kurt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice datamine MondoMega. Here is my prediction...

1​
1080 Snowboarding
2​
Banjo Kazooie
3​
Banjo Tooie
4​
Bomberman 64
5​
Diddy Kong Racing
6​
Donkey Kong 64
7​
Dr Mario 64
8​
F-Zero X
9​
Glover
10​
Hydro Thunder
11​
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
12​
Mario Golf
13​
Mario Kart 64
14​
Mario Party 1
15​
Mario Party 2
16​
Mario Party 3
17​
Mario Tennis
18​
Mega Man 64
19​
Mystical Ninja
20​
Mystical Ninja 2
21​
Ogre Battle 64
22​
Paper Mario
23​
Pilotwings 64
24​
Pokemon Puzzle League
25​
Pokemon Snap
26​
Pokemon Stadium
27​
Pokemon Stadium 2
28​
Sim City 2000
29​
Sin & Punishment
30​
Star Fox 64
31​
Super Mario 64
32​
Super Smash Bros
33​
Wave Race
34​
Win Back
35​
Wipeout 64
36​
Yoshi's Story
37​
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
38​
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

1-6 seems pretty predictable save for one or two changes. The bottom 10 is pretty predictable for the most part, 35 could be Wipeout or Worms Armageddon. 18-28 is where the biggest mysteries lie. We know of Snap and Paper but the rest is up for grabs. I probably wouldn't have put Stadium normally but given how many slots are open getting at least one of them can't be ruled out. There is always the chance for more JP stuff but nothing big came off the top of my head.

Very exciting stuff.

Thanks, no ki gold and no golden eye confirms for me no buy.

Oscarzx n

May 24, 2018
Santiago, Chile
38 games sounds as something expected, not counting licensed games and if they don't add Mario Party or Pokémon Stadium, there are only like 25 Nintendo games for the N64 that can be added, and since a lot of the N64 third party line up has some kind of licensed element or is owned by companies like EA, Activision or Ubisoft, it's likely we'll see stuff like some Konami and Hudson games and some random stuff like Glover, plus more Rare games I guess.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I don't understand why Nintendo have never brought Pilotwings 64 to a VC service. It's their IP
It's their IP; but it isn't entirely their game.

TITLE-616x444.png

AdamE

3D Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Has anyone had an issue where either the Mega drive or SNES app icons display the wrong region to what your account is supposed to be?
My account is U.K./European, but the Sega MD icon displays the Genesis version, and the Snes displays the US control pad instead of the European one. It's not the worst deal.. but, it's irritating NGL

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Just had a run of Mario Kart 64 with MrsBS with the N64 and much swearing and good times were had. Good times.

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
soooo MUSHA is legit incredible???

i know a lot of us are doomy and gloomy (i was a little) but i'm happy to have a new amazing game experience

D'aww 😁 So glad to hear someone enjoying Musha for the first time, that was such a gem for them to include.

Honestly it's a superb if small starting line up for the Mega Drive/Genesis, and it sounds like it's the best MD/Gen emulation on Switch. I do get folks pointing to the Mega Drive Collection as an alternative value wise but this does seem leagues better than that, though I wish we could have the fast forward feature from that here.

