• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
I disconnected right at the start of my latest ranked match through no fault of my own and I was support. The amount of time to get back in the match is long and stressful. After a thrown first round, we still won!

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Damn maintenance is 12 hours over the scheduled end mark on PS4. And we won't even get to enjoy the benefits of cross-play until who knows when. Maybe never.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Finished that 160k DMG in a single match challenge today. Of course it was with Vivian.
I thought that it's going to be hard but it wasn't. Plus i did it in a casual match with only one tank, Fernando in the enemy team. I did 175k, honestly i was shocked.

I only have Top Play with 6 different champions left. And i have a feeling that this won't be easy since i don't even play some of the champions that are required.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
So the latest patch (1.9) was datamined for future skins and whatnot.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Paladins/comments/a4bxqi/paladins_19_datamining_new_skins_and_stuff/

Two more skins for Jenos.
Jenos who is a year and a half old and was already given three epic skins this year.

Meanwhile Barik, who has been in since the beta (over 3 years), has precisely two epic skins (one exclusive to Steam/PC), and hasn't received a single new skin of any sort since September 2017. Nothing here either.

Yes I'm a little cranky >:(
At least Kinessa gets something.

Also, hope you liked the futuristic skins in this battlepass, 'cause it looks like there's a whole lot more techy stuff on the way.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
so yaeh I guess buying the deluxe edition for the battle pass 2was probably a waste, I wont get to lvl 50 as I've pretty much stopped playing recently due to a family member in the hospital kinda turning my life upside down (actually not playing much of anything except switch stuff that I can carry with me). Should have stuck with just the champion pack really, oh well. At least I got some mounts out of it.

MrGab

Oct 25, 2017
so yaeh I guess buying the deluxe edition for the battle pass 2was probably a waste, I wont get to lvl 50 as I've pretty much stopped playing recently due to a family member in the hospital kinda turning my life upside down (actually not playing much of anything except switch stuff that I can carry with me). Should have stuck with just the champion pack really, oh well. At least I got some mounts out of it.

Play it on Switch.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Dang, so with the cross-progression implementation next month, codes will only work on a single platform. It used to be that codes could be used once on PC, once on PS4, and once on Xbox/Switch (these were shared for some reason). Made it great for giveaways and spreading the love, but it looks like I'll actually have to pay for skins from here on. Phooey.

Also, apparently they're looking into reworking Moji from Flank to Support. Sounds interesting.

Almost finished the Encore battle pass (the one I was probably going to skip, yes). The level 91 challenges are tough. One requires 300,000 combined healing and damage in a single match. I think I might just get some friends on and grind it out in a training Siege match.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I need Imani in the game. It feels like they announced her months ago.

I am excited about 2.01 preview in 3 days, mostly because of all the balance changes. It should be interesting.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
reworking Moji into support? Would love that, it's my favorite design in the game, but Im horrible with flankers.

Eterno

Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
Any Switch players here? Has anyone found a fix for the bug where the game will crash as soon as the game starts (when you arrive at the talent selection screen)? I will crash every four or five games, though it's really random. Trying to note down which maps it happens on just in case. It's really annoying because by the time I get back in the game, which takes a good 4-5 mins, the team is already losing. My theory is that it gotta do with gyro controls, I have them activated and problems appeared with that patch. I informed Hi-Rez but no feedback so far.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Any Switch players here? Has anyone found a fix for the bug where the game will crash as soon as the game starts (when you arrive at the talent selection screen)? I will crash every four or five games, though it's really random. Trying to note down which maps it happens on just in case. It's really annoying because by the time I get back in the game, which takes a good 4-5 mins, the team is already losing. My theory is that it gotta do with gyro controls, I have them activated and problems appeared with that patch. I informed Hi-Rez but no feedback so far.

I'm a Switch player but haven't really dived in hard in a month or so so i haven't come across that issue.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Du4K0nWW4AARmV_.jpg:large

Du4KJ8EXQAAtKS5.jpg:large

Du4Lib3XcAMG7Lk.jpg:large

Furia skin... holy shit! I am more than impressed.
Also Imani looks fucking amazing.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
So update 2.01 is going to be preeeeeetty dramatic:

https://www.paladins.com/news/2-01-update-notes-fire-and-ice

Some of my favorite talents dying :(

I'm very interested in how this is going to shift the meta.

