Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So an update.

I went to Martinet's panel at TooManyGames.

Unfortunately, he cannot speak on the manner

Rocketjay

Apr 30, 2018
only a question of time for the silly blue hand puppet casually mentioning "every opinion matters" about something incredibly racist and going from there!
don't say I didn't warn you

I'm not sure if I'm being sarcastic myself now that I think abou it

I think he realized he can double tap a topic for views with a bad take video followed up by the "I'm happy I was wrong!" video.

That doesn't sound like something the internet would do...

Arlo's terrible. There was a brief fleeting moment when he was putting out insightful content, but much more often it's really poor
1324596542030_7713053.png

Last edited:

AGJTX

Jan 28, 2020
This reminds me of the time when Martinet changed his Mario voice between the n64 era and the gamecube era. went up two octaves. If it isn't him, I would be surprised.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'd love Nintendo to get Anya Taylor-Joy back to voice Peach in that solo game.
NoA can't even be bothered to pay for unionized actors in Smash to record new lines (hence Sonic & Sora reusing old lines from their games and Cloud & Sephiroth only speaking Japanese), they aren't gonna splurge for Anya.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Mr. Martinet, I'm L Thammy from the Internet. I have a few questions that I need to you answer.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Relax, he probably wouldn't be able to talk about it until the game actually comes out anyway (NDAs & whatnot).

It was probably the case for every game, it's just that he was only asked about it now.
I'm pretty sure like with Patricia Summerset and Matthew Mercer as Zelda and Ganondorf for TotK, he'd have to get the go ahead from Nintendo to confirm.

Razor Mom

Jan 2, 2018
United Kingdom
It could be because of absolutely pointless videos like this, but something about that stupid blue hand puppet makes me want to pull it off of whatever wretched hand commands it, and use it as the "bad" towel that gets reserved for unhygienic situations like when the pipe under the kitchen sink is leaking.

Voice sounds the same to me, anyways.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Also, Patricia Summerset said she has recorded for games in the past, not knowing what project it was and some things she worked on never saw the light of day

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I am aware. Just kinda weird they got him under NDA for a.....Mario game..?
Basically every actor for any major game is under NDA, it's basically just a given. Some actors will talk about things that might be allowed in the bounds of that NDA but most will probably wait to talk about a project until they get explicit permission that they can start talking about it. Playing around with any NDA is usually too high risk to mess with for most folks.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Basically every actor for any major game is under NDA, it's basically just a given. Some actors will talk about things that might be allowed in the bounds of that NDA but most will probably wait to talk about a project until they get explicit permission that they can start talking about it. Playing around with any NDA is usually too high risk to mess with for most folks.
It's a good way to get yourself blacklisted from the industry basically.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't watch the Arlo vid until just now but it's clear that half of this thread didn't either. Cuz if you genuinely thought that that 'Wonderful!' sounded like Charles Martinet, then you're not as discerning as you think you are 👀

JoRu

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to second serving of crow when it turns out Mario Wonder and the new Warioware were Martinet's last games as Mario and crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.