Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
IvPMlswF

Switch Dev Kit?

Would like to know this myself. Saw a few on Amazon for £30 but I'm sceptical.

Forget about that dev kit, where can I get one of those white stands? Looks very classy.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Please do, it look the perfect size for my case.

It's about the size of a couple saltine crackers stacked.

I just pulled out the wires from my dock and put them into that device, then plugged it into the switch, and it went to tv just as if I docked it.

Seems a perfect dock replacement, though it is a generic Chinese thing, so we'll see how it hold out over repeated use.

When I get back I'll find the link to the exact one I got on amazon.

It's called Fyoung I think. It's the one with splatoon on the tv, and has 19 or so reviews, well reviewed.

edit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074RGQ261/?tag=era0f0-20

Last edited:

Sour

Oct 28, 2017
Forget about that dev kit, where can I get one of those white stands? Looks very classy.

You could probably reproduce it with a 3D printer if you have access to one. I've never seen one like that before.

It's about the size of a couple saltine crackers stacked.

I just pulled out the wires from my dock and put them into that device, then plugged it into the switch, and it went to tv just as if I docked it.

Seems a perfect dock replacement, though it is a generic Chinese thing, so we'll see how it hold out over repeated use.

When I get back I'll find the link to the exact one I got on amazon.

It's called Fyoung I think. It's the one with splatoon on the tv, and has 19 or so reviews, well reviewed.

edit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074RGQ261/?tag=era0f0-20

Sounds like it is worth a punt. I wonder if it has 12 Months warranty, its very tempting once I get paid.

johan

Oct 29, 2017

The white stand is made of cardboard, so maybe you can get a dev to make a copy ;-) It comes with the dev kit

What I want from the dev kit in my regular ass Switch is a classic controller port!!

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thumper is on sale for $15

This is a good port? I was holding out for the VR version on PS4 but who knows when I'll have a PSVR. Not anytime soon.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it normal for the joycons to lose their power after a while sitting around? I was going to download the zelda DLC and the dumb things wouldn't turn on at all. I think the last time I used them was around a week ago for a brief Mario stint and they were still at half power at least. This isn't the first time it's happened either.

I know things lose their charge after a while but usually not a week...

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it normal for the joycons to lose their power after a while sitting around? I was going to download the zelda DLC and the dumb things wouldn't turn on at all. I think the last time I used them was around a week ago for a brief Mario stint and they were still at half power at least. This isn't the first time it's happened either.

I know things lose their charge after a while but usually not a week...
Yes, but it should last more than a week, it stays in a low power mode or connects to the console often so it can be turned on from the console (with the search function), same for the Pro controller.
I don't know if this can be disabled.

But I charge my spare Joy-Cons and Pro controller every month.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, but it should last more than a week, it stays in a low power mode or connects to the console often so it can be turned on from the console (with the search function), same for the Pro controller.
I don't know if this can be disabled.

But I charge my spare Joy-Cons and Pro controller every month.

Ok thanks. If it's normal then I'm not that worried about it, it's just a small annoyance in that case.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
What do you think the chances we'll see a Pikmin 3 Switch port are?

I've been contemplating trying to pick up a Wii U, but I've been holding out on the hopes the main games I want will get Switch ports.

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So I bought the Resi Rev collection, I'm Italian though, do I need an american account to play rev 2?
Also, even if I do, will the icon appear next to my other games?

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
The game is a lot better once you get more Mario characters and the mechanics expand.

Are they planning on making DLC characters? Because the Rabbids all feel like wasted spaces.
Mechanically, at least, the Rabbids wind up with some of the best abilities. Rabbid Luigi's vampire abilities are super powerful for healing once you figure out how they work.

(Actually, one of the complaints I've heard most is that you can't ever ditch Mario from your core team in favor of other, more mechanically interesting characters)

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Ugh.. the "Internet Connection and microSD Required" box on the Resident Evil Revelations cover is so ugly. I need an alternative version to print off or something. I was seriously considering going back to EB Games and stealing the cover art from the display cases.

teflontactics

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario, Canada

CRYPTFLOWERS

Nov 2, 2017
Noticed Slain is out. I remember being excited for that game several years ago, then not excited at all as the word of mouth was terrible. But now it's supposed to be good? Like completely overhauled.

Any opinions on the port? What about the state of the game more generally?

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
Any more impressions on The Sexy Brutale? Like half the impressions say it runs great and the other half say it's a terrible port.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
What do you think the chances we'll see a Pikmin 3 Switch port are?

I've been contemplating trying to pick up a Wii U, but I've been holding out on the hopes the main games I want will get Switch ports.

The Wii U library is beefy enough that there's always gonna be great stuff to play on it. The current $175 sale price on Nintendo's website is worth every penny.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh.. the "Internet Connection and microSD Required" box on the Resident Evil Revelations cover is so ugly. I need an alternative version to print off or something. I was seriously considering going back to EB Games and stealing the cover art from the display cases.
I wish it was more subtle... like you can have the text and have it stand out over the rest of the art. It looks like a placeholder cover. Not that I display my games facing out, but just knowing it's there is enough to annoy me. LOL

Chekhonte

User banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Do you think there's any chance of Link Between Worlds coming to switch? It's all my wife wants is to play that on the projector.

