• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Started Hades yesterday. When you all said it was an amazing game...
giphy.gif
You might like this top 10 list:

kotaku.com

Ari's Top 10 Games Of 2020

The past year has been one endless, pitch-black night with a single burning, incandescent star: video games. I mean, can you imagine what 2020 would’ve been like without video games? I, for one, cannot. Better yet, it’s not like the annual release calendar was a dry spell, either. From tip to...

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Oh yeah sorry, I meant 10 - but you're right in that it's a noticeable difference in the amount of cards given.

I couldn't tell you why they're specifically doing it this way, but we do know that Valve really likes using statistics and such to alter things accordingly in order to get their users more engaged with the platform. So maybe they're seeing less activity in the Discovery Queue or they're seeing a lot of people using a tool to skip the queue to just get the cards. The Points Shop is also a fairly new addition that aims to get people engaged outside the Discovery Queue.
Still surprises me that people so willingly engage in Valve's manipulations.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Releasing Omori after 6 years on Christmas day during a huge sale seems like a really bizarre choice. No gaming website released a news piece for obvious reasons, no coverage on the steam home page, etc

vastag

Oct 26, 2017
How good is Rising Storm 2 Vietnam as a solo multiplayer game?

Like jumping in an official server match and playing?

Is a lot of fun. Avoid getting leading roles at first, as people will expect you to know what you are doing (as a SL you will need to provide good artillery marks and spawn points, and a bad commander cripples their team).

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
For you pervs out there, Nekopara has now animated backgrounds in the Steam store points shop with jiggly breasts...

Sounds like a trade market ripe for exploitation. Or has the points shop nuked the value of items entirely?

Releasing Omori after 6 years on Christmas day during a huge sale seems like a really bizarre choice. No gaming website released a news piece for obvious reasons, no coverage on the steam home page, etc

Not the best, I agree. Same for that new Super Meat Boy. I wonder what the reasoning was there. A lot of people (in the west) being home?

luca

Oct 25, 2017
My gamer chair is so bad. I need something else to sit comfortably for extended periods of time. See, I really want to be at my computer, but I really don't wanna sit at it.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I want a mouse with USB C and perhaps Qi wireless charging for that extra fanciness and not having to pay a premium for Logitech pads.

I got the dark core rgb se for Christmas instead of the Pro on accident, but the right click is extremely sensitive to the point where my finger would activate it just from resting on it.

Does anyone have the Pro and has encountered the same thing? The left click is solid and tactile but the right is much lighter. I'm returning this one, but I'm worried about the same experience.

I mostly play League, so having a quality right click is necessary lol

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Can you post a text list or something? Besides having to click a couple or so times to get to the actual list, it doesn't load on any device I have for some reason =/

Sure, it will be announced in 3 hours but no prob:

Top Sellers by 2020 Revenue
This covers the cost of the game itself plus DLC and in-game purchases. The list's mostly what you'd expect, though it is impressive that Cyberpunk 2077 crept in despite launching in December. And it's neat that Among Us made the revenue list despite only costing £4. Whole lot of folks suspicious of their pals this year.

Among Us
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Cyberpunk 2077
Destiny 2
Doom Eternal
Dota 2
Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout
Grand Theft Auto V
Monster Hunter: World
Playerunknown's Battlegrounds
Red Dead Redemption 2
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
Given the number, I assume this is only the "Platinum" (the top rank), and in alphabetical order.

New Releases
Valve say this list goes by revenue in the two weeks following release. Again, lots of things you'd expect, though I am surprised that several former Epic Games Store exclusives had such big Steam debuts despite being 'out' for months. And several of these are covered by Xbox Game Pass subscriptions, yet evidently many folks preferred to outright buy them.

Baldur's Gate 3
Borderlands 3
Command & Conquer Remastered Collection
Cyberpunk 2077
Crusader Kings III
Death Stranding
Doom Eternal
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
Fifa 21
Football Manager 2021
Grounded
Half-Life: Alyx
Horizon Zero Dawn
Mafia: Definitive Edition
Marvel's Avengers
Microsoft Flight Simulator
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
Persona 4 Golden
Resident Evil 3
Sea Of Thieves
Star Wars: Squadrons
Temtem
The Outer Worlds
Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem

Top VR games
Another category defined by revenue from the game, DLC, and in-game purchases. These are mostly familiar games I'd expect to see on the list, but I hadn't heard of VR Kanojo so I looked it up and oh jesus it's about hanging out with a virtual schoolgirl.