And dammit, they've gated the ranked skin behind 200 ranked games played. That's gonna take a whole week of my life with all the waiting and bullshittery. The season pass doesn't look particularly enticing either. $40 for a skin, mount, some crystals, and some basic sounding cosmetics/shortcuts for 2019s new champions. No battlepasses included.

Beyond that, it looks all right I guess. Supposedly putting a stronger focus on polishing the game.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Players from PC, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch will be part of the same matchmaking pool in Quickplay

Players may opt-out of cross-play. However, players will find higher quality matches, more quickly, by leaving cross-play matchmaking enabled.

Ranked will match-make players of the same input method

Set your Input Method and Preferences in Settings

We are technically ready to support cross-play on other platforms as the opportunity arises.

I'm not thrilled about pc-console crossplay.

But the last line is rather familiar.

inb4 it's not sony's fault, it is

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I'm on the Switch.

There is a circle w/arrow icon on a bunch of Champion's faces in the Champion screen. What does that mean? Tried looking around but had no luck.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Dear Switch players.

I'd like to remind you all that if the mode is "Siege" you're supposed to stay in the circle and then push the payload in order to win; it's not a deathmatch (if you want that, you can play only those types of games).

I'm saying this after three ranked matches lost because i was the only one in my team trying to make points, while the enemies were all in the middle ready to fuck me all the time, and my teammates were essentially only trying to make kills or exploring the map and enjoying the scenery .-.

Thank you.

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
Under training it seems there is no longer an option on Switch to simply practice the new characters moves. Where did they move the training ground?

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
Battle passes, season passes that have nothing to do with the battle passes. Calm down, Hi Rez. Making it so expensive to get everything usually means players end up not bothering to get anything. That's where I am right now.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I'm considering getting the season pass. Here's how I break it down 1500 gems already cost $24.99 in the US. There are 6 battle passes this year and even if I only buy half I'm going to be spending that much and a little more from the logins. Part of the battle pass cost is covered for me. For an extra $15 you're getting the limited skins (usually the best ones) and voice packs for these new characters. The voice packs for 6 new characters (if you have the founder's pack it doesn't matter I think on this front) you'd have to spend $15 to get the gems to buy those if you want. Same down the line if these skins get put in chest and you have to pray to the RNG gods that you get them.That cost can be unknown. It's why I like the deal of the day offerings. I rather spend money on that and instead of gambling with the chest via gems and this pass seems closer to those deals.

I agree getting the battle passes in the season pass was good but that's like buying an opportunity to get something cause you still needed to play and get the experience to unlock things where as this one I see it as buying something for certain. I know I'm getting these things and not just the chance to grind to get them.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Have you seen Imani's? It's literally just a white recolor of her default. The gold-purchasable one is more interesting.
The Warder is just a slight recolor with no hair. I like the Snowdrift one better. I like the Storm (X-men) vibe it gives off. Let's be honest they're all recolors unless there is a specific theme. More often then not for me anyway the limited ones have been the better ones and that's true in this case as well for me.

Last edited:

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I really, really like Imani and her playstyle a lot. She is very interesting character. But i am not a fan of her Ultimate, it just feels... out of the place, it's really weird.

Btw. there are SO MANY bugs in Fire & Ice, i don't even know where to start. They had so much time and did literally nothing. Game is so, so bugged.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know how to create a party of Xbox AND pc users? Not party chat, but so that we are all in the same in game party so that we can all play on the same team?

We have 3 of us on Xbox and one on pc. We've all got hi Res accounts and linked our Xbox and steam accounts to them.

From the Xbox interface, in the social tab, we can't find the pc player to add him as an in game friend.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Chackan oh ok, we all spent awhike googling and trying to find any updates, and couldn't. Hence my random question here.

Hopefully it comes out soon, paladins seems like a fun team shooter.