• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite Villain Cover

• Volume 21

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Volume 42

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Volume 77

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Volume 87

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
The drop-off in quality between gen 5 and 6 will always be baffling to me.

The series still hasn't recovered from that imo.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Gen 5 is good. I respect it.

Gen 4 is trash. Forever trash. No remake will save it.

Azure J

Oct 25, 2017
Bunch of mumbo jumbo seen as high art I'd say but what do I know gen V my favorite 🚶🏾‍♂️

Wait, who we gotta jump?

Gen 5 best. 8 slowly growing on me though.

Edit: This is hard but:

5 - Overall package. Great region, new Pokemon, gimmicks (Hidden Abilities pogchamp), M U S I C is blissful, really fun story, characters all felt like characters
7 - Excellent region, great music (barely missing Gen 5's highs), really liked the Pokemon but the number felt a bit low
6 - Interestingly, Kalos region was super mid story and region wise, but the mechanical changes and the strongest set of new Pokemon in a while keep this high up in my ranks. Can I get an eternal F in the chat for megas? Gone entirely too soon. ;___;
2 - You really couldn't do better than these games back in the time period they released.
1 - The one that started everything. Still have good memories of being the kid playing Red version with a Blastoise. A lot of favs here but definitely feel like the franchise has moved on for the better.
3 - Worst region. The original hard breakup with the series for me over the idea that I couldn't take my favs from the old games with me or re-catch them to use in this context until the Gen 1 remakes happened (and I still couldn't because this was prime broke child with differing priorities [entering high school/ending middle school] hours), despite having a fantastic set of starters, I never really found a lot of Pokemon in this region as favorites. Despite this, I put a fuckload of time into this game (trying to convince myself that "it's Pokemon! I'll like it eventually!") and did enjoy its music a lot.

Not played: Gen 4. I was super burned by Gen 3 and skipped it outside of dabbling in some HeartGold my brother got right before gen 5 kicked in. Off the strength of that alone though, I'd put it like maybe above 2 below 6 in my list.

Last edited:

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing was too bad from that interview.
I think the (from a twitter thread I saw on it)
At the end of Wano, the One Piece itself will be revealed and we can see its physical appearance

is pretty big since there was a bunch of theories on if
it really was a physical thing or not

Edit: Actually I looked more into it and it was a mis translation instead it could be or in relation to it

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
I think the (from a twitter thread I saw on it)
At the end of Wano, the One Piece itself will be revealed and we can see its physical appearance

is pretty big since there was a bunch of theories on if
it really was a physical thing or not

Edit: Actually I looked more into it and it was a mis translation instead it could be or in relation to it
This is the bit:

- According to Oda, Wano arc is a story which is
heavily related to the final chapter
of OP. Naito says this flashbacks of Wano will handle the legendary adventure of Roger. Wano is the most important arc that will be related to the biggest secret about "What is ONE PIECE (as a treasure)?"

- The interviewer is shocked to hear those words and asks Naito if it would be OK to publish this interview on the internet. Naito replies that Oda already approved those words.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
I caught up on this series just in time for a bunch of flashbacks!

source.gif

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
honestly I don't really care to put the pokemon gens in order

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
The new One Piece Magazine will be released on December 13, 2019. There will be some information on One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 and a focus on the staff of the animated Wano Kuni. As a bonus, there will be Sanji's bounty poster.

A new series of novels will begin, entitled "One Piece novel heroines". The first will be centered on Nami. We had a preview of the cover a few weeks ago.

EJ6q4bTWkAAxOcO

Aside from that, we'll have some info and pictures on Yomi Yomi no Mi from Brook and Kage Kage no Mi from Moria. Oda drew a new "dream illustration".

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
honestly I don't really care to put the pokemon gens in order
At the end of the day, all of them are still very fun and enjoyable games, the only one of the main games I might actually call bad are X and Y imo.

I think after being ignored for a potential improvement like a pokemon Z or whatever, those games will forever be the black sheep of the franchise, at least to me.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
At the end of the day, all of them are still very fun and enjoyable games, the only one of the main games I might actually call bad are X and Y imo.

I think after being ignored for a potential improvement like a pokemon Z or whatever, those games will forever be the black sheep of the franchise, at least to me.
Diamond and Pearl are the least fun to actually play because of how slow they are imo

OP
OP
Reyes
The new One Piece Magazine will be released on December 13, 2019. There will be some information on One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 and a focus on the staff of the animated Wano Kuni. As a bonus, there will be Sanji's bounty poster.

A new series of novels will begin, entitled "One Piece novel heroines". The first will be centered on Nami. We had a preview of the cover a few weeks ago.

EJ6q4bTWkAAxOcO

Aside from that, we'll have some info and pictures on Yomi Yomi no Mi from Brook and Kage Kage no Mi from Moria. Oda drew a new "dream illustration".

Cool hopefully its a success and we get more stories

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
I absolutely love gen 8 so far

I'm 5 gyms in

One thing i noticed, there are way more gen 5 pokemon than anything else lol

Status
Not open for further replies.