• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
i'm at work during saturday. fuck me
Confirmed:
-New Paradox Studio game
-HoI4 expansion
-Stellaris expansion

Other likely stuff:
-AoW:Planetfall expansion
-I:R expansion
-EU4 expansion
-Empire of Sin release date
-Battletech stuff
-"Architect" franchise announcement (From Prison Architect)

Unconfirmed:
-Halo tanks

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Gosh, seeing it all lined up like that, Paradox might just be my favourite publisher right now. What a ways they've come in only a few short years.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Does EGS have modding stuff yet? I'm not expecting anything on the scale of Steam Workshop but moddability has been a big thing in Paradox games.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Does EGS have modding stuff yet? I'm not expecting anything on the scale of Steam Workshop but moddability has been a big thing in Paradox games.

There was a whole discussion on twitter about that and Paradox is trying to push the modding through their own launcher/tools instead of that in future anyhow. Which makes the whole exclusivity thing even crazier since why not to buy the game directly from Paradox Plaza and use their launcher if you change from Steam anyway. There's 0 incentive to go with EGS.

Anyhow, Basileus777 is right, waiting 1 year is not that bad considering their recent launches.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
There was a whole discussion on twitter about that and Paradox is trying to push the modding through their own launcher/tools instead of that in future anyhow. Which makes the whole exclusivity thing even crazier since why not to buy the game directly from Paradox Plaza and use their launcher if you change from Steam anyway. There's 0 incentive to go with EGS.

Anyhow, Basileus777 is right, waiting 1 year is not that bad considering their recent launches.
Even funnier is that their own launcher seems to have broken some of the modding stuff and that Surviving the Aftermath wont be for purchase in Paradox Store.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Confirmed:
-New Paradox Studio game
-HoI4 expansion
-Stellaris expansion

Other likely stuff:
-AoW:Planetfall expansion
-I:R expansion
-EU4 expansion
-Empire of Sin release date
-Battletech stuff
-"Architect" franchise announcement (From Prison Architect)

Unconfirmed:
-Halo tanks
I don't miss E3 which has almost 0 interesting anouncements to me but i miss this. /sigh
Fingers crossed for DLC/more content for prison architect. I have like 200h in that game.
I mean the new stuff will all be EGS Exclusive for a year so.
if this happens i'd be extremely glad i missed the conference.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh, I dont think they will have any other EGS exclusive game announcement just for PDXCon. There is a reason they announced Surviving the Aftermath and Stellaris: Halo Stolen Assets before PDXCon. They arent Blizzard and know they cant anger their fanbase when they are in a fan event.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Tbh, I dont think they will have any other EGS exclusive game announcement just for PDXCon. There is a reason they announced Surviving the Aftermath and Stellaris: Halo Stolen Assets before PDXCon. They arent Blizzard and know they cant anger their fanbase when they are in a fan event.
yeah that makes sense. I hope surviving aftermath is as good as mars, i enjoy it a lot.
Stellaris: ringworld combat evolved is super disappointing

Deleted member 58961

Banned
Aug 2, 2019

I've had EGS mostly as a curiosity to keep a list of what Tencent funds to be given away free given they pay the devs; but I've not noticed the client change at all. I think it's mostly web based which would excuse why it hasn't noticeably asked me to update, but still, everything seems as void and empty as ever.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
If anyone owns Stellaris on GOG, can you check the Available Upgrades on the game's library page? A couple of people on Reddit seem to have unannounced DLC content showing up but I don't know how reliable it is or if it's even still up. There doesn't appear to be anything on the game's store page.

Could be fake, but you never know.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone owns Stellaris on GOG, can you check the Available Upgrades on the game's library page? A couple of people on Reddit seem to have unannounced DLC content showing up but I don't know how reliable it is or if it's even still up. There doesn't appear to be anything on the game's store page.

Could be fake, but you never know.
They will announce a new Stellaris DLC tomorrow, and looking at the time since the last DLC, I wouldnt be surprised if it launches in December before the winter sales. Also cna you share pics? Just Spoiler them

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
They will announce a new Stellaris DLC tomorrow, and looking at the time since the last DLC, I wouldnt be surprised if it launches in December before the winter sales. Also cna you share pics? Just Spoiler them

Here's the screenshot on Reddit:
d0pqjk8l99t31.png

Again, take it with a grain of salt, that's why I wanted others to check.

