• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Not the original person you're asking, but I put in 140 hours into the game.
Damn that's way more than I thought someone would put into PLA. A big reason why I'm considering playing PLA or Pokemon Brilliant Diamond is cause I'm now on my Pokemon hype train and I just really wanna play Pokemon lmaoo
ResponsibleThornyBasenji-size_restricted.gif

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
It's such a weird consistency because almost any other icon can be chosen or they could switch it up (lol) to hint at upcoming games as well, and yet, we've gotten nothing for it. It's either nothing or it's a long term play of "lets see if they realize this months after" or something. It's now something I can't unnotice or uncheck now though

Damn, that sucks. I've been debating on what games to go back and finish, Pokemon Legends was one of em. How many hours in are you?

I don't even want to know how much time I lost to it. I'm still salty there was no substantial DLC.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I don't even want to know how much time I lost to it. I'm still salty there was no substantial DLC.
You'd think they would've done this by now! A new area or two with some new Pokemon would've been good enough for a DLC and would've made a lot of people happy. I think that, along with the Mario Sports games, is probably my biggest disappointment with Nintendo thus far during the Switch era

dsosarod

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
How is Metro 2033 on the Switch? It is $2.49 and I am thinking of getting it just because of that.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Yeah I know, it just would've been nice to at least see one DLC ready to go for Legends Arceus before Scarlet/Violet is out since that'll likely get all of the attention for a long time

Yeah! I assume COVID had a lot to do with it (scheduling, etc) but like… let me have an extra zone or fly to Johto or something lol.

do we have a Nintendo Discord? Not that I'm any good at Discord. I'm just curious.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Yeah! I assume COVID had a lot to do with it (scheduling, etc) but like… let me have an extra zone or fly to Johto or something lol.

do we have a Nintendo Discord? Not that I'm any good at Discord. I'm just curious.
At the moment, no we don't. I've been wanting to bring it up and propose the idea of making a new official one for this community for a long time but I didn't know how interested people would be in a new Nintendo Discord? For reference: I am down, I can probably work on one, but the question is: is everybody else down or would like one to be made for the community going forward?

Last edited:

dsosarod

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I know, it just would've been nice to at least see one DLC ready to go for Legends Arceus before Scarlet/Violet is out since that'll likely get all of the attention for a long time
In my dream scenario this year in November would've been the date of release of PLA DLC and next year in november Violet and Scarlet, maybe that way we would've more stuff from PLA in S/V.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
So I played a full set of Mario Tennis with a friend tonight on NSO, and I won't even lie, the online ran way smoother than I expected. No FPS drops, no stutters, no input lags etc. I'm stunned at how good it was. This experience has me so excited for when the Mario Party games join the catalogue

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How tf do we still not have Metroid Prime HD announcement? What is going on with that game?

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
So I played a full set of Mario Tennis with a friend tonight on NSO, and I won't even lie, the online ran way smoother than I expected. No FPS drops, no stutters, no input lags etc. I'm stunned at how good it was. This experience has me so excited for when the Mario Party games join the catalogue

I was so scared they'd just never add Mario Party, but the fact they are is fantastic news for me. I've been playing a lot of Superstars whenever I see my little sister, but gonna get her playing the OGs too.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I guess it's still a game that, in their minds, should drop at least a year before MP4...so, bad news for MP4 any time soon lol?
I've always thought that MP4 is probably a cross-gen title for the Switch 2 to be honest (or at least, it's starting to look that way)
Nintendo probably has multiple games completed that they're just sitting on until a release window opens up.
A lot of insiders have said this in the past and I think I've finally begun to genuinely believe that. It just makes too much sense for how Nintendo operates. Throughout the entirety of the Switch's life cycle, we've been asking "where's X, where's Y" etc and time and time again, they keep coming out at some random point in time.
I was so scared they'd just never add Mario Party, but the fact they are is fantastic news for me. I've been playing a lot of Superstars whenever I see my little sister, but gonna get her playing the OGs too.
If the online is anything like my experience last night, I am more than excited for Mario Party dude. I feel like that would be so much fun with friends and could lead to a really active online community

