• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DuppoloGAF

Oct 28, 2017
If I play a game through gamepas and then I buy steam version one year from now, can I use my game pass saves?

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Why I receive a message saying I need to partecipate in this thread to enter? I'm pretty sure I did more than five posts here?

Deleted member 10549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im little behind when it comes to Halo on PC. Does it support cross-play between Steam and Xbox? I would love to play it with my brother

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Yep the gaming side anime thread.
2naZKx3.jpg

honeytrap

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Is there any difference between the MS Store (GamePass) version of MCC and the STEAM version, beyond the fact installing to another drive in STEAM is 1000x easier?

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't these games been rebuilt, so the vista version control issues might be long gone

Yeah I'm not expecting it to be as egregious but it'll still be interesting to see. Can't imagine how difficult it must be to balanced the game for both controls. Especially since the games were built with controllers-only in mind.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of cool seeing people get excited for Halo again :)

Gives me those old timey feels

Oct 25, 2017
If I play a game through gamepas and then I buy steam version one year from now, can I use my game pass saves?
There will be an online record of levels you have beaten that will transfer, but mid-mission checkpoints will not transfer over.

Is there any difference between the MS Store (GamePass) version of MCC and the STEAM version, beyond the fact installing to another drive in STEAM is 1000x easier?
You can only use mods in the Steam version.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Have absolutely zero idea where the last episode of Life is Strange 2 is going to go narratively so super excited yet nervous to start it once the download is over.

Least the broken wall image used for the teaser was great

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Nope. In theory the game should be also kinda crossplay between all platforms: when you unlock achievements on XBox if you log into your account while on Steam achievements should pop on Steam too, and you'll have the same progression (ie chapters unlocked) between all platforms.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
We doing sale hauls now? This must be least I spent on games on sale:

PNeaLcJ.png

(saving for index)

Also retired my GTX 970 finally, so it's not like I spent less.

Went with RTX 2080, should be good enough for 1080p60.

It's huge

E3696B4F67BE5662F21ECA9B5E7EC6A29111EB85

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
You know I'm actually most excited to play ODST, whenever they get around to that one.
Still, I've only played through 1-3 and Halo Wars (which is the best Halo game) so I think I'll play Reach too, eventually.

Couldn't care less about the multiplayer though.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
I played a bunch of Halo 1-3 back in the day, but never Reach, so it'll be nice to check that out eventually. Still get warm feelings thinking of some of those Halo CE maps. The size of them, and the ways you could go about things, depending on what weapons you picked up.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Awesome giveaway!
So for it to not spam, does anyone remember how the points on the summer sales worked?
I bought the index, and iirc I still get points.

Deleted member 15476

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In other news hell froze over and Tomb Raider grids for I, II and AoD were updated. I guess that makes it the official ranking for the series.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
favorite nerd club pc era activities:

daily 10 minutes hate of tim sweeney

hating on anime

worshipping chloe price

tell all your friends about us!

Deleted member 13148

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to trying Halo for the first time. I played the demo for the original on PC, but that's about all I've tried.
Also retired my GTX 970 finally, so it's not like I spent less.

Went with RTX 2080, should be good enough for 1080p60.

It's huge
Heh, I'm about to retire my GTX 970 as well. It's been great, and lasted much longer than I had originally planned. My RTX 2070 Super should arrive today, which should be enough for my needs for a while at least.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Is this the first Xbox game studios game that ISNT play anywhere? That's kinda shitty.
It's kinda Play Anywhere: you have the same progression between all platforms, but let's say if you play on XBox and save mid chapter 2 and pick the game up on PC, you won't be able to simply play from where you left on console, but you will need to restart from the last unlocked segment. At least this is what Microsoft told back in days.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
I customised my Xcom 2 characters. I am ready to be heartbroken when they die and to save scum to save their lives.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Im little behind when it comes to Halo on PC. Does it support cross-play between Steam and Xbox? I would love to play it with my brother
Yes Edit: NO, but they are looking at it and might come in the future.
I did not know this thread was a thing, lol
You know, this is only a monthly topic that often gets into 40+ pages and is most of the time in the first page of Gaming in Era. Hard to see for anyone.

So all the new people can get 5 posts.
Not a good answer imho.

Last edited:

The Cellar Letters

lmayo
Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda Play Anywhere: you have the same progression between all platforms, but let's say if you play on XBox and save mid chapter 2 and pick the game up on PC, you won't be able to simply play from where you left on console, but you will need to restart from the last unlocked segment. At least this is what Microsoft told back in days.
I mean play anywhere as in if you bought it on Xbox, you own it on windows 10. I bought it day 1 on Xbox :/

Oct 25, 2017
"Play Anywhere" refers to you being able to buy the game on Xbox One and getting the Windows 10 version as well. This is not the case with Halo.

Microsoft Store is terrible anyway so it's not really a big loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.