Atraveller

Oct 25, 2017
Switch being handheld is amazing. I've only gotten Switch for a week, and I've played through half of Mario Odyssey using loose time alone.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Well finally got a Switch, my first Nintendo System I have owned since the Game Boy Advance...been a long time Nintendo.

Last edited:

Pulp

Nov 4, 2017
Bought a Switch yesterday. So far this thing is very impressive. Playing BOTW on a handheld in my bed was such a crazy moment for me. Will be testing it for real when I got a 3 hour train ride this monday. Almost looking forward to it lol.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am a handheld gamer and I expected to want to play my Switch mostly in handheld mode, but honestly I've found myself compelled to play on the TV whenever possible.

It's not just that the IQ is lower undocked, though that's part of it. It's two things:

1) Split JoyCons is just too comfortable. It's certainly the best way to play games like Mario Odyssey.

2) The Switch's screen has terrible contrast. It makes light scenes washed out and dark scenes too dark and muddy. This makes details that much harder to parse. IMO it's worse than the resolution hit. The shitty old knock off LCD TV I'm playing on has better contrast.

I should note that I'm used to handhelds with shitty screens and bad contrast BUT the Switch is the only one that gives me the option to play on a different screen.

Also I'm spoiled by dat Vita OLED...

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017
I'm wondering if anyone can help me with the situation I'm in.

I'm trying to Link my Nintendo Network ID to a new Nintendo Account (as the old one is tied to an e-mail address I can no longer access), but I can't seem to do it. I unlinked the old one from the Nintendo Account website and linked the new one, but my NNID on Switch still insists on being linked to the old one. Today I tried deactivating the old one, but when I try to sign into my Nintendo Account from my Switch, it tries to sign me into the old Nintendo Account, it doesn't give me the option to change the email address.

Now, this isn't a huge deal as I can still use the old Nintendo Account despite not being able to use the e-mail, but it would be nice to get changed.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you guys think Namco Museum is worth it just for Pac Man Battle Royale?

I'm sure I know the answer. It's bullshit that they don't sell those games individually. Like, they know at least half of them are boring and no one would buy them but if they bundle them they "add value" and they can charge $30

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
Does it matter if I don't close my game when I'm done playing? I'm wondering how much it affects the battery if I always leave Zelda open so I won't have to launch it again when I start playing

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At least 3 mediocre mobile games on the eShop this week. I hope this doesn't become a trend (the mediocre part).

Tennis in the Face
Riptide GP
Yodanji

Also, man, those Plague Road screens are an assault on the eyes. What a horrid looking game.

Does it matter if I don't close my game when I'm done playing? I'm wondering how much it affects the battery if I always leave Zelda open so I won't have to launch it again when I start playing

It doesn't matter. That's the whole point of sleep mode.

Last edited:

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Had to send my left joycon off for analog stick drift. My grip looks so sad with only an orange (neon red, but lol) joycon resting in it :(

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, was not expecting a new VS mode to be added to Mario + Rabbids for free!

That's a lot more fun and interesting than the co-op.

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo seriously needs to consider making it mandatory for developers to implement gyro aiming if they're releasing a FPS or TPS on the thing. DOOM is borderline unplayable with those shitty sticks especially when I boot it up after playing splatoon for a bit.

At least 3 mediocre mobile games on the eShop this week. I hope this doesn't become a trend (the mediocre part).

Tennis in the Face
Riptide GP
Yodanji

Also, man, those Plague Road screens are an assault on the eyes. What a horrid looking game.

It doesn't matter. That's the whole point of sleep mode.

That sucks, I was actually considering picking this up because there's no decent racers on the system other than MK8 (Fast Racing sucks),

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Do you guys think Namco Museum is worth it just for Pac Man Battle Royale?

I'm sure I know the answer. It's bullshit that they don't sell those games individually. Like, they know at least half of them are boring and no one would buy them but if they bundle them they "add value" and they can charge $30

I also was interested in this, but 30 dollars is yeesh.. Will wait for a sale.

One thing to consider though... It appears as though this version of Pacman vs only works between 2 switch systems, and plays like a team vs mode. Check out the free download for the multiplayer if you don't have the game to host. It implies the multiplayer is something like this.

How does it feel to have Nintendo Switch?

Had to send my left joycon off for analog stick drift. My grip looks so sad with only an orange (neon red, but lol) joycon resting in it :(

It feels good, but also like I spent a shit ton of money to play one or two games, and that the system or controllers are going to break. A lot of people mention controller issues.. Hope I'm not next!

Mario is awesome though.

BareKnuckle

Oct 26, 2017
I have 23gb of space on my system memory but only 20mb or so on my memory card.

The switch is trying to download an update (botw patch) to the memory card and failing as there isn't enough room. How do I point it at the system memory instead?

Benedict

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
What kind of sales do Nintendo have during Christmas?
Can I expect good offers?
Contemplating if I should wait for a possible sale on Golf Story.