• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
It's on sale for like $5 on the eshop every fucking day so this makes sense

why aren't they making a sequel when it's probably their best selling remaster. Clearly there's a market

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I have no context, are these decent numbers for a HD remaster of a 15 year old fairly "cult" game?

I just hope it in some way leads to Viewtiful Joe 1&2.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Still really bummed about the Ace Attorney Xbox Sales.

Depressing for someone like me who was hoping for more there.
At least Xbox fans didn't shun Okami (Even if it's the lowest of all platforms, 100K+ isn't bad)

OP
OP

Deleted member 15360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have no context, are these decent numbers for a HD remaster of a 15 year old fairly "cult" game?

I just hope it in some way leads to Viewtiful Joe 1&2.

Sales are good as it has legs on all the platforms

Is this good or bad? Never played the game but people keep telling me it's a Zelda Clone.

Wouldn't mind playing a Zelda Clone with trophies, maybe I should wait for the ps5 re-remaster lol.

extremely good

nath999

May 7, 2018
Is this good or bad? Never played the game but people keep telling me it's a Zelda Clone.

Wouldn't mind playing a Zelda Clone with trophies, maybe I should wait for the ps5 re-remaster lol.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017

As a big Zelda fan, I've owned it on Wii and Switch and it's never really "grabbed" me in the same way a Zelda did. But I do need to go back to it in fairness.

why aren't they making a sequel when it's probably their best selling remaster. Clearly there's a market
"Why aren't they making a sequel to *Capcom game that isn't Monster Hunter/Resi/Street Fighter"?

Your guess is as good as mine. Also they did make Okamiden.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
That seems like really good sales - two generations past and with basically no marketing budget you manage to match the sales of the initial release on just one platform. Even if it is cheaper, it shows that there's definitely interest in the IP.

Does a sales breakdown like this exist for the DmC series?

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid

If your game is mostly sold at a discount, it can't be very ambitious. Sales are sales, yes, but that doesn't mean that people want a sequel. You can buy a game for a tenner, play it be "alright" and not want the sequeal.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Just fucking outsource a sequel to Platinum, already.

CAPCOM I NEED IT, PLEASE

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the source for those numbers is a 4chan thread. they're probably correct but i hope someone here with access to the leaked documents can confirm.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I haven't seen the breakdown for Ace Attorney, would you have a link ?

Switch - 462,395
PC - 245,339
PS4 - 103,235
Xbox - 4,821

545424642983198731.png

mazi Pranay The Okami Numbers are right

Last edited:

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks Jaw

In regards to AA, I dont think that game was suitable for Console due to controls.

Its perfect for mouse or handhelds or mobile
You say that but it sold more than 20 times better on PS4 vs Xbox.

It's just that these type of games don't have the demand over in Xbox.

sacrament

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
Still really bummed about the Ace Attorney Xbox Sales.

Depressing for someone like me who was hoping for more there.
At least Xbox fans didn't shun Okami (Even if it's the lowest of all platforms, 100K+ isn't bad)

Happens when you release games months/years after initial release or don't treat the release with parity.. it's a bummer but until something changes with japanese support for Xbox it seems a self-fulfilling situation.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Still my favourite figurine and still my favourite Zelda Clone in recent years.

iu

The sales numbers give me hope a sequel would be a thing in the upcoming years.

I have that figure ordered but the pandemic has stopped Japan Post from shipping it to me. They are waiting on easing of restrictions before they send it to me. :(

GeekyDad

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
USA
$10 is the cheapest Okami goes for atm.
www.dekudeals.com

Search - okami | Deku Deals

Find the deepest discounts on Switch, Playstation, or Xbox. Get alerted for the next big sale. From physical games to digital codes, never miss a deal with Deku Deals.
10$ is the lowest so far (50%). Unless he was talking about exploiting cheaper countries.
Anyway hyperbole as always, the game is on sale as often as any other capcom game.
No, buy it now, it never went for less than 9.99

Yeah, screw it. That's an awesome deal. Nabbing it now! :D

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Happens when you release games months/years after initial release or don't treat the release with parity.. it's a bummer but until something changes with japanese support for Xbox it seems a self-fulfilling situation.
Nah games were performing quite bad on Xbox on multiple attempts - GamePass saved MS because it allowed them to pay upfront for ports while minimizing the risk for japanese publishers and devs. Outside of the biggest japanese games ala From Software, Capcom, SE and co. still plenty of pubs skip the system because its less viable than PS,NSW and PC.

