Sneaky Gato

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone else been having issues with the right joycon analog stick? Over the course of the last week I've noticed it become more erratic. For example while moving the camera in BOTW IT will keep moving it while sliding through the inventory screens it will accelerate suddenly or move several screens over without me touching it. I reset the controller to factory defaults it still happened. When I went to recalibrate it the it was hovering off to the side even afterwards. Does anyone have any fixes?

valentine

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Finally got a switch to complete my set up .

ebCdcGH.jpg

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a really really nice view and setup you have there!

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
So my Switch's WiFi is suddenly actual garbage, for no discernible reason. Never used the full speeds available, but it used to be okay given the circumstances. Now the lag in Rocket League makes the game truly unplayable, and the system speed test hovers between 2Mbps or 20Mbps, but even after testing 20 the game is the slowest thing I've ever seen. Nothing about my network or the switch itself has changed, every other device is doing great, and this is while docked. I have an Ethernet adapter on order which is fine, but now I'm concerned that when I play in portable it's also going to be terrible.

Anyone else experience this or have a fix? It really came out of nowhere and I don't know what to do
Switching WiFi to 5GHz seems to work a treat for people, if that's an option for you.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I've noticed a bit of an issue with my Pro controller. The right button on my d-pad only seems to respond about half the time. Trying to navigate through my inventory in Breath of the Wild with it is really frustrating. I was using the analogue stick since I started using it on Monday so I hadn't noticed it. The d-pad looks a bit slanted a fair amount of the time. Maybe that's causing it.

TheLastYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Do we have shovel knight OT here? Making my way through the Spectre Knight campaign and it's as good as the previous 2 entries. Really wish Yacht Club would make campaigns for all the characters but I am also excited to see what they do next.

addyb

Oct 27, 2017

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've got like 25 bucks in my ewallet, trying to decide on a game and I'm kind of stuck. I've had my eye on Rocket League (played a ton when I had my PS4), Sonic mania, shovel Knight, axiom Verge, battle ched brigade, and even RE:Revelations.

I don't know what to do

I'd wait on Rocket League and go for a new experience, but that's just me.

Battle Chef Brigade is my vote because that game is unique and wonderful and needs more attention. Plus it's currently exclusive to Switch and PC, so it's a little more special.

The others basically come down to your love of retro platforming or survival horror.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm attempting the 'fix' Nintendo says should resolve the battery indicator bug.

Here's the instructions:

http:///XK9c.jpeg

What I've done so far:

Steps 1 and about to finish step 5, then I have repeat the process again several times.

It took 3hrs to charge (roughly) my Switch, then I left it connected to the ac adaptor for an additional hour.

Right now I'm finishing step 5. I've had my Switch on the home menu for approximately 7 hours. It's been on all night and it's at 10% now from 100%.

I don't think I want to continue doing this ' several times'.

Has anyone with this bug attempted the fix from above?

I've done it 3 times so far and it has helped quite a bit. Battery is much better, but it's still not 100% fixed. I know someone on the Nintendo forum who tried it 14 times and it's still jumping by 2-3% after turning off his switch then returning to it.

Mine goes something like this.

Have an hour playing Switch, battery goes from 100% to say 67%. Turn on switch 8 hours and it has jumped to 70-71%.

There were a few threads on GAF about this and I know other people had this issue ( as well as many, many more around the web)

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
So I got an offer from pay pal for $5 off $20 at the eshop but the deal is never added when I trying buying something. Anybody know whats up? Never mind. Got it to work.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
I've got like 25 bucks in my ewallet, trying to decide on a game and I'm kind of stuck. I've had my eye on Rocket League (played a ton when I had my PS4), Sonic mania, shovel Knight, axiom Verge, battle ched brigade, and even RE:Revelations.

I don't know what to do
Axiom Verge is one of my favorite games from 2015. It's a complete love letter to Super Metroid and does a fantastic job at it. I highly recommend it.

Oct 28, 2017
WWE 2K18 is £20 cheaper physical than digital. That's the kind of difference that tempts me to make the sacrifice.

Any impressions of WWE 2K18 by the way? Stack up well to the other versions?

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Am I the only one that wants Dead Rising on Switch? I'm thinking how awesome it would be if Capcom could port Dead Rising Remaster and Dead Rising 2non Switch. I don't know why they haven't done it yet. Is the new WWE game good on Switch?

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Am I the only one that wants Dead Rising on Switch? I'm thinking how awesome it would be if Capcom could port Dead Rising Remaster and Dead Rising 2non Switch. I don't know why they haven't done it yet. Is the new WWE game good on Switch?
Would be an instabuy for me.
Holy shit I never thought of that. Now I really want it.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have shovel knight OT here? Making my way through the Spectre Knight campaign and it's as good as the previous 2 entries. Really wish Yacht Club would make campaigns for all the characters but I am also excited to see what they do next.

Not sure if there's an OT but I just started playing Shovel of Hope. I beat the Polar Knight and it's been fun so far.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Since I wasn't able to post on the other site when the Switch released, here is what I got at launch.

C5_u-peUYAEp60S.jpg:large

valentine

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
God damn that view! I've been looking at that TV as theres some pretty good deals around, what size is yours and how do you like it? Do you have the model number as I think they vary country to country?

/no more questions your honor.
Yeah the Pacific Ocean is beautiful. The TV is the 55" KS8000. I love it. I think it's one of the best non OLED TVs for gaming due to the low input lag.

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Axiom Verge is one of my favorite games from 2015. It's a complete love letter to Super Metroid and does a fantastic job at it. I highly recommend it.
Seconding this. I'm playing through it currently and it has exceded my expectations.
WWE 2K18 is £20 cheaper physical than digital. That's the kind of difference that tempts me to make the sacrifice.

r/NintendoSwitch doesn't seem to have anything good to say about it. Apparently it's a technical mess.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

It's the same in the US, Amazon has it on sale (though backordered) for 39.99. But it's a buggy mess right now. I mean, so was NBA 2k18 when it was released but this is apparently much worse.

eklesp

Nov 7, 2017
Picked up a pro controller this weekend, the comments I have been reading about it are all true, it is such a fantastic controller, worth the cost.

Which are the best Grips for the Switch to make it alittle more comfortable?

I have this one and it is ok. It does help with the grip when playing for a long time in handheld. I dont often use it though because it cannot be docked.
If you can find just grip additions to the joycon, that would be the way to go, have seen some cool 3D printed grips.

Rezae

Oct 28, 2017
I have this one and it is ok. It does help with the grip when playing for a long time in handheld. I dont often use it though because it cannot be docked.
If you can find just grip additions to the joycon, that would be the way to go, have seen some cool 3D printed grips.

I have that grip also and it is well worth it. Yeah it can't be docked but it's easy enough to take off/on. My hands cramp up relatively quickly without it, but with it I can comfortably play long sessions.