• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Have you ever played a Persona 3 game before?

• Yes! I have played a different version of Persona 3 in the past!

Votes: 892 68.7%
  • No! Persona 3 Reload will be my first time experiencing Persona 3!

Votes: 406 31.3%

• Total voters

Ex Lion Tamer

Oct 25, 2017
Downloaded this game on a whim tonight looking for something to play and sheesh this thing absolutely rips…the visuals, style, the music, the vibes are off the charts. The song that plays when you're at school literally put me in some sort of bliss state.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Okay, Akihiko's new VA is NOT it...why does he sound like a grown man 😭 like, damn, why is his voice so DEEP, did he take up smoking? it's a shame, because I do like the VA as Cyno in Genshin, so this is probably more of a problem with the voice direction. Yukari's new voice isn't bad, but it's definitely not as good as her og. I don't see why Atlus felt the need to replace the whole voice cast in the first place
It's funny because Akihiko's new voice actor is the same age as Liam O'brien was when he first voiced him back in 2007. They just took the voice in completely different directions, Liam went to a higher range while Alejandro goes much deeper. I got used to it the more I played, there's some scenes where he's fantastic, but one or two big ones where I definitely missed Liam.

Overall I think the new cast is mostly winners. Junpei is especially great now, Yukari and Mitsuru are just as good as the old ones. Fuuka is great. Aigis is... alright.

northnorth

Dec 4, 2017
Anyone have a link to a good 100% guide? I completed it on PC, then did Rebirth, DD2 and Persona 4… and then I saw this on sale on PS5… and thought. Why not? I want to see my friends again 😂

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a link to a good 100% guide? I completed it on PC, then did Rebirth, DD2 and Persona 4… and then I saw this on sale on PS5… and thought. Why not? I want to see my friends again 😂

www.powerpyx.com

Persona 3 Reload 100% Walkthrough

Persona 3 Reload All-in-One Walkthrough for 100% Schedule Completion. This includes all Collectibles, Social Links, Trophies & Achievements for Persona 3 Remake.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Finally managed to beat the game after taking a long break to work on other stuff. Overall I really enjoyed it as someone who loves FES, but there are a few things I felt were a bit worse. I got frustrated trying to fuse personas and not realizing for a long time that they were locked behind things like linked episodes or something else when they were freely fusable in the originals.

The other thing that was a bit of a letdown was the ending,
I felt like not seeing multiple days of the MC being exhausted and more about the amnesia of the party members really lessened the impact of the ending. Plus a few of the story cutscenes just felt worse in this version than the originals (when MC awakens his persona for example).

Overall it's probably my favorite version of the game still, but I do wish the ending and some of the story beats had stuck closer to the originals to keep their impact.

Last edited:

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I'm LOVING this so far. Playing with a guide because I want to make the most of my first (and only) playthrough, but that's the way I enjoy playing these games anyway, so fine by me.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
So I was in Japan for a bit last month, and wound up squeezing in a short day trip to Kyoto. Knowing I'd only have a few hours at most before I had to move on, my friend was telling me about places to shortlist for my visit. When talking about Kiyomizu-dera, he mentioned it's famous for being the origin of saying, "to jump off the stage at Kiyomizu, where there was actually a tradition where if you jumped off the stage and survived your wish would be granted. I showed him this image from the Kyoto trip in game asking if this was the place:

9Sy7Dkt.jpeg

Indeed, this is Kiyomizu-dera:

XyhWPn0.png

Too bad the weather delayed the tree blossoms until after I left, though. Also, who was supposed to survive that fall?!

FizzMino

Shinra Employee
Sep 15, 2022
Colorado, USA
I really gotta chill with how far I push Tartarus. I keep trying to do the entire thing in one trip and it's burning me out, probably smarter to split it up.

tiebreaker

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
With the tarot card system, I feel like the game is actually pushing you to do tartarus in one night.

Anyway, finished the game. Really enjoyed the game, especially early on when I was still figuring out the mechanics, new party members every month and Tartarus was still fun.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Made it to the last week of January. I'll probably wrap this up tomorrow or Tuesday. I have so many thoughts to dump into a multi-paragraph post and I cannot wait to word vomit it all out.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I've never played any of the Shin Megami Tensei games. What's the difference between them and Persona? If I like Persona, will I also like SMT?

LordHuffnPuff

Doctor Videogames at Allfather Productions
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
webernet
I've never played any of the Shin Megami Tensei games. What's the difference between them and Persona? If I like Persona, will I also like SMT?
May I refer you to this explainer thread?

www.resetera.com

"Will I like Shin Megami Tensei if I like Persona?" - Volume II: With a Vengeance Sega

About two and a half years ago, I made the following thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/will-i-like-shin-megami-tensei-if-i-like-persona-a-beginners-guide-to-shin-megami-tensei-and-if-you-might-like-smtv.508290/ The concept of this thread was a little over a month before the release of...

Ashes of Dreams

May 22, 2020
Ahh, like 17 years later and that ending still fucking hits.