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
Oh my lord 🥰

MnVDso_yUJohRzeP20v10zku_BODAn7PYEAuSnfoe8q2rAYK1PzbIW53OoUZy_s7KcOqfy03CaOSmHuYp3PAF1yixgrmrDtnhwdOKDoVU74NKhXjaolgQamD0vtaFv-Q5ODfjjXxHuzEnJhi67nqzrjbR-V81nhBDfW36VBUp7SgkLIrB5jv2AsfhZed_r5-XatYfD5P8M_gs8BVo0IKj4la8tCQ06VmnPyEzrsQKChpEgoZoJjOZcCFwIldvB5qQlw13dk-_3E_sBO0oFJ6GQu76QGn5pwQYUdBSmV8yF8Z_c-aRlJwMJfGRwpwKiEc-65Rs6OUZZd_-NeXF-1F4cD5Rw9WCSCaW3qUktXq-130RHM2PIt5-j6rthW9mtHcJtrgdWrzapQkyXz_greybcjA89oq7m-83e9tSgYNnN4ypDtNT6MJt1Y1anpJqIqgW20_xxjRGBchQXhrb5zJywtJxOssT3lm9v7SQBbv0VbU_puroP1OeevzcYsQBcGZzk_cj1zgl7f-balQFSPfDPnpujRHVsum8rSPipBUv7_G-0rpnT9boYDYLfhOl0ueR_RI3O4wWqJqgTwnwOOJLajuKMc_HmDVj50znei2voBqpDGK20_ra8zoqq6Eo5zR2WHcWhDhl67ywppfxsSnGYLhnU21Zteo7F5ePj3BwUHMmQ4-IAps2NGIWRyu6yJBlziuaDI-9ai19Ve3EZtE1PUL=w1277-h719-no

Still an incredible game and possibly the new best showcase for the OLED, goddamn it's beautiful.

Super happy with Mega Drive emulation on this 🙂 Safe to call it the best on the system I reckon, it is indeed leagues better than the MD/Gen collection, and even better than M2's ports in terms of no shimmering on 4:3 scrolling. Though stupidly, if you do pixel perfect the gradiant background pretty obviously doesn't line up with it ha, further making the case for us to disable that...

N64 is definitely pretty rough sadly, still had some fun with it but yeah desperately hoping they improve it. A bit easier to swallow since I'm only playing £4.15 for pro rated family sub (on top of £2.81 on a CDKeys regular bought family plan), so I'm happy on that for Mega Drive + Animal Crossing DLC alone, but still absolutely not acceptable and needs to be improved.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I wished we can get in contact with the support team, so we can file bugs to their internal bug trackers.

Or, I wished Nintendo would make a public bug tracker.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where can I see the controller configuration ? I have no idea what does what on n64

édit : found. Suspend / x

krlitros87

Oct 28, 2017
so, are they any offline issues? I still don't know if I'd buy the expansion pack or if I should wait for patch or something like that

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
so, are they any offline issues? I still don't know if I'd buy the expansion pack or if I should wait for patch or something like that
I think there are. I don't have the expansion pack, so I don't have much to say.

I did recalled there were some issues with Dark Link in the Ocarina of Time dungeon / room, where the emulator couldn't emulate the TV out signals properly, causing it to display a warning message. But then again, it's a Twitter post, not something I personally experienced.

Am_I_Evil

Oct 27, 2017
so if I just buy the $25 Animal Crossing DLC separately...is this also usable by my wife? We have 2 switches, a digital version of AC, and she can play her island on the "primary" console just fine, and I can play mine on the other, but just wanted to make sure the DLC would work the same way...i'm assuming yes but don't want to spend the money until I know for sure...

rustyra24

Jul 6, 2018
I really want to play Pilot Wings. It was one of my favorite n64 games. That would make me buy the service.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Nice datamine MondoMega. Here is my prediction...

1​
1080 Snowboarding
2​
Banjo Kazooie
3​
Banjo Tooie
4​
Bomberman 64
5​
Diddy Kong Racing
6​
Donkey Kong 64
7​
Dr Mario 64
8​
F-Zero X
9​
Glover
10​
Hydro Thunder
11​
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
12​
Mario Golf
13​
Mario Kart 64
14​
Mario Party 1
15​
Mario Party 2
16​
Mario Party 3
17​
Mario Tennis
18​
Mega Man 64
19​
Mystical Ninja
20​
Mystical Ninja 2
21​
Ogre Battle 64
22​
Paper Mario
23​
Pilotwings 64
24​
Pokemon Puzzle League
25​
Pokemon Snap
26​
Pokemon Stadium
27​
Pokemon Stadium 2
28​
Sim City 2000
29​
Sin & Punishment
30​
Star Fox 64
31​
Super Mario 64
32​
Super Smash Bros
33​
Wave Race
34​
Win Back
35​
Wipeout 64
36​
Yoshi's Story
37​
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
38​
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

