• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Its a hell of a lot easier to watch NXT, and AEW then to go to your local indie show, and your going to see significantly more talent.

Lets just put it this way

I thought AEW was going to debut at 2.7 million.

Maybe I should expand where I go to gauge fan interest.
Yeah. Maybe you should. I'm super excited about the product but I can separate from that to gauge interest.

this is not a time for perspective it is a time for hot takes

jfc read the room why don't ya
I can only read the tea leaves.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
If they want NXT to reach the youngins, they need to put the belt on someone who appeals to them. Someone... like

S62k.gif

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
New Japan Jon moxley vs Dean Ambrose is it a indictment on how we can't make cool people.
AEW already has made a legitimately cool new character in Darby Allin. Everything about him is awesome.

It's WWE that can't make cool people.

Hell, AEW is making 48 year old Chris Jericho seem pretty damn cool. Just give them some time. Roster still feels like it's in it's early stages as well.

HomokHarcos

Jul 11, 2018
Canada
Baseball did great numbers and hurt a lot of shows, AEW and NXT included

Expect the ratings to continue to be skewed for the rest of October due to the MLB Playoffs. Going to be difficult to get a steady state for ratings until after the playoffs are over
Especially since there's going to be a World Series game going head-to-head with Dynamite.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017

Interesting, they've split the people eligible to be drafted between the 2 shows. So only half the roster is available to be drafted tomorrow and the other half will be Monday.

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
The mainstream has no idea who the hell these guys are yet

Agreed but I think that AEW is featuring personalities/talent that will catch on and bring people to wrestling once folks become aware of them. Darby Allin will bring new people to wrestling. No one will start watching wrestling to see Adam Fucking Cole.

Moxley is pretty fucking cool. They should be featuring him more heavily as weeks go on.

Moxley needs a son/and or daughter on the AEW roster as soon as possible and to establish them as the cool as shit chaotic neutral trending toward good faction. I nominate Darby.

New Japan Jon moxley vs Dean Ambrose is it a indictment on how we can't make cool people.

A Heromanz take I can agree with. You can't make people cool. You can only inhibit or enable the opportunity to let them show what they already got. (Imagine if Austin Theory if had places to be Austin Theory other than Gabe's House of Co-option and ASMRNXT)

Aeon712

May 1, 2018

Interesting, they've split the people eligible to be drafted between the 2 shows. So only half the roster is available to be drafted tomorrow and the other half will be Monday.

Looking through that list the Street Profits have officially been called up. Some 205 live guys but not all and the only team Male or Female to be entered solo is Harper and Rowen.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed but I think that AEW is featuring personalities/talent that will catch on and bring people to wrestling once folks become aware of them. Darby Allin will bring new people to wrestling. No one will start watching wrestling to see Adam Fucking Cole.

Moxley needs a son/and or daughter on the AEW roster as soon as possible and to establish them as the cool as shit chaotic neutral trending toward good faction. I nominate Darby.

A Heromanz take I can agree with. You can't make people cool. You can only inhibit or enable the opportunity to let them show what they already got. (Imagine if Austin Theory if had places to be Austin Theory other than Gabe's House of Co-option and ASMRNXT)
WWE booking is to make everyone uncool.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looking through that list the Street Profits have officially been called up. Some 205 live guys but not all and the only team Male or Female to be entered solo is Harper and Rowen.
I figured street profits being on raw is for exposure before the actual call up. Glad every team besides one is sticking together. It's stupid to break people up for no reason.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
AEW already has made a legitimately cool new character in Darby Allin. Everything about him is awesome.

It's WWE that can't make cool people.

Hell, AEW is making 48 year old Chris Jericho seem pretty damn cool. Just give them some time. Roster still feels like it's in it's early stages as well.
With Vince at the top. Yeah it's tough. Pitching anything to him must be a nightmare.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Festival de lucha added the full pilot on the network. God damm wcw had the best stages, this opening with the mariachis and dancers is damm good. Show is 2 hours long.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017

Boy reading this list was an experience. It's been a really rough go of it for the Riott Squad. Remember when they broke them up for no fucking reason? It seems like Ruby's been out forever, do we have any idea on her return from injury? Sarah Logan had, by all accounts, a fucking barn burner of a feud with... uh Dana Brooke(?) on Main Event.

Remember how Liv Morgan was getting repackaged? DarkstarIV I haven't forgotten about back in August when you were complaining about Kairi and Asuka not being on tv and you seemed sure that Liv was going to get a push.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So why should fans do we care about the draft in kayfabe? Like why should anyone care who gets the first pick?

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Boy reading this list was an experience. It's been a really rough go of it for the Riott Squad. Remember when they broke them up for no fucking reason? It seems like Ruby's been out forever, do we have any idea on her return from injury? Sarah Logan had, by all accounts, a fucking barn burner of a feud with... uh Dana Brooke(?) on Main Event.

Remember how Liv Morgan was getting repackaged? DarkstarIV I haven't forgotten about back in August when you were complaining about Kairi and Asuka not being on tv and you seemed sure that Liv was going to get a push.
Which was strange because they were used a lot before they broke them up.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
zCfdAnmr.jpg

What a beauty of a set up. What the hell was this show for anyways? Supposed to air in mexico or something?

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
These refs are something else. This is the third time they clearly counted to 3 and pretend they didn't. Lol

God fuck prime Rey and juice in wcw are so quick and snappy. And konnan is the most over dude so far.

Last edited:

wonzo

Oct 25, 2017
nwa powerrr was real good. was weirdly refreshing to see cornette not being a shithead for once. with this and aew killing it on tv it feels good for the first time in forever to care about americans graps again after dropping nxt for what feels like forever ago

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't checked out Shudder in awhile. Apparently there are now shows on there based on Creepshow and Critters.

Well, goddamn. I know what I'm doing tonight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.