Like my 6th time through this game and I cried again at the ending, the new presentation really sells it. Though I'm a bit surprised they didn't change anything about the dialogue at the end. I know what's going on of course but I actually wonder if any new players didn't pick up on it, since it still ends on such a happy note with everyone laughing and Aigis talking about how she's gonna protect you. I was half expecting them to make it clearer, though that is of course what The Answer will be for.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Christmas is approaching menacingly. Just out of curiosity, is Christmas ever a good time in a Persona game? Because between this and 5, "Merry Christmas" sounds like an oxymoron for Persona.

Anyway, with one week to January, I have one quick question, you can probably guess what it is. I'll get a choice if I want to fight Nyx or get the bad ending on New Years, right?

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Christmas is approaching menacingly. Just out of curiosity, is Christmas ever a good time in a Persona game? Because between this and 5, "Merry Christmas" sounds like an oxymoron for Persona.

Anyway, with one week to January, I have one quick question, you can probably guess what it is. I'll get a choice if I want to fight Nyx or get the bad ending on New Years, right?

Yep

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Excellent. I guess I should start thinking of what my final party should be, most of the characters are starting to grow into their own niches now, so building a final party is going to be trickier than I thought.

My Persona collection is getting good, though. Keeping that Black Frost around has paid off a lot, he's the fastest thing in any fight, so Leader goes first if he's equipped. I should probably focus on fusing the ones that give the last two Theurgies for Leader. Are they locked behind Social Links? I know one was behind Star, but I got that maxed just now.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
Beat the game tonight. Still my least favorite out of 3,4, and 5, but still a good time.

Bring on the P4G remake. And please for the love of God Atlus do something about Marie.

Lbbaker

May 21, 2018
Finished a couple days ago and honestly beating the reaper was a mistake lmao. Literally blazed through the final battles no problem.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Had to take a break from this for a while to play VII Rebirth but I'm back at it with a vengeance and nearing the end of October... now I remember the other reason I wanted to take a break...
I knew death was coming.

Shinji's death hit me harder than I expected. I mean I can cry on cue pretty easily but damn... Koro-chan's reaction... that howl... 😭 I know it was unavoidable and important for the game's theme but he deserved better... 😭 Also I was really enjoying using him in battle more than I ever had in the past, king was wrecking shadows so effortlessly.

Akihiko's scene at the mass was a great performance as well. 😭

Haven't been following dlc news so I didn't realize episode Aigis had been officially announced. Will definitely be ready for that.

Ashes of Dreams

May 22, 2020
I actually couldn't take Koromaru's performance seriously. I don't care about the anime adaptations so I never heard him just being played by a human man making dog noises but I just couldn't get used to it. Took me completely out of the scene any time I heard this guy just going "ruff ruff awoo". Just... play dog noises... I feel like I'm alone on this, I guess other people prefer it being a guy doing the dog noises? Just makes it feel fake to me.

Hakimy

Nov 9, 2017
So I'm using a guide from powerpyx and everything was fine until I saw this point:
  • Use Theurgy skills for Junpei, Fuuka, Mitsuru and Akihiko
My question is why is the guide telling me to do those moves with these characters after unlocking theurgy? If I ignored this would I be missing something important to these characters in the future? Like I won't be able to unlock some power or relationship benefits later for these characters?

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK
So I'm using a guide from powerpyx and everything was fine until I saw this point:
  • Use Theurgy skills for Junpei, Fuuka, Mitsuru and Akihiko
My question is why is the guide telling me to do those moves with these characters after unlocking theurgy? If I ignored this would I be missing something important to these characters in the future? Like I won't be able to unlock some power or relationship benefits later for these characters?

There's a trophy/achievement for using all your party members' theurgies at least once.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
I actually couldn't take Koromaru's performance seriously. I don't care about the anime adaptations so I never heard him just being played by a human man making dog noises but I just couldn't get used to it. Took me completely out of the scene any time I heard this guy just going "ruff ruff awoo". Just... play dog noises... I feel like I'm alone on this, I guess other people prefer it being a guy doing the dog noises? Just makes it feel fake to me.

No it bothered me too. Like it was so obviously a guy trying to bark. I don't know why Atlus didn't use stock noises

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
Agree 100%. They should have just used real dog sounds.

Actually…that would make a fantastic and simple mod for the PC. Somebody should make a "Real Dog Voice" mod.

FizzMino

Shinra Employee
Sep 15, 2022
Colorado, USA

I don't have Koromaru but there was a spot where there was a cat or dog earlier in April and it was the same thing. I literally was like, wtf was that lol

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
On the last couple days and have to grind up to face the ultimate Monad boss. Wondering if it's even worth doing. I definitely didn't max out all my social links to get that one ultimate Persona...

Made acouple attempts at the fight and it was like an immediate no-go.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
On the last couple days and have to grind up to face the ultimate Monad boss. Wondering if it's even worth doing. I definitely didn't max out all my social links to get that one ultimate Persona...

Made acouple attempts at the fight and it was like an immediate no-go.
I missed one social link by one rank personally. But whatever, Odagiri doesn't deserve it anyways lol.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Happy New Year?
And so the final clock ticks down. 30 days until the end of the world. Didn't expect the game to get all desaturated on me.