1-6 seems pretty predictable save for one or two changes. The bottom 10 is pretty predictable for the most part, 35 could be Wipeout or Worms Armageddon. 18-28 is where the biggest mysteries lie. We know of Snap and Paper but the rest is up for grabs. I probably wouldn't have put Stadium normally but given how many slots are open getting at least one of them can't be ruled out. There is always the chance for more JP stuff but nothing big came off the top of my head.

Very exciting stuff.
Both Custom Robo games are confirmed for Japan so they take up 2 of the 1-6 slots even if they don't come here

kurt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No Activision is not involved in James Bond games and fwiw EON Productions renewed a Goldeneye trademark a few months ago.

It could be diff now, but it was the case for sure:
"Nintendo considered the possibility of bringing GoldenEye 007 to the Wii's Virtual Console in 2006, the game was never released for the platform due to legal issues involving the numerous licence holders with rights to the game and to the James Bond intellectual property. In 2006, the James Bond game licence was acquired by Activision."

Zutrax

"This guy are sick"
Oct 31, 2017
I'm having a tough time finding a clear answer for this question, if I have a bunch of friends who are not on family plans, but currently pay for NSO's normal non-expansion single account plan (so they still have months left on their subs), what happens when I purchase a family sub and invite them? Do they lose all their existing months left? Is that accounted for and any existing months they had left are tacked onto the family plan? Are they refunded? I can't find this scenario really described thoroughly anywhere online.

Jordan94

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm having a tough time finding a clear answer for this question, if I have a bunch of friends who are not on family plans, but currently pay for NSO's normal non-expansion single account plan (so they still have months left on their subs), what happens when I purchase a family sub and invite them? Do they lose all their existing months left? Is that accounted for and any existing months they had left are tacked onto the family plan? Are they refunded? I can't find this scenario really described thoroughly anywhere online.

I was in a similar predicament as you. Myself as the admin got a discount buying the family plan. The other people on my plan did not get any discount moving to a family group. They still overall saved money so it was still worth it for them.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
It could be diff now, but it was the case for sure:
"Nintendo considered the possibility of bringing GoldenEye 007 to the Wii's Virtual Console in 2006, the game was never released for the platform due to legal issues involving the numerous licence holders with rights to the game and to the James Bond intellectual property. In 2006, the James Bond game licence was acquired by Activision."

Activision lost their general license a few years ago, IO interactive is working on one title but it is individually licensed from EON productions and MGM.

Honestly, If Microsoft and Nintendo want to play ball then I think there might be no better time since it originally released for Goldeneye to make an appearance.

Zutrax

"This guy are sick"
Oct 31, 2017
I was in a similar predicament as you. Myself as the admin got a discount buying the family plan. The other people on my plan did not get any discount moving to a family group. They still overall saved money so it was still worth it for them.
Thank you for the information, that's a bummer, but yeah ultimately they're saving a lot if they wanted the expansion in the first place.

nenned

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to guess the west gets one of the Castlevania games instead of 2 Custom Robo games.

LiC

Dec 1, 2017
The lack of Controller Pak support is bad, and not a good sign for my (faint) hopes of Transfer Pak support. Everything else seems pretty overblown. I expect the fog emulation issue in OoT to be fixed, and not much else to change.

32 and 33 would have to be Super Smash Bros and Wave Race 64, if you we were to go by this scheme
If they're alphabetical by the Japanese name, Smash 64 wouldn't be under S. By its full title, it would be under N ("Nintendo All-Star"); by the part of its title shared with the rest of the series, it would be under D ("Dairantou Smash Brothers").