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6592NE94eqI
  • Apologizes for jumping the gun on WW/TP HD ports. Says they ran with it because of Nintendo's pattern of launching at least 1 Zelda game a year and they didn't vet this rumor properly.
  • Still fully convinced that Metroid Prime Remake/Remaster is due for this holiday.
  • Believes that Nintendo will be very difficult to predict because they are looking to launch new hardware in 2023 and that might cause them to hold back on announcements (this is 100% speculation from his part, he claims to have no sources on this and wants no credit if it's true)

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Given how we are now, not even a trailer (though I am waiting, more like hoping, for one on TGA), yes, it seems like that's happening.
I fully expect Nintendo to have another presence at TGA and to be honest I wouldn't be shocked if they reveal MP Remake there lmao

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6592NE94eqI
  • Apologizes for jumping the gun on WW/TP HD ports. Says they ran with it because of Nintendo's pattern of launching at least 1 Zelda game a year and they didn't vet this rumor properly.
  • Still fully convinced that Metroid Prime Remake/Remaster is due for this holiday.
  • Believes that Nintendo will be very difficult to predict because they are looking to launch new hardware in 2023 and that might cause them to hold back on announcements (this is 100% speculation from his part, he claims to have no sources on this and wants no credit if it's true)

A bit more of a detailed breakdown:

- Apologizes for his and Mike Minotti's mistake. He said they jumped the gun heavily on this. He even acknowledges that they never verified their sources like they typically do for everything he leaks or reveals. There was no vetting process on the Wind Waker & Twilight Princess stuff. Him and Mike "misheard" about WW/TP, got caught up in the hype like everyone else, never double checked and confirmed this information which led to this huge mistake.
- As for Metroid Prime Remake, he's checked yet again, he's still under the assumption that it's coming out this holiday. He has no understanding as to why Nintendo didn't reveal it, assuming his sources are right. He's just as confused as everybody else.

His hypothesis/speculation regarding the lack of Metroid Prime Remake: He wouldn't be shocked if Nintendo didn't want to reveal Metroid Prime Remake in the same Direct as Tears of the Kingdom because it'd bring down the mood and lead people to questioning where's Metroid Prime 4. He doesn't blame anyone at all if they were skeptical reading this speculation/hypothesis because it sounds ridiculous. However, we all have to remember, Nintendo is very weird. His core reasoning for this speculation, which again is a guess, is because Nintendo probably wanted BOTW2's title reveal to be a big moment and not have anything bad surrounding that announcement.

His hypothesis/speculation regarding a Switch Pro/Switch 2: He's never had ANY rumors regarding Switch Pro or Switch 2. However, he himself, is speculating that the Switch Pro (if it's a thing AGAIN this is a GUESS) would be 2023. This could explain a lot of Nintendo's weirdness regarding announcing games because this would mean they're probably still trying to figure out what's next, how to approach this next step and how to go about announcing things so some of what they're working on can be alongside a Switch Pro or Switch 2 if it exists.

His biggest lesson learned: There is no one to blame except him. Don't blame Mike. He should've stepped up in the moment and tell Mike they need to confirm this before pushing the story/conversation more. Going forward, Jeff won't ever talk about a leak again without actually double checking and confirming their rumors or information they heard. If something like this happens where stories are made by outlets because of what he's saying, he's going to communicate with authors who makes these stories just so it matches his level of certainty regarding whatever rumors he's talking about.

My take on this: It's fine. I get it. Shit happens and he got caught up in the hype of things. It happens to the best of us, we're all human. It sucks that this became such a massive thing but also, I don't hold leakers to the high standards that a lot of other people do. At the end of the day, I still do believe WW/TP HD exist in some capacity or will eventually happen. As for Metroid Prime, I do think this is real due to Emily Rogers double downing on it (plus the mention of actually seeing screenshots of it). I would like to think Nintendo will announce this sooner rather than later because lets be real, we all want this. I just hope it's not a last minute decision even if that works for them since it's Nintendo after all.

Now, as for the Switch Pro / Switch 2 speculation, I don't know how to feel. On one hand, a Switch Pro has always felt inevitable. On the other hand, I would rather Nintendo just go all in on a Switch 2 and just make a much more powerful Switch that's a full leap instead of a half leap. I wouldn't blame them, though, if they actually do a Switch Pro since so many people own a Switch and would do that upgrade without any hesitation at all. Plus, I was kind of hoping to get a SWOLED this holiday so I guess I'll prolong that decision.