So I'm standing at the entrance of Tartarus, Dark Hour, 1/1 2010. Elizabeth wants me to kill the Reaper. The final boss will arrive at the top in 30 days. I want to fuse Susano-o, Helel, and Satan. I guess there's only one thing to do now. We climb!

But I need to figure out who would work on a Reaper busting team and, of course, who gets to hit Nyx in her stupid face. I have a hunch on how we might beat her, actually, probably can't kill death, but there are other ways for her to lose.

Keiriks

Omicron Persei 8 Logic
Aug 19, 2021
Reykjavík, Iceland
Ironically, with how popular Kawakami was in P5, Kenji in P3 seems like a deconstruction of the student-teacher romance.
P5 is very weird with its themes lmao. It starts out with a teacher sexually abusing his students, which is bad, and then later lets you bang your teacher, which is... good? As much as I love that goofy goofy game it's very clear Atlus weren't thinking too hard about what they were saying with it.

Zemoco

Jan 12, 2021
P5 is very weird with its themes lmao. It starts out with a teacher sexually abusing his students, which is bad, and then later lets you bang your teacher, which is... good? As much as I love that goofy goofy game it's very clear Atlus weren't thinking too hard about what they were saying with it.

I mean at least Kawakami dating Joker is about as canon as him dating anyone else, and anything sexual was just alluded to with nothing in the game actually irrevocably confirming it while Kamoshida does.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Since I'm trying to figure out my final team, I was wondering, what did everyone else go with and why?

I'm leaning Yukari/Aigis/Sanada. Yes, it's a double electric weakness, but Sanada is immune. Aigis and Leader can get a round of buffs up in one round. Yukari fully heals the party for 11 SP. And with Sanada, he and Leader can get an Atk/Def debuff going in one round, too. Idea basically being to be +Atk/+Def at all times and the enemy is -Atk/-Def at all times.

But that's just one idea, and Junpei with he crit-fishing is also an option. Or Mitsuru with her debuff Theurgy.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
One thing I wish this game had was

spoken dialogue when climbing the last floor of Tartarus! Seemed like such a missed opportunity to just have everyone's words of encouragement be text only.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Since I'm trying to figure out my final team, I was wondering, what did everyone else go with and why?

I'm leaning Yukari/Aigis/Sanada. Yes, it's a double electric weakness, but Sanada is immune. Aigis and Leader can get a round of buffs up in one round. Yukari fully heals the party for 11 SP. And with Sanada, he and Leader can get an Atk/Def debuff going in one round, too. Idea basically being to be +Atk/+Def at all times and the enemy is -Atk/-Def at all times.

But that's just one idea, and Junpei with he crit-fishing is also an option. Or Mitsuru with her debuff Theurgy.
All team compositions are viable (to the point of the game being too easy, to be honest). Just go with who you want to go with.

tiebreaker

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017

Game is pretty easy tbh, except of course that one secret boss.

But generally I'll have one healer in the team and try to cover all elements.
My team at the end is MC, Yukari, Sanada, and Junpei.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so close to finally getting back to this, I SWEAR. I finally platinum'd FF7 Rebirth after 139 hours & gonna play a much shorter game before jumping back to P3 so I can beat it in time for Paper Mario next month. It's been...geez, almost 2 months since I last played?

Weirdly, I wanna say where I stopped is around the same place that I dropped Portable all those years ago. I think I'm in the middle or close to the end of July. Met Aigis, but not to the point of her joining the party.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Still January 1st.
Reached floor 256, ran out of tower. I kind of expected to run into bosses that weren't just bigger shadows, but it was all shadows all the way up.

I picked up Apocalypse for Leader, but I haven't found a good target to shoot it at yet. How much damage does that do, anyway? "Ultimate Almighty" sounds like it does all the damage, but I've been hesitant to use it because the enemy would get the next turn.

I also still need to beat the Reaper, but I have a feeling my previous question answers this one. How much fight will there be left if my opening move against the Reaper is Apocalypse?

Keiriks

Omicron Persei 8 Logic
Aug 19, 2021
Reykjavík, Iceland
Still January 1st.
Reached floor 256, ran out of tower. I kind of expected to run into bosses that weren't just bigger shadows, but it was all shadows all the way up.

I picked up Apocalypse for Leader, but I haven't found a good target to shoot it at yet. How much damage does that do, anyway? "Ultimate Almighty" sounds like it does all the damage, but I've been hesitant to use it because the enemy would get the next turn.

I also still need to beat the Reaper, but I have a feeling my previous question answers this one. How much fight will there be left if my opening move against the Reaper is Apocalypse?
Armageddon will one shot the Reaper.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Armageddon will one shot the Reaper.
Oh. I may have underestimated that attack.

I should go charge Leader's Theurgy and just wait for the Reaper. Go laugh in the face of death and all that.

Edit:

Found a Dark Floor. Found a Reaper. Killed a Reaper. Ultimate Almighty means 9999 damage. Does he respawn because that was good Exp?

Last edited: