• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Next OT Name

• Let the games do the talking

Votes: 156 26.4%
  • Go woke, record broke

Votes: 189 31.9%
  • A penguin designed by Apple

Votes: 82 13.9%
  • We Kena't wait.

Votes: 48 8.1%
  • A Standalone Thread.

Votes: 31 5.2%
  • It feels like Miles away

Votes: 74 12.5%
  • Who is she?

Votes: 12 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Good luck on the plat for FF7! How hard is it? Enjoy the replay of the first game when you play it after FF7 as well.

Looking forward to the GoT hype that'll be happening soon.
I'm not bothered to really get plats so it's only for games I really have a good time with. There's some annoying back tracking for like 2 trophies but other than that, it's pretty much a completion trophy list. Have to play the game twice on Norma and hard and I mitigated that by playing once in Japanese and once in English.

Menaged

Oct 29, 2017
1 hour until I can start playing!

Any concensus regarding:
  1. Difficuly? I played the first one on Hard with listen mode off and it was perfect.
  2. HDR settings? I'm on a B8.
Thanks!

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Half an hour till I get the tv lol...can't wait to play. been looking at it all day, ready to be played

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017

My new desktop backround.

I'm not bothered to really get plats so it's only for games I really have a good time with. There's some annoying back tracking for like 2 trophies but other than that, it's pretty much a completion trophy list. Have to play the game twice on Norma and hard and I mitigated that by playing once in Japanese and once in English.

Yeah, I used to go out of my way for them now I just get the ones for games I really enjoy assuming that the platinum isn't super difficult to get. Doesn't seem to bad a trophy list. Might platinum the game myself one day when I play it.

Oct 27, 2017
I forget to include that this is for this generation only.

Lol, okay fair enough. Would have been nice to know this before I spent about 10 minutes on Metacritic looking it all up!

I was watching the Killer Instinct documentary and one of the XGS guys mentioned that for most second party games, in the contract there is a clause that allows Microsoft first right to acquire them if they are approached by another party. They failed to include that with Double Helix. I can't fathom Sony doesn't have one with Bluepoint.

Yeah, that seems realistic I guess. I believe the reasoning why they bought Sucker Punch was because another interested party was sniffing around them!

I would really love it if ND would develop a Savage Starlight Game similar to Uncharted the Lost Legacy. Last of Us 2 is not gonna get a Single Player DLC and instead of a Standalone Game i would love something like this.
It's probably unrealistic though, because those Standalone Games are always built on an existing Foundation, which would not be the Case for Savage Starlight.

Yeah, I would love Savage Starlight next. I would basically adore ND's take on the Mass Effect formula but with more of an action-adventurey space-pulpy feel.

If they don't do that then I want an FPS from them next. I really thought the combat and level design in Uncharted: TLL was excellent and I can see them delivering a really high-quality Titanfall 2-esque campaign. I even think Neil Druckmann has said in the past he would love to develop a Half-Life game, and if that's the case I'd say they should just go ahead and development their own story-driven sci-fi FPS. It's a genre (a specific part of the genre) which I love but we don't really see enough of.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
The user reviews on Metacritic are totally unsurprising. Too bad there's no way to prove if someone's actually played a game or if someone's posting multiple user reviews. Rotten Tomatoes has figured it out.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all I just got my collectors edition.

The fucking statue is huge lol. Feels worth it though. Haven't opened my steel book cause I already got the digital edition.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Ea5DrTEWsAU8VfB.jpg

I have a bottle of wine and tissues.
7 years is a long wait, but I'm ready.
I wasn't ready...
giphy.gif

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Argos came through for me again,their pre-orders have always arrived on release day,I ordered TLoU Pt.II and Ghost of Tsushima together so I don't have to pay for them till November,which is very handy right now.
Anyway,jumped into TLoU Pt.II for two hours...I'm limiting my sessions on this one to that,gonna draw this one out and soak it all in.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
I just rewatched all the next gen trailers from last week's presentation with headphones on. Holy shit yall. I heard so me things in detail all at once.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
A bit random but interesting, the price of TLOU2 here in Brazil increased a few weeks ago, from 200 (standard edition) to 250, and 250 to 300 (deluxe edition), Sony started sending messages today saying it will refund this value from people who bought it shortly after this price change. I didn't quite understand the requirements, but I think that's it.
132zvC1.jpg