Again unless MS pays for it via GamePass it probably wont change too much. See how they got SE with paying for DQ, KH and FF - yet get left out for games like the Saga Remasters, Trials of Mana or Neo TWEWY - unless its GamePass or the AAA titles it doesnt seem to be worth the case.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Nah games were performing quite bad on Xbox on multiple attempts - GamePass saved MS because it allowed them to pay upfront for ports while minimizing the risk for japanese publishers and devs. Outside of the biggest japanese games ala From Software, Capcom, SE and co. still plenty of pubs skip the system because its less viable than PS,NSW and PC.

Again unless MS pays for it via GamePass it probably wont change too much. See how they got SE with paying for DQ, KH and FF - yet get left out for games like the Saga Remasters, Trials of Mana or Neo TWEWY - unless its GamePass or the AAA titles it doesnt seem to be worth the case.
Not sure what else can be expected after decades of neglect.

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
People not showing more support to games in Xbox is just preventing from more games to come to the platform, why is that? I now that there are less consoles distributed, but even then, the numbers are proportionally way lower.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure what else can be expected after decades of neglect.
Xbox consoles had alot of japanese content in the past just based on the fact that multiplattform development grew stronger with every generation - japanese devs/pubs not continuing with support when the sales dont back it up isnt really surprising. Those fans are usually on Playstation consoles and you cant really use the Nintendo excuse where many devs/pubs arent on the plattforms because they arent powerful to run the games or they are direct "confrontation" with Sony in Japan which prevents some to hit multiple systems.

Honestly, MHW was a massive success but looking at the Iceborne One sales....i wasnt too impressed with them - it often still feel that the games release also on Xbox, only to have a bargaining argument when it comes to talks with Sonys and the marketing deals. Again thats not the case for the real big hitters ala Dark Souls....but otherwise the market reception paint a clear picture.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Ace Attorney had parity on Xbox(outside of Japan).

Meanwhile the best selling version of Okami HD is the one that launched almost a year later and didn't receive a physical release outside of Japan.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Xbox consoles had alot of japanese content in the past just based on the fact that multiplattform development grew stronger with every generation - japanese devs/pubs not continuing with support when the sales dont back it up isnt really surprising. Those fans are usually on Playstation consoles and you cant really use the Nintendo excuse where many devs/pubs arent on the plattforms because they arent powerful to run the games or they are direct "confrontation" with Sony in Japan which prevents some to hit multiple systems.

Honestly, MHW was a massive success but looking at the Iceborne One sales....i wasnt too impressed with them - it often still feel that the games release also on Xbox, only to have a bargaining argument when it comes to talks with Sonys and the marketing deals. Again thats not the case for the real big hitters ala Dark Souls....but otherwise the market reception paint a clear picture.
I disagree with you completely.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
PC keeps winning and Capcom still ignores it.

Not sure what else they could really be adding onto PC that wouldn't be for other consoles as well at this point.
Though not giving DMC5 PC the Special Edition Content was odd. But I full believe that's due to not wanting to give it for free (Even though it would be expected). Much like why the RE7 VR for PC never happened.

People not showing more support to games in Xbox is just preventing from more games to come to the platform, why is that? I now that there are less consoles distributed, but even then, the numbers are proportionally way lower.

When things shifted from 360 to X1, a lot of the Japanese Support and consumers who wanted said Japanese support left for Playstation.
So now outside some exclusions and AAA titles, the general xbox consumer just isn't the type to be as interested. MS using game pass is going to be a large factor in that sort of content coming back to the platform if it fits outside the usual scope.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
That's some great numbers, right?

I rarely follow this kind of data, but is it normal for a remaster/remake to overtake the sales number of the original? I have a feeling that it's not.