• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
Small rant but it really annoys me when some games that have free DLC require you to launch the actual game to redeem those.
I was trying to redeem Monster Hunter World's new DLC and it kept launching the game for every single free DLC it had. I tried to do it through a browser and even an iPad but no deal. I remember some other games behaving like that too.
Oh well at least it's free stuff!

Unseen

Oct 28, 2017
Staring at keyboards.

What's up with red leds being so common on non-RGB boards. I would've guessed a neutral white to be the standard for manufacturers as it fits in nearly any kind of setup and isn't too extreme for common folk. Is bright red really not too excessive for yer eyeballs?

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Quest 11 patch is out.

Hey everyone,

We hope you've been enjoying your time in Erdrea since DRAGON QUEST XI launched a few weeks ago!

Today we've released a free, downloadable update for DRAGON QUEST XI, and here are a list of improvements we've made to the game…

1. We've identified a bug which can sometimes cause the game to crash when the player is 300m away from their horse on the field, this has been fixed.
  2. Players are now able to send log data to the DRAGON QUEST XI development team in cases where the game crashes.
  3. Players are able to choose between three (Low, Medium, High) pre-set graphic settings before launching the game (see below for details).
  4. People's names (such as "Robert") have been removed from the list of prohibited words when selecting the main character's name at the beginning of the game.
  5. Multiple text bugs have been fixed.
  6. It's now possible to move the command selection cursor using the left stick, and by extension WASD on keyboards, with very few exceptions in certain screens.
  7. It's now possible to select which key exits the game (by default this is set to Esc) and it will also be possible to bind the Esc key to a different function.
  8. More frame rate options have been added; 90 fps, 120 fps, 144 fps as well as the option to leave the frame rate unlocked.
Finally, we've seen a number of questions about the in-game language setting in DRAGON QUEST XI. It's possible to change the in-game language by changing the language setting of Steam itself.

Thanks for reading, and we hope you continue to enjoy playing DRAGON QUEST XI,

The DRAGON QUEST XI team

Full details on pre-set graphics settings:

Low
Antialiasing Quality: None
Post-Processing Quality: None
Shadow Quality: None
Screen Percentage: 65%
Display Mode: Windowed
Resolution: 1280*720

Medium
Antialiasing Quality: 3
Post-Processing Quality: 2
Shadow Quality: 2
Screen Percentage: 83%
Display Mode: Full-Screen
Resolution: 1920*1080

High
Antialiasing Quality: 6
Post-Processing Quality: 3
Shadow Quality: 3
Screen Percentage: 100%
Display Mode: Full-Screen
Resolution: 1920*1080

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
Staring at keyboards.

What's up with red leds being so common on non-RGB boards. I would've guessed a neutral white to be the standard for manufacturers as it fits in nearly any kind of setup and isn't too extreme for common folk. Is bright red really not too excessive for yer eyeballs?
Red isn't for me either, but maybe it's because red lights don't change your night vision. Better for playing in a dark room or at night.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Odyssey is a very pretty game a lot of the time.

RN8Cry4.png

OMEGALUL

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
Lethal League

4DM2Y-FK3LV-IZPXP

Bionic Commando: Rearmed

KA9H8-FKTEG-FXP4I

DmC: Devil May Cry

ZDJ0C-8HD8K-CIHLW

Dead Space Origin Key

6YBT-XCRE-D8DW-RLJU-AEGL

QFNS

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Well I guess I will be preventing Steam from updating while I try to finish DQ XI act3 stuff. I can't go back to that awful music.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Well I guess I will be preventing Steam from updating while I try to finish DQ XI act3 stuff. I can't go back to that awful music.
You can set Steam to only auto-update only between 4:00 - 4:01 AM, so essentially turning it off (adjusting it for your respective sleeping times).

Nov 13, 2017
Any ideas why the xl2411p sound output is quiet? I have my sound bar on maximum (which I've never had to do with anything) with the monitor at full volume and it's barely audible? Ridiculous.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
Eyes, how do they work. Blue light from your monitor and red off your fancy keyboard. Great, all I see is purple!

Strong urge to go tkl.
I use flux to tune out blue spectrum lights at nighttime. So yeah. It's also true red lights don't reduce your night vision as much because the rods in your eyes aren't as sensitive to red.

RZetko

Oct 27, 2017
Eyes, how do they work. Blue light from your monitor and red off your fancy keyboard. Great, all I see is purple!

Strong urge to go tkl.

Red LEDs are just easier/cheaper to manufacture, that's why all the cheaper mechanical keyboards usually have red backlight (cheapest also don't have LED for each key but instead have backlight split to multiple parts). You can read more in this reddit thread if you want https://www.reddit.com/r/askscience...was_it_much_harder_to_develop_blue_leds_than/

Also repost from previous page for better visibility:

Anyone here preordered Htiman 2 from cdkeys? Ghost mode just sold me on it and I'm wondering if they already have keys for it and if I'd be able to play Hitman Sniper Assassin right now.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
I hear bad things about DS2 but it is up next.
It depends what sort of games you like. If you're expecting just more of the same, then you'll be disappointed. Darksiders 2 improves on basically everything from the first, but the gameplay style is different.

Make sure to turn the volume up. The music is divine.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Ah the weekends...the cooldown days...where barely any interesting deals go up...

Music helps pass the time at least.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone got Steam streaming working over VPN? Works fine on LAN but not over VPN. Set VPN to private network and tried disabling Windows Defender but no go.

edit: Got it to work by bypassing discovery and using connect_remote IP:27036 in the console.

Last edited:

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
chrono.gg has the Asmodee bundle up with a few different options. Check it out if you're interested in digital board games like Talisman, Ticket To Ride, or Small World 2.

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
The Missing crashes after the Made with Unity screen... which is weird because it worked flawlessly yesterday...

EDIT: Rebooting the system fixed it.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
a) Decrease monitor brightness (use f.lux if you don't want to have games/fullscreen apps dimmer)
b) If you're on Windows 10. Switch Windows to Dark Mode and enable High Contrast Mode (just, modify the colors, to not have 0x000000 for the background). High Contrast works much better in Win 10 than in previous versions of Windows.
Thanks! I'll give that a shot.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ, disc 4 of Shenmue 2 is slooooooww....
Bloody hell this is Return of the King ending level stuff >_>

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
60 hours of Odyssey. The game only came out 7 days ago, and I've spent 2 and a half days on it during that time.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone here preordered Htiman 2 from cdkeys? Ghost mode just sold me on it and I'm wondering if they already have keys for it and if I'd be able to play Hitman Sniper Assassin right now.

I pre-ordered the standard edition ages ago - 20th of July - and got a key straight away. Things may have changed, but I would expect them to give an "out of stock" message on the store page rather than make you wait for a key.

Edit: Hit post too soon...

Yeah, it seems like you will be able to play Sniper Assassin straight away - I have an option to install it. :)

Last edited:

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
i genuinely don't understand why devs still try to surf trends. it's like the moba craze didn't teach anyone a lesson.
if one enters it, it either needs a gigantic IP, which didn't even save that DC moba, or something more enticing, like a whole new way to experience the genre.most don't do this.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Got the gold edition a week before it went out of stock. Already got the code and sniper assassin is in my library.

Status
Not open for further replies.