crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
The Okami numbers are pretty good given how the original bombed. It's a classic example of a cherished game that everybody keeps telling you about on the internet, and thankfully it finally has found its audience. Even for Xbox the numbers are decent enough, I think. Don't forget this is the ecosystem that only had a playable version of it in late 2017.

Ace Attorney though, wow, rooooough numbers.

Deleted member 3196

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about Switch/PC still getting the games at all. Trilogy sales were definitely good enough and some other things that leaked.
Pretty sure it was said that a 4-6 collection was being planned to fill in a FY just no concrete date yet in reports. Would probably be used as a lead-in for when they nail down AA7

Xbox is definitely out of the picture though unless MS pays for ports on gamepass. Think PS4/5 would stay though just because.
That's all good to hear. I haven't been keeping up to date on the leaks too much but what you've put in spoiler tags is promising.

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020
Capcom has been investing in a multiplatform strategy for some time now and it's showing results according to their financials. They aren't going back to playing favorites now.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
It's such a good game, so good I bought it twice: PS2 and PC.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Crazy that ports of a 14 year old game sold TWICE as well on the Nintendo Switch as the PS2 and Wii versions did in their prime.

Last edited:

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Switch - 462,395
PC - 245,339
PS4 - 103,235
Xbox - 4,821

545424642983198731.png

mazi Pranay The Okami Numbers are right
Damn those Switch and PC numbers are great, no wonder Capcom is reviving the series

Holy fuck @ those Xbox sales though

Jun 22, 2019
I JUST re-bought it on Switch due to the sale (I had the PS2 and PS3 versions before). I feel like I crave a playthrough of this game once every 7 years or so.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I would really love a sequel. They even set it up at the end.

Okamiden continues the story somewhat, particularly a bit for Waka and Issun, and has a similar sequelhook. Unless and until they remake okamiden first, they've basically tied their hands because the story did already continue, but few seem to be aware of it (and the biggest fans won't be happy if you just ignore it).

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
I really loved Okami when I played it over Summer but didn't see the Zelda connection at all.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
People not showing more support to games in Xbox is just preventing from more games to come to the platform, why is that? I now that there are less consoles distributed, but even then, the numbers are proportionally way lower.
It's the audience microsoft has built on xbox, they didnt get that dudebro stereotype for nothing, even when they tried to build a better audience for Japanese publishers, their efforts were still overshadowed by what they promoted more, which is games like CoD and such

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Crazy that ports of a 14 year old game sold TWICE as well on the Nintendo Switch as the PS3 and Wii versions did in their prime.
Selling games for 10-20 bucks digital compared to trying to sell them for 50/60 physical is a big difference. Back then Okami was competing for shelve space with big games like GTA or Final Fantasy - they dont have that issue on digital can play around more with the prices.

I mean i get what you are saying anyway, it helps that Okami has somewhat of a timeless look.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Damn that's shocking. Switch version for best. Wow what a software beast the Switch is.

watham

Oct 30, 2017
Alabama, USA
Count me for one of the PS4 purchases. Never owned on PS2, but it was right there on PS4 and easily accessible. Think I ended up buying on Switch physical just because it was so good.

I'd insta-buy the prequel if they can find a way to port that as well. (^:

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Pleasantly surprised to see these numbers. 600K on Switch alone is amazing.

Ace Attorney numbers are also looking good.

Alent

"This guy are sick"
Oct 28, 2017
Bought it twice on PS2 and once on Switch. Fantastic game, glad to see it's doing well on multiple platforms.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
The Xbox One platform in general didn't have the market-leader performance of something like the PS4, the broad accessibility of PC, or the super active user base of something like the Switch. That said, when a game/franchise is unavailable for an extended window, and then ends up a late arrival (either relative to other ports, or simply series-wise), it's not shocking that you see it underperform. That putting aside other factors like frequent heavy discounts on some platforms but not others. I'm actually relatively impressed by the Okami remaster numbers, but Ace Attorney? Woof.

MegaApple

Jun 20, 2020
India
From the leaks - @Credits mazi

Switch - 600K
PC - 536K
PS3 - 529K
PS4 - 445K
X1 - 121K

BOW DOWN TO THE GODDESS, BABY!

As a person growing on Indian mythology (but no representation in gaming), I found it really surprised by a few parallels (demigods and demons doing oopsies) and delightful at how playful Clover studio was with their own mythology (I know it's been done since manga originated).

Playing it last year, the game holds up incredibly well. Secrets are hidden like a good metroidvania but visible just enough that "you'll need an ability later" thought pops in the mind. And each zone feels distinct from one another.

Not only its artstyle, it's animations are amazing and have great charm to them.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
There's the idea that niche Japanese games have not done enough to build an audience on Xbox, which I am somewhat sympathetic to. But then there's Ace Attorney selling less than 1% of copies on Xbox which just means there isn't any potential for that franchise on the platform. Surprised that Capcom didn't try to get AAT onto Game Pass for console. (Or maybe they did try...)

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
It's on sale for like $5 on the eshop every fucking day so this makes sense

why aren't they making a sequel when it's probably their best selling remaster. Clearly there's a market

Must be a cost/benefit thing, also there's the issue the original developers are no longer at Capcom.

The weird numbers here are PS4. I can't imagine playing Ace Attorney on TV

Eh, I bought it for Switch and played it docked for the most part, I don't see the issue.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
I bought the game on wii first and then switch. I only managed to beat the game this year. Awesome game, but a bit long tbh. A Zelda game all but in name.

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017
Switch is specially amazing considering its late release and digital only outside of Japan. I've doubledipped already.
Hopefully Capcom lets Kamiya and Nakamura do the sequel.

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this is good since many of those consumers aren't double dipping. I got it on PS4 and loved every second.

id imagine a sequel, with a smaller budget of course, could do well and move 1M+ on Switch/PC/PS4.

Zero83

Oct 29, 2017
Oslo
Great numbers. It's a shame the Onimusha remaster apperently bombed, and I wonder why Capcom haven't remastered the Viewtiful Joe-games.

Lydecker

Aug 13, 2020
What's the best version to buy? I have a Switch but would prefer playstation.

I 've never played the Switch version but hrom what I've read from people that have both versions, is that they prefer the Switch version because of the touch controls.

All I can say from the PS4 version is that it looks very, very good on a 4K screen when playing on a Pro.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
There's the idea that niche Japanese games have not done enough to build an audience on Xbox, which I am somewhat sympathetic to. But then there's Ace Attorney selling less than 1% of copies on Xbox which just means there isn't any potential for that franchise on the platform. Surprised that Capcom didn't try to get AAT onto Game Pass for console. (Or maybe they did try...)

I think there's always a chance, but I do think with Xbox it needs to be tailored differently. As said, AAT being on Gamepass would've likely meant a slightly different story.

Similar to say Yakuza LaD just dropping on Xbox vs having 0-2 pop up before hand.

It'll definitely never be the platform with the most sales for more niche genre content though. But you could definitely foster a committed fanbase.