There was another screenshot from a different user several hours before this one, showing only the latter item.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the screenshot on Reddit:
d0pqjk8l99t31.png

Again, take it with a grain of salt, that's why I wanted others to check.
I wouldnt be surprised if they are real or fake, as they are clearly some of the stuff that the Stellaris team has pretty much said they were gonna do in the near future:
One of the biggest things they want to redo was Federation and include a UN type organization, as well as rework diplomacy. I wouldnt be suprised if the next DLC is a complete rework of deplomacy and spionage.

On the other DLC, one of the big examples of what the new (in 2.2) changes on pop consumption was the ability to easily have species that do not use food but minerals to survive.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Any guesses on the new Paradox game? Do people think its CK3? or a brand new IP? I'm hoping for a game that bridges HOI to Stellaris. If not that, then maybe a fantasy grand strategy?

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Any guesses on the new Paradox game? Do people think its CK3? or a brand new IP? I'm hoping for a game that bridges HOI to Stellaris. If not that, then maybe a fantasy grand strategy?
My original guess was a fantasy grand strategy, back when I thought Wiz was working on it (he left Stellaris after 2.2 to focus on developing a new game). They saw the success of Stellaris and branching out of the more historical base has been a pretty big hit, so reworking on Runemaster (their cancelled fantasy game) by Wiz.
However, when they said they would talk more about it and it wasnt Wiz, it changed my idea. The entire video, with a medieval armor and weapon makes me think CK3, which also helps due to the radio silence for a while from CK2 devs.

Otherwise, I can see them making a "i cant believe it isnt Victoria" game.

Edit: Here is the tweet

I'm hoping for an East vs West revival.
They said after March of the Eagles and Sengokku they wouldnt focus on smaller games. Also, their inability to make compelling diplomacy is not a good look for a game like that.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Would it really be smaller? I'm not hoping for a literal revival, but a Cold War era full-scale grand strategy game has appeal.
True, still I dont believe Paradox has the chops for a pure political grand strategy. That has always been the weakest point from their games (and IRL they said they have no idea how to make it more compelling).

Oct 25, 2017
True, still I dont believe Paradox has the chops for a pure political grand strategy. That has always been the weakest point from their games (and IRL they said they have no idea how to make it more compelling).

Combine the cold war politics with a CK2 level character focus. You're not playing as a specific nation, but an individual character trying to advance politically and spread your ideology both at home and abroad.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The heavy emphasis on internal politics, diplomacy, and economic manipulation that a Cold War game would require would make it easily their most wildly ambitious title to date. I think they're probably going to try to win back the crowd (to the extent that they've lost them, anyway) with a Vicky 3 announcement.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So with the huge sale I am thinking of completing my DLC collection for Crusader kings II and either EUIV or Stellaris or alternative getting Hearts of Iron IV and some DLC. Which should I do?

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
So with the huge sale I am thinking of completing my DLC collection for Crusader kings II and either EUIV or Stellaris or alternative getting Hearts of Iron IV and some DLC. Which should I do?
I would advise against bothering with HOI4. The game has been a mess from the getgo and they'll never manage to fix it.

The Hearts of Iron franchise is kind of cursed, the 2nd game is still probably the best of the lot. Trying to make it a sandbox game has never worked.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Agh, Nordic timezones. I was sitting here twelve hours ago thinking, "aw yiss the Stellaris reveals must be happening soon."

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Agh, Nordic timezones. I was sitting here twelve hours ago thinking, "aw yiss the Stellaris reveals must be happening soon."
Nordic timezones? More like proper mainland Europe timezones. Not my problem that you live in a part of the world that doesnt matter!!

This is supposed to be a joke

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I'm watching the live stream and this is putting me asleep. on Twitch lol

They are doing an exercise where they want suggestions of what franchises they want them to do. Not sure if they are stalling for time or what..