Last edited:

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
The Switch Pro situation is so interesting mainly because of how successful the original console is still selling, I can only assume Nintendo are sitting there waiting for sales to start dropping so they can announce this thing to stir up some interest, but they aren't dropping so, what do they do 🤷

My personal bet is it's coming winter 2023, but we'll see.

As for the whole Grubb situation, I don't care really, and I do find it a bit odd how obsessed people become with his comments/leaks/whatever. Maybe this whole Zelda situation will be a turning point and we won't all believe leakers in the future, but I doubt it.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
The Switch Pro situation is so interesting mainly because of how successful the original console is still selling, I can only assume Nintendo are sitting there waiting for sales to start dropping so they can announce this thing to stir up some interest, but they aren't dropping so, what do they do 🤷

My personal bet is it's coming winter 2023, but we'll see.

As for the whole Grubb situation, I don't care really, and I do find it a bit odd how obsessed people become with his comments/leaks/whatever. Maybe this whole Zelda situation will be a turning point and we won't all believe leakers in the future, but I doubt it.
Again, my mindset is on Winter/Fall Hardware Reveal Showcase if they don't plan to do a Pikmin 4 SWOLED. I fully expect Nintendo to go all out with BOTW2 and that includes a limited edition SWOLED model that'll sell fucking everywhere, lmao. My mindset is early 2024 is the launch of their next console, whether it's a Switch 2 or Switch Pro. That's how I see it.

And man, I don't get the Grubb reaction. It's annoying to watch people act like their lives depend on a simple leak such as WW/TP HD. Era complains all the time about insiders lying or not having a good streak, and here Grubb is apologizing for his one major fuck up and yet, he's getting heavily criticized for the apology lol. Man can't win.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, that sucks. I've been debating on what games to go back and finish, Pokemon Legends was one of em. How many hours in are you?
Only about 15 hours in but feels like a certain gameplay pattern is starting to emerge based on what I've seen and other people have been telling me. The main focus on the game seems to be largely centered around catching and fighting wild pokemon to fill out Pokedex research log objectives which are kind of honestly repetitive, dull and sort of feel unfulfilling. Trainer battles seem very few and far between with the only ones of note so far having one pokemon each that get their brains stomped out by my full six.

I love catching pokemon but having a checklist of stuff to do over and over again just to get the dex entry written out kind of makes me dread filling out the pokedex when thats something I usually love to do. Technical performance is also kind of a problem when some pokemon and "collect these" quest objectives don't seem to pop into this dimensional plane unless you get fairly close so despite the vastness and scale of the maps, Going on top of a big hill and trying to scope out an area and whats in it can feel kind of futile. We need a Switch 2 so bad and when we do get it, pray games like this and SMT V get updates that allow them to perform better.

I wouldn't want to discourage anyone from giving it a shot though. This game is a test bed for ideas and tweaks Gamefreak probably have had for awhile but probably didn't want to rock the boat with in the mainline games. Being able to change moves at will (in this game, YOU are the move relearner), change nicknames at will, choose when to evolve your pokemon, being able to catch pokemon in the wild outside of battle and have your trainer attacked by wild pokes, IVs have been replaced with Effort Levels, status effects are no longer persistent and will automatically be removed after battle, a crafting system, minor inventory management, etc

Its one big experiment and I think thats worth checking out on its own (despite my own misgivings and divided feelings on it) if you're a hardcore fan enough but if you want tons and tons of trainer battles, unfortunately out of lack.

In a sequel if they add a lot more trainer battles and make filling out the pokedex feel less tedious, it could be an awesome game for me. The world and characters are actually really charming aswell. The writing is interesting in how the relationship between humans and pokemons is still very fresh and tense in this era. Some people are terrified of pokemon or just don't know quite what to even make of them yet so you'll get a lot of sidequests where people are learning more about em in funny or amusing ways.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
You know? This actually kind of sounds like it's for me. I love doing minimal yet seemingly meaningless checklist type of stuff. It's fun, allows me to sort of listen to podcasts or videos on the side as well while doing these check list things. So for me, this actually sounds like a lot of fun even if it's all essentially meaningless at the end of the day.

