fun with it atm; though there are so many logical opportunities for Nintendo to drop DLC for their competitive mainline titles, it's surprising they're not.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Hmmm, this looks interesting... I think I want a game like this. But first, I need to know...

^ ... this.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a freaking disaster when it comes to pinball, but since the table is free and we're all good friends... downloading it now! ^_^
It's a really great table, I've spend dozens of hours on the real life machine and the digital The Pinball Arcade version and the Pinball FX3 version feels a lot closer to the real thing.

I hope everyone gives the table a try. Try to seek out the real one near you at www.pinballmap.com, it's one of the best pinball tables ever, IMO.

Also, EVERYONE is terrible at pinball as beginners. It's got a steep learning curve but it's truly the most satisfying game to get good at. After a lifetime of video games I "discovered" pinball only a few years ago and it's taken over 80% of my game time.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if it's a "good" single player game yet, but there is definitely a campaign. Also, I had a blast learning how to play the game and I was obviously playing alone, so there's that.

Oh, I forgot to mention before but there is also online play. I haven't tried it yet, but it is there. Also, I was a initially a bit bummed out that there isn't local play but after playing through the prologue, it makes sense that there isn't one. It'd be like playing digital Uno while sitting on the couch with the person you're playing against, since, like Uno, you can use your cards to fuck with your opponent and if they have knowledge of what you hold, they can easily counter you.

AerialAir

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Is it just my eyes or does The Swindle run like ass? Tried resetting the console to see if it was one of those games, but it still seems really choppy.

Can compare it to the Vita version when I get home, but just wanted to see if others are seeing the same thing.
Does it really run bad? Sale is about to expire and I'm really on the fence about the game. Is it even possible for an average player to complete it in one run?

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
F16DFFC.png

October 11 - 21, 2018

Tournament is LIVE

Past Winners:
AUGUST:
NO TOURNAMENT

Good luck!

Thanks for this! Will give it a try in a few :)

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Also, EVERYONE is terrible at pinball as beginners. It's got a steep learning curve but it's truly the most satisfying game to get good at. After a lifetime of video games I "discovered" pinball only a few years ago and it's taken over 80% of my game time.

I'm 39 and I've been gaming since I was 4, but I never cared much for pinball. About two months ago, I got Zaccaria Pinball on Switch out of curiosity and the portability and TATE mode finally made pinball click with me. I suck at it, but I'm having a blast!

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Still, if you'd like to try the game, it's free to start on the App Store
that depends on how recent your Apple device is though. I tried to download it on my (apparently, old) iPad mini and it wasn't having any of that. So that's what made me take the plunge and pick up the Switch version and I'm happy I did.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody purchase Stick of Truth? Loved The Fractured But Whole and it ran fine on switch, but think I'll save 15 dollars and get it on PS4

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Last edited:

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Hey any thoughts on:

The Missing
Child of Light
Dungeon Village

Thanks!

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Hey any thoughts on:

The Missing
Child of Light
Dungeon Village

Thanks!
Cant talk about the others but child of light is my favorite ubisoft game. The gameplay is old school rpgs, think 16bit final fantasy. The soundtrack is godly and the art style very unique and beautiful. The game oozes with charm. It's like an epic children's book.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Taiko Drum Game has a Demo on EU eShop.

Forgot the full details as on the way to work now.

Oct 27, 2017
Illinois
I've been playing the hell out of sonic. It has a level select, so convienient, and super stoked for this Zelda SP, since I accidentally (drunkenly) overwrote my save at lvl 9 with every item full heart containers and full wallet. Sigh!

Thanks for the chasm warning, I'll look for reviews. I'm gonna pass on twewy

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Does it really run bad? Sale is about to expire and I'm really on the fence about the game. Is it even possible for an average player to complete it in one run?
If you mean 'can you complete the Swindle without losing a single thief on your first run', then I think that's very unlikely due to the learning process of meeting new enemy types. If you mean 'can you complete it within 100 in-game days in your first campaign' then yes, absolutely. My first campaign had me up against the deadline (although at that point you can also buy extra days at an ever-increasing price too), but I've never failed a campaign, if you're cautious and prioritise getting out whenever you've got a good haul rather than taking silly risks to 100% a stage, you'll have far more money than you need. By my third campaign I was usually finishing in around 50 days.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't seem to be up in the US. Hell, the game's not even listed on the Nintendo website. Guess next week or so.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've never played TWEWY. How is it??

