• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinatar

Oct 25, 2017
NJPW uploaded the other shows from their recent US tour.

About to watch Tomohiro Ishii and Amazing Red vs. Shingo Takagi and Bushi.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
What's a booger red?
JR used to call American Badass Undertaker that. Here's a transcription why:

Of all the names that I threw out there – that some stuck and some did not – this one did not obviously. If it did, it stuck in a bad way; but, the Booger Red definition is very simple… Booger Red was in reference to the great Texas linebacker, the late Tommy Nobis. Tommy Nobis wore number 60. He had like a 20 inch neck, red hair. So his all through school because this was such a fierce hitter at 6'3″ probably 245 middle linebacker – he was huge for that position – during that era. He unhinged people. His nickname was Booger Red. If you go look in the dictionary for what a booger is, other than something you go looking for with your index figure in your nose, booger means like a goblin or something like that, a scary person or scary entity, more specifically. I thought this might stretch out there or make something because Undertaker is a macabre type figure and Booger Red is kinda a tribute to his Texas heritage; but, basically what happened is it sh*t the bed, so that's where we are. Trying to use a little football and Tommy Nobis was the baddest of the bad. He'd tear you a part….Taker was the same way in his world. Taker of course had naturally red hair. Anyway, the more you explain it the crappier it is.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Btw, can anyone explain me the draft rules? I read the one on fightful and didn't understand anything.
From the little I read from this thread, there is a representative from fox and USA. No idea if they're kayfabe or actual folks from there.
Roman vs seth to determine who gets the first pick. Half the roster available to draft tomorrow. Other half Monday.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone was styling and Hager came out wearing a polo shirt like this motherfucker just got off his shift at Old Navy. Who's supposed to be scared of that guy.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
From the new issue of the Observer today:

Tyler Bateman, who debuted on 9/28 in Las Vegas by beating Jake Atlas, will be a regular for ROH. Jake Atlas is also expected to be working more dates in ROH. Atlas had already turned down deals from Impact and MLW

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Everything about this draft feels like Fox is 100% handling the production of it.

I wonder what it was like in the room for Fox Sports execs having to explain to Vince what an actual draft process is like...and that they are not called Player Shakeups

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What if the draft is actually for the XFL and the talent doesn't know it yet?
I think that's what they call a "Swerve" in the business.
giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Everything about this draft feels like Fox is 100% handling the production of it.

I wonder what it was like in the room for Fox Sports execs having to explain to Vince what an actual draft process is like...and that they are not called Player Shakeups
Vince understands what a Sports draft is but Vince falls in and out of love with words and concepts so he will start using words like Shakeup instead of Draft.

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
How has Shane Strickland been doing? He's a talented dude but was always super botch-y.

CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017
From the little I read from this thread, there is a representative from fox and USA. No idea if they're kayfabe or actual folks from there.
Roman vs seth to determine who gets the first pick. Half the roster available to draft tomorrow. Other half Monday.
Why not just having Brock versus Seth again, at least he'll get cheers there.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The quarter hours from Dynamite

AEW on TNT opened with 1,138,000 viewers and ended with 1,036,000. Overall, the end of the Young Bucks vs. Private Party and the Jericho interview, a segment that was the peak in a number of major markets, actually lost 44,000 viewers overall. Darby Allin vs. Jimmy Havoc lost 196,000 viewers. The women's tag match gained 58,000 viewers. Jon Moxley vs. Shawn Spears gained 27,000 viewers. And the main event and post-match angle gained 53,000 viewers.

Ouch @ losing 200k viewers for Darby vs. Havoc

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Congrats everyone, we did it

-2 stars for Seth/Fiend

Dave said:
The main event was perhaps the worst main event in pro wrestling history where the fault doesn't at all lie in either of the competitors. They worked hard. They didn't miss spots. They didn't work a boring style. But between the tinting of the visual, the overly long match, the babyface who the crowd was rejecting more-and-more and a finish that can't be explained, it'll likely win worst match of the year, in a year where Undertaker and Bill Goldberg seemed to have that clinched.

Oct 25, 2017
So here's a list of the 205 Live roster that isn't in the draft.

Ariya Daivari
Jack Gallagher
Mike Kanellis
Oney Lorcan
The Singhs
The Brian Kendrick
Tony Nese

Oney is probably staying in NXT, and Jack is probably heading to NXT UK. The rest I'm not sure about. Mike seems like someone they would of kept in the main roster so that's weird. Same with The Singhs, but maybe they're sending them down to NXT for more work. I could see Kendrick taking a backstage role, and I'm guessing Nese and Daivari are NXT bound

Oct 25, 2017
So here's a list of the 205 Live roster that isn't in the draft.

Ariya Daivari
Jack Gallagher
Mike Kanellis
Oney Lorcan
The Singhs
The Brian Kendrick
Tony Nese

Oney is probably staying in NXT, and Jack is probably heading to NXT UK. The rest I'm not sure about. Mike seems like someone they would of kept in the main roster so that's weird. Same with The Singhs, but maybe they're sending them down to NXT for more work. I could see Kendrick taking a backstage role, and I'm guessing Nese and Daivari are NXT bound

Going to NXT or NXT UK is the best for all these guys.

Oct 25, 2017
Mastiff/Williams on this weeks NXT UK is probably the weirdest fucking match I've seen on that show. I have no idea what they were going for with that match

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mastiff/Williams on this weeks NXT UK is probably the weirdest fucking match I've seen on that show. I have no idea what they were going for with that match
Since 205 is most likely shitcanned you should check out the festival de lucha show that was posted. Some top tier cruiserweight action and weird shit like 2 referees for some reason.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Just finished NWA Powerrr episode 1. That was way more compelling and better than it had any right to be. I think I've found my number two North American promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.