DeadeyeNull

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 26, 2018
Okami is my all time favorite game. It's great to see so many people are playing it. I hope okamiden gets a release too one day

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
It's on sale for like $5 on the eshop every fucking day so this makes sense

why aren't they making a sequel when it's probably their best selling remaster. Clearly there's a market

games like this get sort of accounted as 'back catalogue' and is balanced more in a sort of BC bucket of revenue, so it's less about the IP itself being successful long tail and more 'company x has a XYZ % increase in back catalogue" and that's more contributable to healthy business practices and digital platform growth and etc than a measure of demand for Okami itself.

happens regular, those cheap sales and holiday sales can move a surprinsgily huge amount of raw units for games but no one really cares that much X amount of years later that the IP is still alive, healthy, in demand, etc

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
What's the best version to buy? I have a Switch but would prefer playstation.
Switch is the best but really only if you play undocked. Touchscreen totally changes the speed and accuracy of the celestial brush and as a result changes the way you play the game. It's as much of a game changer as IR was for RE4 imo.