"Better yet, VR controllers simulate your hands in-game, letting you interact with her more directly," the devs say. "Just imagine all the possibilities!" Never be curious, Alice.

Arizona Sunshine
Beat Saber
Blade & Sorcery
Boneworks
Half-Life: Alyx
Hot Dogs, Horseshoes & Hand Grenades
Pavlov VR
Pistol Whip
Superhot VR
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR
The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners
VR Kanojo

Top Sellers graduating from early access in 2020
Defined by revenue in 2020 from the game, DLC, and in-game purchases. Some good and long-awaited launches this year.

Conqueror's Blade
Deep Rock Galactic
Golf With Your Friends
DJMax Respect V
Factorio
Hades
Noita
Risk Of Rain 2
Skater XL
Squad
Torchlight III
Wolcen: Lords Of Mayhem

Most Played
Not based on sales, this. The Most Played category goes by peak concurrent players in 2020, with the top tier being games which broke 200,000. It's largely the big multiplayer games you'd expect, plus Cyberpunk obvs, then the surprise appearance of Life Is Strange 2. Nice one, LIS!

Among Us
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Cyberpunk 2077
Destiny 2
Dota 2
Grand Theft Auto V
Life Is Strange 2
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
Playerunknown's Battlegrounds
Terraria
https://web.archive.org/web/2020122...9/06/life-is-strange-two-episode-three-13.jpg
Top Controller Games Based on Highest Daily Players Using a Controller
Also nothing to do with sales. Even as a Destiny player whose raid group includes someone on controller, I am surprised to see it here. That's probably because the MMOFPS has enough players to brute-force it into the top tier but damn.

Cyberpunk 2077
Dark Souls III
Destiny 2
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
Fifa 21
Grand Theft Auto V
Hades
NBA 2K20
Persona 4 Golden
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Well Post Void is rad as hell.

Playing both this and OMORI though I feel like I'm going to lose my mind.

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
Interesting. Out of 12 games with the highest revenues, only 4 games are 2020's new releases (I include RDR 2 because it's released in December).

When they're done right, GaaS could retain players' engagement (and get their money) for years to come.

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
Steam is getting destroyed right now, download speeds are in the kilobytes and i'm getting lots of "something went wrong".

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Horizon and Persona 4 both in top sellers, nice. Sega and Sony, we want moar!

And my favourite ongoing game, Age of Empires II, still in top 100 Sellers, with over 30k peak players. No wonder there's a new expansion coming next month.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
A bit, it's still a pretty ugly game a lot of the time though, espeically in the towns.

Visually the only thing it has going for it is of the enemy design.

Glad I gave Greedfall another shot today. Actually enjoying it now. Game desperately needs a minimap.

Definitely getting the old-school Bioware vibes, very Dragon Age Inquisition level design meets Knights of the Old Republic quest design - with a tiny dash of Witcher 2. If Spiders got a budget, I'd love to see them implement actual dialogue trees. Good game pass game.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone not like roguelikes but liked Hades? I loved Bastion and Transistor, but really dislike roguelikes.

Also for Nier on PC, do you just need the one mod and are basically good to go? Or do I have to fool around for awhile to make it run good?

1 gift from Freezard

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Freezard Freezard!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone not like roguelikes but liked Hades? I loved Bastion and Transistor, but really dislike roguelikes.

Also for Nier on PC, do you just need the one mod and are basically good to go? Or do I have to fool around for awhile to make it run good?

You'll want the mod, there's still bullshit like the prerendered videos that have issues.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Very strange Sega didn't load the store pages for the new Yakuza titles during the sale, they would sell them quite a bit.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, i generally enjoy roguelikes and i like Hades as well. The term rogue has nothing to do with how much you'll like or hate a game. It doesn't even tell you what genre the game is.

im so tired of saying this or explaining that "roguelike" isnt a genre unto itself, you take the reigns on this one.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Finally getting around to Kentucky Route Zero. I played the first three chapters when they first came out, but I'm replaying the entire thing. Just started act III again. This game is still incredibly impressive to me. It's 80% a text adventure, but the writing is just so good and the visuals and sound/music that are there are just incredibly effective at setting the mood and enhancing the story. I was also incredibly surprised by the fact that the game fully supports 21:9 for ultrawides.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait.. What?
What do you need the mod for? What problems does the game have on pc?

IIRC like the prerendered videos stuttered and looked awful on PC, at least at launch, and the game only got like 1 patch, to add DLC.

And it's a game with a decent amount of prerendered videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.