Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Im sad that people keep saying "doesnt exist a good men in this world"

Yes, it exist. Plenty.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Horribly depressing. He wasn't just a major scientific figure, he was a major black figure in a field that has been severely lacking in such. No doubt young black men and women were inspired to pursue the sciences in part because of him.

Admittedly he always came off as an ass but I thought he was at least clean.

Are there truly no good men in this wretched world of ours?
We're responsible for all the world's problems, with our bottomless chase for money and orgasms. Testosterone was a mistake.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
My dude the idolization of notable individuals is an impulse as old as humanity itself. It's an inextricable part of being social animals. There's nothing weird or unprecedented about it.

America has always gone way harder on hero worship though. Probably more noticeable from the Netherlands, given how we're very much the opposite in that regard.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So who is the next big Black scientist? There has to be someone between NDS and Kyrie Irving right???
America has always gone way harder on hero worship though. Probably more noticeable from the Netherlands, given how we're very much the opposite in that regard.
Zwarte Piet gets too much celeb worship lol.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Oh boy. Neil... Can't believe it. I binge watched so many of his videos/interviews on Youtube.

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
Maaan, that's messed up. I'm disappointed.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised though. One time I was listening to a StarTalk podcast, and they stopped to talk about how hot one of the guests was. She was a scientist there to talk about her work.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Pathetic. But you know what I don't give a shit who it is or how likable they are today. If you assault a woman, no matter how long ago, you deserve to be exposed. The only question then is how you respond to it.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
EXCLUSIVE: Famous astrophysicist/TV personality Neil deGrasse Tyson has come under scrutiny as two more women have accused the Cosmos host of sexual misconduct. In light of the new allegations, the networks and producers behind the Emmy-winning Cosmos reboot are vowing to look into the matter.

"We have only just become aware of the recent allegations regarding Neil deGrasse Tyson," the two networks said in a statement to Deadline. "We take these matters very seriously and we are reviewing the recent reports."

https://deadline.com/2018/11/cosmos...new-sexual-misconduct-allegations-1202512147/

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Another for the piece of trash pile.

Can we not do the "there are no good men in the world" thing though? That's just as bad as the other shitty, out of place bile being posted in this thread.

Relic

Oct 28, 2017
-Anyone else gets accused of sexual misconduct-
Most of ResetEra: believe women. Bye.

-Science icon gets accused of sexual misconduct-
Most of ResetEra: Oh no. I hope it's not true. Innocent until proven guilty.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit. Is it so difficult to act properly?

I wonder how much you waited to post this kind of shit. Props to you for this deep analysis.

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I wonder how much you waited to post this kind of shit. Props to you for this deep analysis.

He is wrong about that exact statement but he isn't wrong about the greater point. Just look at the post count (and media presence at large) between sexual assault from beloved celebrities and everyone else - Cristiano Ronaldo being one of the big recent examples.

The silence is defeaning.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018

That's not true. Look at the 6ix9ine thread. We've got folks happy to defend the honor of non-scientist rapists too

Arebours

Oct 27, 2017
It is weird to look up to someone you don't even know. Just bc it's a popular thing throughout time doesn't mean it ain't weird. At the end of the day, you don't know these mofos.
Well, you look up to the idea / ideal of that person and I don't find that weird. If anything I think it's necessary for the progress of society.

Deleted member 4274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was gonna post this last nite but decided against it. One of my friends got it from a Facebook group and put me On to the story. Then I rushed to ERA and was about to post it until I couldn't find it anywhere else on google. Then I took a look at the website.

Edit: should have checked google today. WHEW!

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018
Awful, and good on the victims for speaking out. This needs to be exposed so that these horrible acts are known to have some sort of consequence, no matter who you are.

We can only hope that upcoming generations will do better and be held accountable.

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man this is so fucking disappointing. NDT literally got me into science and hooked on learning everything I possibly can and being informed in general.

Can't have any heros nowadays

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Forgive me for the delayed response, I'm just trying to figure out why you even bothered to type this and click send seeing as how I obviously wasn't claiming it is a doxx but you seem to have read my comment that way. That, or you're saying a Doxx that's revealed to be a doxx via evidence isn't the happiest outcome? So you'd rather it be revealed to be a truthful incident in which an innocent person WAS raped and a once beloved Astrophysycist who was contributing to improving scientific literacy falls from grace? I get where you're coming from, but c'mon dudes, miss me with that faux moral superiority shit. Either that or get better at judging what someone's saying before typing a reply. Thanks.

that's not what doxx means, my dude

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Forgive me for the delayed response, I'm just trying to figure out why you even bothered to type this and click send seeing as how I obviously wasn't claiming it is a doxx but you seem to have read my comment that way. That, or you're saying a Doxx that's revealed to be a doxx via evidence isn't the happiest outcome? So you'd rather it be revealed to be a truthful incident in which an innocent person WAS raped and a once beloved Astrophysycist who was contributing to improving scientific literacy falls from grace? I get where you're coming from, but c'mon dudes, miss me with that faux moral superiority shit. Either that or get better at judging what someone's saying before typing a reply. Thanks.

I bothered to type it because that isn't what doxing is and your post didn't make sense at all.

HaL64

Nov 3, 2017
Has Neil ever commented on the #metoo movement at all? It would be interesting to hear what he has said.

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Patheos is not a Sunday gossip journal, it's pretty reputable and a good website that covers religion in modern life. But I suppose denial is rhe first step.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol. I'm getting the feeling you really hate men
Naw, I don't. I just dislike the societal problems which our kind is largely responsible for. We're involved in too much dumb ape shit and there's no stopping that train.

It doesn't help either that men fight tooth and nail with their resistance to giving women at least a modicum of respect. I know too many women in my family and circle of friends that have been violated at some point.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sigh, nothing surprises me anymore.

More trash to the ignore pile.

Hope that every woman who suffered here gets at least a semblance of justice and closure.

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
Damn Neil; all that intelligence and you don't know your boundaries around women...fuck man....

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Frustrating to hear, but given his friendship with Krauss I'm not entirely surprised.

Sagan still a Saint, right?