• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4067

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So was that leaked SNES list legit? Think we'll see them announce it in the direct? Hope N64 / GBA / Gamecube not too far off

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Oh hey, the NES Online Update is out. In additon to the two games we knew about, they also added SP versions for Ghosts 'n Goblins and Ninja Gaiden.

I hope those dataminers can give us an update and check if anything has changed.
So was that leaked SNES list legit? Think we'll see them announce it in the direct? Hope N64 / GBA / Gamecube not too far off
The SNES stuff is definitely real, unlike that fake Mario Tennis thing yesterday.

Jubenhimer

Alt Account
Banned
Jan 14, 2019
If Nintendo doesn't announce a Direct for this week, then it might be later in January, or it could be February for some God Forsaken reason. In any case, I can wait. That 4th Labo kit however, I want to see what that's about soon.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
If Nintendo doesn't announce a Direct for this week, then it might be later in January, or it could be February for some God Forsaken reason. In any case, I can wait. That 4th Labo kit however, I want to see what that's about soon.
They had a February direct in 2014, but also had one two months before in december.

Jubenhimer

Alt Account
Banned
Jan 14, 2019
They had a February direct in 2014, but also had one two months before in december.

That made sense as yet another Direct back-to-back within months of eachother could've been exausting. But it's been 4 months since the last main Direct, and if January comes and we get nothing, something is up.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
And that's exactly the reason why a January Direct makes sense. September feels like it was so long ago.
It does, and even moreso since the supposed lineup this year is big. September to February or even more in March would be way too much radio silence. Like there is no reason to do that now unlike back then before social media and stuff.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Hopefully the direct will be announced when I wake up tomorrow. I'm pretty happy with the confirmed first party games so long as they're spread throughout the year, and anything extra will be nice, but I'm actually more excited to see the third party content. It's been getting better but there are devs/series/genres I loved on my 3ds/Vita that I would love to see get more rep on my Switch.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
6 Hours and 24 minutes before the madness starts.

Or not, you know... it's cool either way...

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
At least I have Joy Mech Fight on my Switch to pass the time now. It's a shame I have to use the Famicom app to play it, but whatever.

I never really played the game much, but wow. I'm surprised at how competent it is for a NES fighting game.

Last edited:

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When are we going to see Mario Kart Tour...Come on Nintendo lets get talking about all the new games for 2019.

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
Whelp, I think it's time we start to hear about The Nintendo Switch Gen 8 Pokémon games that are supposedly coming out this year.

I mean, they're teasing the final arc of the Sun and Moon anime in the newest intro, a new 3v3 Pokken championship series is this year, AND not to mention the live-action detective pikachu movie is out this year too.
So why not?

It could be a Pokémon direct, or it might not, but I have a gut feeling about it.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
You know what I just randomly thought?

How the hell has Nintendo not made DLC for Odyssey yet? We got costumes, sure, but man that game needs actual DLC.
Probably like Galaxy 2, when the Mario Team tries to make DLC they have so many ideas that they just straight up create a sequel.

Good. The faster investors and 3rd Party companies realize thst Nintendo is back to Wii Era success, the faster we start getting more games.
While listening to Easy Allies's Friend Code podcast, their mention of a Link's Awakening remake got me thinking: I would love it if a LA remake used a watercolor, drawn, or perhaps pastel art style rather than use ALBW's style. Maybe even something kind of trippy and bizarre would be good. I think it would match well with the game and give us a chance to see a new visual take on 2D Zelda.
I agree wholeheartedly. I think the Skyward Sword look could work excellently with a 2D gamez and it reminds me of the fact that alongside TP, its the only artstyle they haven't reused for the 2D games.

it was yesterday, you missed it
Sarcasm or not, I think someone did drop a hint and nobody noticed it. Tomorrow is the day, I can feel it.

fleante

Oct 28, 2017
A week ago I didn't need a new Direct in my life. I let you all get to me.

I've only myself to blame.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Today is the day my dudes.

dc1b4cd18d.jpg

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Ya'll talking about Wednesday when it's 9:34 PM on Wednesday for me here. It's all about that Thursday reveal and Friday Direct for me.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Alrighty, a new day. So, what's the feeling on an announcement today. Are we being made fun of or is this how King Zell hints a direct for us?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I have a feeling that Nintendo of America might tweet something today.
"A new batch of classic NES titles are now available on the Nintendo Entertainment System - Nintendo Switch Online app! Update your software to enjoy classic titles like Zelda II: The Adventure of Link and Blaster Master

and not Joy Mech Fight, because we suck."

SurTAR

Dec 9, 2018
"A new batch of classic NES titles are now available on the Nintendo Entertainment System - Nintendo Switch Online app! Update your software to enjoy classic titles like Zelda II: The Adventure of Link and Blaster Master

and not Joy Mech Fight, because we suck."

I do actually think that today isn't the day because they havent tweeted about these NES games yet.

Aniki

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Since this seems to be the thread for this... just wanted to state that my thirst for a Direct is reaching unsustainable levels. Thought we might get an announcement in the beginning of the week, but here we are. I just want to see more of Three Houses.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Like someone said we haven't had a Direct since September...it's 4 months already. I can't recall the last time we've gone more than 4 months without a direct (only time may be when Iwata passed away).

The Wargroove devs are a big part saying news is coming very soon. I could see them in a direct or possibly a Nindies Presentation. This would be the earliest Nindies Presentation though.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Since this seems to be the thread for this... just wanted to state that my thirst for a Direct is reaching unsustainable levels. Thought we might get an announcement in the beginning of the week, but here we are. I just want to see more of Three Houses.
If a Direct is happening this week, it was always going to be announced a few hours from now. If it doesn't happen, we'll be waiting another week.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well Damiani said he has no clue what Retro Studios is working on in the latest Nintendo Friend Code podcast. I guess rumors for Retro got nipped in the bud.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Okay, real talk though. What is your dream announcement for the Direct? I'm personally praying for Captain Toad 2. I think the first one was a bit successful as a port, and I think they did the port to see if there is an audience for a new one.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Okay, real talk though. What is your dream announcement for the Direct? I'm personally praying for Captain Toad 2. I think the first one was a bit successful as a port, and I think they did the port to see if there is an audience for a new one.
It would be too soon to announce Captain Toad 2 tho if the port of the first one was made in order to see if there's interest in the franchise. It released only 6 months ago. Game would maybe still be in pre production.

For me it's Kamiya's new game. Whatever it is, I hope it'll get announced at this direct.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is hard. Captain Toad 2 is definitely something I want. I guess I'll go with a new Golden Sun game with Xenoblade money. Meaning it's a full blown 3D game with a big world.

Status
Not open for further replies.