It's a good game but i strongly recommend not playing it on Switch. I think a lot of people want to buy it on Switch because, well, they love their Switch and want any excuse to have new games for it. But Switch is not the right place to play TWEWY.

You can either buy it for mobile for $18 and play it the exact same way it plays in handheld mode on Switch - touchscreen only - or you can buy it for DS/3DS for about the same price (used) and play it how it was originally designed to be played.

Either way you'll save $32 and the additional content in the Switch version is definitely not worth $32.

Im hoping to play on the pro controller.
Sorry bruh

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
Taiko Drum Game has a Demo on EU eShop.

Forgot the full details as on the way to work now.

I gave this a go in tabletop mode and I'm not sure if I was just doing it wrong, but it was consistently messing up inputs. The difference in motion between a red and a blue seems a bit fiddly. Maybe just something I need to get used to. Or it would recognise a note on an upswing. I could try with regular button controls, but that looks like it would take away a lot of the novelty. Might try more later.

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Game of the Day

e5cad4cafbd813b89817c6xeb0.jpg

A game about shapes, and about beats.

"Just Shapes & Beats" is a chaotic co-op musical bullet-hell based on three simple things: avoid Shapes, move to the rad Beats, and die, repeatedly. It's a new spin on SHMUPs, adding a layer of coop that's at the core of the game: 'cause everything is better with friends.

Play alone or with up to four players, local or online, through the game's Story Mode or Challenge Runs.

MUSIC TO YOUR EARS, AND HANDS
You like music? SO. DO. WE. That's why we have 35 hand crafted stages with licensed tracks from over 20 chiptune and EDM artists.

Hits like a ton of brick straight into your eardrums and your eyeballs; BAM

EVERYTHING IS BETTER WITH FRIENDS
Gather up your squad and play up to 4 player co-op, drop-in drop-out, either all on your couch for a house party, or an online party!

Don't have/like your friends? WE GOTCHU MY DUDES, make new or BETTER friends by playing a few quick online challenge runs. Let us pick your new best buds for the next hours; strangers are just friends you haven't met yet.

Kind of a lone wolf, back hurts from carrying people, would rather play with yourself? Do it, the game is just as fun, just a different experience waiting for you; ain't nobody judging here yo.

SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE
We have many different game experiences to offer! Story mode helps you learn the ropes with our intermediate-ish tracks and the optional Casual mode. When you think you're ready, Challenge Runs is where you get to prove yourself: get judged on your skills by playing through randomly picked tracks.

Need some kind of training montage to get better? Rip off your sleeves and practice the tracks you're struggling to master in the Playlist.

PARTYYYYY
Literally the soundtrack for your party! Let the game play in Party Mode and let it light up your social gatherings, + you can even still have people playing this if they like, WE'VE THOUGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING.

So yea, go ahead and throw the most epic party of your life thanks to us, you are welcome.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

$19.99/€16.79/£15.09 - NA web - EU web - Trailer

10/11 - Crossing Souls
10/10 - Wizard of Legend
10/09 - Figment
10/08 - Don't Starve: Nintendo Switch Edition
10/07 - Heroki
10/06 - Detention

Deleted member 40628

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Is it just my eyes or does The Swindle run like ass? Tried resetting the console to see if it was one of those games, but it still seems really choppy.

Can compare it to the Vita version when I get home, but just wanted to see if others are seeing the same thing.

I've bought the game yesterday and played it for just 2 minutes; can confirm, it ran like ass.
But supposedly there was a patch released yesterday (i guess for those issues) that i may have missed.

Can someone confirm how's the game running? I'm at work right now, can't confirm it myself.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I see a few people mention The Missing, but I have to ask again: Any idea when this will come to the EU eShop?

And speaking of coming to the eShop tolkir : You listed DERU with an October release date in your OP, but it will launch on November 7th instead.

I've been following the game since I saw it at Gamescom, I really hope people check it out!

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Played a couple of games in Armello (even won one). I'm still learning the ropes but yeah, I'm going to be playing this for quite some time.