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
I feel like i'm going to have to marathon all the Little Big Planet games after this weekend just to mentally recover

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
I have to say playing Last of Us 2 on Survivor Difficulty is insanely tense and also super hard. I died alot, because Enemies are so incredibly smart and check every Blindspot, they also give themselves consistently Cover. The Game really pushes you to get detected, and then re-enter Stealth, but it's really hard man. I may push it down a little. Sadly i found Hard a little bit to easy from what i played in the Beginning, so i'm really not sure what to do.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Naughty Dog posted 15 new job openings.

Graphics/gameplay/animation/AI programmers, level lighting artist, cinematic lighting artist, technical/gameplay animators, level designer, rendering/environment/character technical directors.

www.naughtydog.com

Careers || Naughty Dog

The official website of Naughty Dog, award-winning creators of Uncharted and The Last of Us series
www.naughtydog.com

Careers || Naughty Dog

The official website of Naughty Dog, award-winning creators of Uncharted and The Last of Us series
www.naughtydog.com

Careers || Naughty Dog

www.naughtydog.com

Careers || Naughty Dog

Naughty Dog

www.naughtydog.com

Careers || Naughty Dog

www.naughtydog.com

Careers || Naughty Dog

www.naughtydog.com

Careers || Naughty Dog

www.naughtydog.com

Careers || Naughty Dog

Naughty Dog

www.naughtydog.com

Careers || Naughty Dog

www.naughtydog.com

Careers || Naughty Dog

Naughty Dog

www.naughtydog.com

Careers || Naughty Dog

Naughty Dog

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
My one gripe with TLoU Part 2 is they went down the Rockstar route. Dialogue you can miss by travelling too fast. Having a heart to heart conversation - oops you crossed an invisible barrier and that conversation is lost to the wind. Not worth knocking points off a score if you are a reviewer (which I am not) but damn it I hate when it happens in GTA when you are driving somewhere and I hate it here. Grumble grumble.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
My one gripe with TLoU Part 2 is they went down the Rockstar route. Dialogue you can miss by travelling too fast. Having a heart to heart conversation - oops you crossed an invisible barrier and that conversation is lost to the wind. Not worth knocking points off a score if you are a reviewer (which I am not) but damn it I hate when it happens in GTA when you are driving somewhere and I hate it here. Grumble grumble.

It didnt happen to me once in the first playthrougj cuz i explored the shit out of this game. Then few times in 2nd playthrough.. some dialogues would be hard to resume or get back to since they are connected with said place/environment.

The-JUV

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all I just got my collectors edition.

The fucking statue is huge lol. Feels worth it though. Haven't opened my steel book cause I already got the digital edition.

Is the steelbook in the colllectors edition sealed in shrink wrap? Most of my Sony CEs the steelbook has never been in shrink wrap, be sweet if this one cause I won't be opening mine either once it arrives

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the first gmae, and U4 got hate for forcing you to finish a conversation before you could progress with the game. So I get why they'd change it. Not sure what the compromise is to please both type of fans tbh, but I agree, it's the worse, especially in GTA.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
It didnt happen to me once in the first playthrougj cuz i explored the shit out of this game. Then few times in 2nd playthrough.. some dialogues would be hard to resume or get back to since they are connected with said place/environment.
Yeah I'm salty as I was exploring the shit out of it too and looking for conversation prompts and standing still incase I miss any and then just riding my horse, not galloping, and bam lost dialogue. It's fine, just salty.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

The easiest way to avoid that in Part II is to simply not sprint whenever a conversation is happening. Just walk/jog and it shouldn't get cut off.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I feel like the first gmae, and U4 got hate for forcing you to finish a conversation before you could progress with the game. So I get why they'd change it. Not sure what the compromise is to please both type of fans tbh, but I agree, it's the worse, especially in GTA.
I didn't know they got flack for that. I guess I fall into the camp of if they are going to go to the effort of writing dialogue, recording dialogue and having you hear it out in an open or semi-open/wide linear whatever then I would like to hear it. It breaking off is immersion-breaking which is the exact opposite effect they were going for I feel like. I don't know what the compromise is.

Status
Not open for further replies.