However, it's unfortunate that the pop in is such a massive problem. Being able to walk around a lush, colorful Pokemon world with Pokemon roaming around is sort of the dream to me (and a lot of people as well). I, personally can get over the pop-in as performance isn't THAT big of a deal for me but again that's just me. I'm still gonna check it out and actually try to give it a go again since I dropped it last time due other stuff being out. Worst comes to worse, I'll restart and possibly give my new thoughts on it and see where I end up being with the game after a good amount of hours and possibly do a writeup like yours.

Side bar -- Speaking of needing a Switch 2/Switch Pro, how would you guys feel about Nintendo making a more powerful dock rather than a whole new model? As in a dock that boosts up the performance even further and allows the Switch to be far more powerful at home rather than trying to rush out an entirely new powerful console? Cause for me, I don't mind the handheld stuff taking a performance hit. I'm simply happy we're even able to play these games on the go but if Nintendo made a whole dock dedicated to performance enhancements, I wouldn't mind it. It'd bridge the gap between now and a Switch 2, and it would also sell a whole lot due to the Switch's dedicated and ever-growing fanbase.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I think I'm giving into the Splatoon 3 hype guys. The more I see of it, the more I legitimately feel compelled to buy it. Anybody here in the Nintendo OT play it? If so, is it worth it?

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
I think I'm giving into the Splatoon 3 hype guys. The more I see of it, the more I legitimately feel compelled to buy it. Anybody here in the Nintendo OT play it? If so, is it worth it?
Haven't played it yet myself since I decided to hold off on some purchases with few exceptions for the rest of the year but I do love me some Splatoon and from everything I've seen, 3 looks just as good as one would hope. Anecdotally, from my experiences around, the controls tend to be what stops some from enjoying the series fully though I never had an issue. If you haven't played one of them it seems 3 is a good jumping in point so if you do, I hope you enjoy it. Can't wait until I can get to it.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Probably moved on to the Splatoon 3 OT thread.

Haven't played it yet myself since I decided to hold off on some purchases with few exceptions for the rest of the year but I do love me some Splatoon and from everything I've seen, 3 looks just as good as one would hope. Anecdotally, from my experiences around, the controls tend to be what stops some from enjoying the series fully though I never had an issue. If you haven't played one of them it seems 3 is a good jumping in point so if you do, I hope you enjoy it. Can't wait until I can get to it.
I bought it after talking to people in the Splatoon 3 OT and some friends who have it. It comes in a couple of days so if anything, I'll let you guys know my thoughts!

Also, new icons after available:

View: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1572027769764122624

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018

Yeah I definitely do think it is weird that with everything that was ported to Switch from the WiiU two games that would probably sell really well are left out (so far).

I would have expected them to do at least one of the two.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Dunno if this is deserving of its own thread or not, but Wood Hawker of Beatemups and the Nontendo podcast said he was told devs would be switching to Switch 2 dev kits this month.

31:10 if timestamp doesn't work.

Switch 2 related threads here seem to be met with derision so it's up to you, but either way, thanks for sharing. If devs are getting Drake devkits this month, the timeline would line up with the Nvidia leak this past year, the recent commit message about 8 cores in T239, and the possibility of an H1 2023 release.

Kahhhhyle

Jun 8, 2021
Switch 2 related threads here seem to be met with derision so it's up to you, but either way, thanks for sharing. If devs are getting Drake devkits this month, the timeline would line up with the Nvidia leak this past year, the recent commit message about 8 cores in T239, and the possibility of an H1 2023 release.
That and I know they tend to get closed a lot lol. Dunno what the official rules on that is.

It lines up the the Nvidia leak and it would actually line up pretty well with a March reveal to debut with ToK.

Kahhhhyle

Jun 8, 2021
I mean, Wood doesn't seem like he'd lie about this because he always plays it super safe and doesn't just throw stuff like this out there so for him to just mentioning it like this, he's gotta believe whoever told him
I'm not saying he's lying, but I don't think most leakers lie...

I think it's possible they're wrong though lol

Status
Not open for further replies.