• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still if this leads to Bloodborne and Shadow of the Colossus on PC I'll be right there double dipping.
I expect older Japanese exclusives like Ueda's games or Siren or Gravity Daze to be some weird custom engine barely holding together by the skin of its code and/or the source hasn't been kept. Let's not get our hopes too high.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished watching AGDQ runs of Dark Souls and Sekiro and something interesting was mentioned in the Sekiro run that has made me curious. They said they were using an older build of Sekiro in order to abuse some glitches and exploits that were patched out but how is this possible?

When a game gets updated on Steam there is no way to get an older build of the game again right? Unless they got a CD version of the game or had access to older builds, I dont know how they did this. The only other way is too download the game and then never take it online which is not unheard for people who like to take games to the extreme limit but that seems impractical.

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished watching AGDQ runs of Dark Souls and Sekiro and something interesting was mentioned in the Sekiro run that has made me curious. They said they were using an older build of Sekiro in order to abuse some glitches and exploits that were patched out but how is this possible?

When a game gets updated on Steam there is no way to get an older build of the game again right? Unless they got a CD version of the game or had access to older builds, I dont know how they did this. The only other way is too download the game and then never take it online which is not unheard for people who like to take games to the extreme limit but that seems impractical.

You can download older builds through Steam console.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
I mean seriously who the fuck cares if an exclusive game is released somewhere else?
That Horizon thread is a joke.

Some people drinking because Sony betrayed them.
Some people now see it as an "opportunity" to pressure their friends into buying a PS5.
Some people wanting to boycott Sony.
Some people saying its devaluing the plattform.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
I mean seriously who the fuck cares if an exclusive game is released somewhere else?

Some people now see it as an "opportunity" to pressure their friends into buying a PS5.

That is what happens if your personality is that of a gamer. Even more so if you base that kind of personality on a branded plastic box

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Given that's a more high profile release, I'm interested to see how Sony will announce it. Based on that we'll probably get a clue on what games from their catalog have a chance to make it to the pc

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if Horizon coming to pc is due to Herman Hulst pushing for it now that he's in a new position --- forgot what it was. If the game does well, then I could see all others coming too.

Oct 27, 2017
Given that's a more high profile release, I'm interested to see how Sony will announce it. Based on that we'll probably get a clue on what games from their catalog have a chance to make it to the pc

It'll be interesting if they acknowledge releasing games on PC as "a thing", or if they just drop the announcement about this coming to PC and say absolutely nothing else.

Dimajjio

Oct 13, 2019
I wonder if Horizon coming to pc is due to Herman Hulst pushing for it now that he's in a new position --- forgot what it was. If the game does well, then I could see all others coming too.

I think that's got to have some degree of merit. Maybe he wants Decima engine to be an alternative to Unreal Engine?

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017

I just entered and skimmed through the last few pages.

I laughed so hard at the "conspiracy theory" one and completely lost it at the "Mental Breakdown" one.

Honestly its not that bad, I think there are far far more sensible people on that thread.

I dont even want HZD on PC. Give us Persona 5

Atlus : "Konpyūtā to wa nanika"

Thekeats

Nov 1, 2017
Not really fussed about all the big exclusives. Great games but turned out not my thing.

However I would be there day 1 for Gravity Rush 1 & 2.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
...now this, THIS is an interesting thought. SMTV is UE4, so after any Switch exclusivity period is up the chances are exponentially higher than something like Persona IMO.

Sega EU could make it happen after the fact à la Catherine Classic.
Atlus sees the EU in Sega EU and doesnt want to be close to be close to them.
Signed: An European Atlus fan.

Nov 1, 2017
Christmas Event Wrap Up (American and Euro Truck Simulator)

TXT_christmas_wu.jpg

To those who went the extra mile to earn stars for cities, your work has not gone unnoticed. Thanks to your dedication, anyone who delivered 13+ deliveries will be given one of the final rewards, The Diamond Star; those who went all-out and doubled their delivery count (24+) will be gifted the Diamond and the final Grand Star!

Stallion Free

Oct 29, 2017
I will definitely buy Horizon again on PC. Gotta earn the other ports I want assuming they are using the Capcom method on us. Until Dawn and Days Gone would be especially handy since I have those bought, but haven't started them yet unlike most of the other core exclusives lol.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I somehow missed that we got our first permanent exclusive not made by epic.

That's a hell of a bet on the devs end. Of course the steam page is still up, because where else are people going to talk about your game.
He said he was the one that decided to make it permanently exclusive, so he might still change opinions after the paid exclusivity window ends.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
He said he was the one that decided to make it permanently exclusive, so he might still change opinions after the paid exclusivity window ends.
that doesn't make any sense though? what is the reasoning there? there is a hidden group of people that will go out of their way to buy epic exclusive games and he would be "betraying" them or something?

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
that doesn't make any sense though? what is the reasoning there? there is a hidden group of people that will go out of their way to buy epic exclusive games and he would be "betraying" them or something?
He believes on EGS and wants it to become the main store. Thats his opinion so shrug from me. I was interested on the game too.

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
So what is too hot on a Ryzen 5 3600 before I should think about a new cooler? I skipped the stock cooler for an older Cool Master tower cooler I had from my last build.

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
The price of SSD at the local shops has increased about 10% this week. I can see the price would continue rise until it's 40% more expensive as predicted.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

www.androidpolice.com

Exclusive: Google is working to bring official Steam support to Chrome OS

Last week in Las Vegas while at CES, I spoke with Kan Liu, Director of Product Management for Google's Chrome OS. In a wide-ranging discussion about the

Last week at the CES trade show in Las Vegas, I spoke with Kan Liu, Director of Product Management for Google's Chrome OS. In a wide-ranging discussion about the Chrome platform and ecosystem, Liu dropped something of a bombshell on me: the Chrome team is working—very possibly in cooperation with Valve—to bring Steam to Chromebooks.

Liu declined to provide a timeline for the project, but did confirm it would be enabled by Chrome OS's Linux compatibility.

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
March, The Division 2.
Ah soon.
So what is too hot on a Ryzen 5 3600 before I should think about a new cooler? I skipped the stock cooler for an older Cool Master tower cooler I had from my last build.
About 60-70? I use beQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 and when I gaming it never goes above 50 degress.
Wait they will come on steam?
We don't know.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
tbh, every game running on some kind of pc is inevitable. If Sony wants to use AWS or Azure etc... for their game streaming service. Gonna have to put those games on pc hardware anyway. Doubt those companies would put PlayStations in their datacenters.

Oct 25, 2017
I bought Doom cause sometimes you just need solid gameplay without all the hours of cutscenes, dialogue, and running around helping random ass people you will never care about. I am hoping Doom fills that. Usually my goto for this type of gameplay is a roguelike or just play a multiplayer shooter like overwatch/paladins.

Oct 27, 2017
I bought Doom cause sometimes you just need solid gameplay without all the hours of cutscenes, dialogue, and running around helping random ass people you will never care about. I am hoping Doom fills that. Usually my goto for this type of gameplay is a roguelike or just play a multiplayer shooter like overwatch/paladins.

You are in for an absolute treat. Doom is one of the most pure gaming experiences of this gen. It is so good.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks, I may actually pick up that cooler for the summer. I'm maxing at about 72 in games. In Cinebench I can hit 78 and then it sits steady.
On the one hand, you can probably get by with sub-80C temperatures. On the other hand, the stock auto-overclocker does lower clocks depending on temperature, so a cooler chip will result in higher performance. As a general rule of thumb, sub-60C is ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.