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone seeing an option to downgrade a Family Membership to and Individual Membership?
There's no way to do it automatically. You might be able to make a case with Nintendo support, but I haven't tried it personally. I have until April '22 with my current family plan, and I wanted to downgrade to individual since nobody in our household plays ACNH anymore. Best I can do at the moment is turn off auto-renewal and then wait for my current sub to lapse, and then resub as individual next year. Which sounds fine to me I guess, since I want to see how the expansion pass changes over time (if it does).

kalgore

Oct 29, 2017
There's no way to do it automatically. You might be able to make a case with Nintendo support, but I haven't tried it personally. I have until April '22 with my current family plan, and I wanted to downgrade to individual since nobody in our household plays ACNH anymore. Best I can do at the moment is turn off auto-renewal and then wait for my current sub to lapse, and then resub as individual next year. Which sounds fine to me I guess, since I want to see how the expansion pass changes over time (if it does).

Similar situation here. My sub lapses on Dec 15th. Going to wait and see if they make this worth paying for or not.

Sep 16, 2021
Cost me £18.57 to upgrade from my regular to a year of the online Plus. Considering this includes the AC DLC, I think this was a steal. The N64 controller that arrived this morning makes OoT a joy to play (minus the graphical downgrade of course).

Jan 2, 2018
Massachusetts
so if I just buy the $25 Animal Crossing DLC separately...is this also usable by my wife? We have 2 switches, a digital version of AC, and she can play her island on the "primary" console just fine, and I can play mine on the other, but just wanted to make sure the DLC would work the same way...i'm assuming yes but don't want to spend the money until I know for sure...
The DLC works just like the base game as far as digital purchases go— once purchased, both consoles should be ok to download and play it. Other games' DLC, like Breath of the Wild and Smash Bros, work that way, so it shouldn't be any different.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
So I know there's a pile of "ifs" here, but if Nintendo polish up some of the N64 emulation problems, and if there's really 30-something N64 games to be released and 50-something Mega Drive games, and if there is another platform as data mining suggests, and if updates are actually somewhat regular instead of all over the place like the NES and SNES ones, then...that looks like it might turn out to be a reasonably okay service. I think it's still a disappointingly underwhelming start, but it looks like there is at least the outlines of a plan to grow it.

25 - Pokemon Stadium 2 ???
26 - ???
27 - ???
29 - Sin & Punishment
There's so many interesting games between those two, it's kind of a shame that there's only two spaces there.

Surely not.

I know there's not many plausible games sitting alphabetically between Winback and Yoshi's Story but I think the most likely choice here is Worms Armageddon and that even really obscure stuff that appears to have a near-zero chance of appearing is still more likely to appear than Wipeout 64.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
So I know there's a pile of "ifs" here, but if Nintendo polish up some of the N64 emulation problems, and if there's really 30-something N64 games to be released and 50-something Mega Drive games, and if there is another platform as data mining suggests, and if updates are actually somewhat regular instead of all over the place like the NES and SNES ones, then...that looks like it might turn out to be a reasonably okay service. I think it's still a disappointingly underwhelming start, but it looks like there is at least the outlines of a plan to grow it.
Wouldn't be shocked if it's GB/GBC and just made part of the base subscription, while GBA is added later as part of the expansion pack.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't WipeOut owned by Sony? I could see Worms... can't really see WipeOut happening.
Yeah, Sony owns Wipeout since they bought Psygnosis / Studio Liverpool back in the day. I doubt they'd allow it to happen, unfortunately.

EDIT: Just looked it up, and Wipeout 64 was released even though Psygnosis had been owned by Sony for five years by the time it released? That's wild. Still though, I don't see modern-day Sony allowing it. It isn't impossible but I don't see it happening.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

There's so many interesting games between those two, it's kind of a shame that there's only two spaces there.

Surely not.

I know there's not many plausible games sitting alphabetically between Winback and Yoshi's Story but I think the most likely choice here is Worms Armageddon and that even really obscure stuff that appears to have a near-zero chance of appearing is still more likely to appear than Wipeout 64.
Or Wonder Project J as Japan only