Votes: 74 12.5%
  • Who is she?

Votes: 12 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Floodgates opening on Crash... looks like some of the rumours at least were legit - in that it does look like a game in the same spirit of the ND games judging by some of the leaked shots. That's promising... but the devs still gotta nail that level design else it'll still suck. Here's hoping for the best.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
4-5 hours into TLoU PII and yeah this is game of the generation material for me.

Naughty Dogs attention to tiny details in this is absurd. Graphically as well I dunno how they do it, this looks damn near next gen imo

Oct 27, 2017
4-5 hours into TLoU PII and yeah this is game of the generation material for me.

Naughty Dogs attention to tiny details in this is absurd. Graphically as well I dunno how they do it, this looks damn near next gen imo
Same here. It is absurd how good it is. I truely believe most PS5 games wont look as good as this. It shoes how the developer can really push a hardware to its limit. Unbelievable

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Same here. It is absurd how good it is. I truely believe most PS5 games wont look as good as this. It shoes how the developer can really push a hardware to its limit. Unbelievable

The attention to detail is what's going to be hard for pretty much any developer to match. They mentioned in one of the dev diaries that the game there's optional story moments and scripted moments, and that's where the attention to detail really hits home. There are buildings that are just packed with tiny details, and you're never even required to enter them.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium

they have environmental details or animations flourishes which I'm convinced 99.9% of devs would never think or bother to have.

It feels extremely special.
Few PS5 games at launch window will even match this I totally agree with you.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't ready...
giphy.gif

Same just got to that point...

JollyAffectionateAmericancurl-size_restricted.gif

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Got my steelbook copy from the post office. The age check thing almost didn't work because OF COURSE 😑

Sooo. Two disks? That's a big gurl, huh.

Got a fully charged DS4 and fully charged Gold headset ready. Is there a setting for TLOU2 for the headset I need to download somewhere, somehow? Only used game specific settings on Days Gone so far, so I have no clue.

ZeroDS

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I've spent so much on games this month thanks to getting a VR headset.

And here I am on the store page for TLoU2 hovering over the ads to cart button. That plus the Arkham collection, playing Batman VR really got me wanting to replay them.

What do I do 😭

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Got a fully charged DS4 and fully charged Gold headset ready. Is there a setting for TLOU2 for the headset I need to download somewhere, somehow? Only used game specific settings on Days Gone so far, so I have no clue.

There isn't but I saw the devs say you can use Uncharted 4 preset and it would great. I have it on no preset and the audio expeirence is the best this gen using my Gold.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
There isn't but I saw the devs say you can use Uncharted 4 preset and it would great. I have it on no preset and the audio expeirence is the best this gen using my Gold.

Sounds great (sorry)!

I actually played UC4 yesterday with no preset - because I never think about those things - and I can't wait to experience next gen sound and graphics if that's what we had for years. Going back to many older first party games I'm always newly impressed with my base PS4. I should charge my headset more often 😅

shiftmal

Oct 25, 2017
Was taking a break from TLOU2 earlier and mind drifted to potential uses for the PS5 SSD. Mind was blown when thinking of attack unlocks and how they could be demonstrated. Like GoW 2018, you'd have a small video showing what the attack would look like. With the SSD you could have the option for a short second load time into an arena and be able to use the new attack to get the feel and timing of it. Then another second load right back to where you were. Could also work for control tutorials and getting reacquainted with a control scheme when coming back to a game after a hiatus.
Really looking forward to innovative uses of the new hardware.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
The multiplayer for tlou2 on ps5 is going to be mind boggling. I really hope they show something later this year cause I wanna see how beautiful the animations play with that wonderful ssd.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Floodgates opening on Crash... looks like some of the rumours at least were legit - in that it does look like a game in the same spirit of the ND games judging by some of the leaked shots. That's promising... but the devs still gotta nail that level design else it'll still suck. Here's hoping for the best.
Yep, can't wait if they do it right.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
No indication yet of how good tlou2 launch is? I expected Bunji to tweet something about how the reviews affected the game, but nothing yet.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
No indication yet of how good tlou2 launch is? I expected Bunji to tweet something about how the reviews affected the game, but nothing yet.

Aside from the usual UK charts, we'll probably hear something in a week or so when Sony releases the numbers. I think that's when they usually release their 3 day figures.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
New update for TLOU Part II - Amazon Best sellers of 2020 (so far)
Final day before release
  • US : Reached #19 (gained 1 place, overtook MK8)
  • CA : Reached #12(gained 1 place)
  • UK : Still #5 (Steelbook Edition) and now #14 (Standard Edition)
    • Huge bump for Standard Edition from #89 to #14 in 4 days for Best Sellers of 2020
    • Steelbook and Standard Edition both Sold Out
    • #1 PS4 game of 2020
    • #2 game of 2020 (behind AC:NH)
    • Standard Edition currently #1 best seller (Steelbook #3) in PC & Video Game
  • FR : Back to #12 (Steelbook Edition) and reached #10(Standard Edition)
  • DE : Reached #15 (gained 3 places, overtook Sims 4 PC #18, Luigi's Mansion 3 #17 and AC:NH digital #16)

First day since release
Something went wrong with TLOU2 Standard Edition in France, yesterday #10 above Steelbook #12 and now today, #16 Standard but below #12 Steelbook which didn't move

LfF4s1v.png

Coop

Jan 9, 2020
First day since release
Something went wrong with TLOU2 Standard Edition in France, yesterday #10 above Steelbook #12 and now today, #16 Standard but below #12 Steelbook which didn't move

LfF4s1v.png
Is this cumulative sells ? Because games like FF VII and Animal Crossing had months since launch

Eden-prime

May 21, 2020
10 hours+ in this game and it's been a hell of a ride. ND successfully playing with my emotions like a damn fiddle.

Cthulhu_Steev

Oct 27, 2017
This is amazing, I've never been so stressed playing a game. I'm not ashamed to admit I had to put 'invisible when prone' on for some parts - can't wait to play it again knowing the layout a little better. This is going to be another Resident Evil 4, just want to keep playing it forever.

The accessibility options are something else, I hope like photo modes they become standard.

Oct 26, 2017
I get this feeling that that ND is itching to develop a game that is less based on the "real world" with the Savage Starlight collectables in Part 1 and the super hero trading cards in Part 2. Feels like they're gona pull a GG with Horizon for their next game.

Oh yeah, and Part 2 is fucking excellent. Played waaay to long last night and woke up waaaay too early just to play more. Unfortunately I wont be able to touch the game again for a while because of stupid RESPONSIBILITIES 😒

Oops, posted this in the wrong OT lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.