• Silent but Violent

Votes: 229 28.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
At this point the only thing possibly stopping Ghost from crossing the 10M mark is Sucker Punch not putting out a PS5 patch, and the PS5 shift maybe cutting it's legs (which thankfully, Even that is not too likely to be much of a factor thanks to PS4 BC)

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I think Gamstat is great but let's not take everything there as gospel. There are some games that really makes you work for a trophy. You can spend your entire Last Guardian journey only earning a trophy by completing the game.

What's gamestat? Trying to find what brought up the conversation and maybe I'm just blind but I can't see it.

Who knows, not unheard of to have a digital event running parallel to Gamescom (even though I agree it's highly unlikely).

I'm not ruling anything out but also not getting my expectations too high.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know much about how PS4 BC will work? Last I remember, it was 1000s of the most popular games would work?

Deleted member 66837

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 24, 2020
What's gamestat? Trying to find what brought up the conversation and maybe I'm just blind but I can't see it.
It's a site for tracking how many people own/played a game
Do we know much about how PS4 BC will work? Last I remember, it was 1000s of the most popular games would work?
Three modes: Native, Ps4 Pro Boost, PS4 Base they're testing the PS4 catalogue to confirm they all can run on Native mode

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Not entirely clear, but they fumbled the message - the "1000 tested" or whatever is just them making sure the most popular games work without a hitch on the PS5, the idea is that all games are playable though some might have unforseen bugs, which is why they've been coy on the subject as they are still working toward 100% backwards compatibility.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
At this point the only thing possibly stopping Ghost from crossing the 10M mark is Sucker Punch not putting out a PS5 patch, and the PS5 shift maybe cutting it's legs (which thankfully, Even that is not too likely to be much of a factor thanks to PS4 BC)

I'm curious if Sony is planning to have significant PS5 upgrade patches on Day One or if we'll be going with the base-level system upgrades for a bit. Most of my PS5 day one purchases will be PS4 games if they all have patches ready to go, otherwise I'll keep waiting for bigger discounts. I wouldn't even be mad if Sony kept a lot of these big PS4 titles at full price through PS5 launch if they'll have PS5 patches on day one.

Virtually all of them should just work natively with some improvements like the PS4 Pro's boost mode. We don't have any idea yet how many/which titles will be getting specific PS5 upgrade patches.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
Players after 30 Days:

1. Spider Man - 7.1M
  2. God Of War - 5.5M
  3. TLOU2 - 5.5M

Players after 57 Days:

1. Spider Man - 8.35M
  2. God Of War - 6.85M
  3. TLOU2 - 6.2M

TLOU2 is following behind the other 2 big titles and it should continue until we know more about MP.

Players after 30 Days(Vs Sony):

1. Ghost of Tsushima - 4.3M
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn - 2.84M
  3. Days Gone - 2.46M

GoT is performing on par with sequels instead of new IP, so it a massive sucess.

GOT vs 3 party titles on ps4(2020 only[30 Days]):

1. Final Fantasy - 3,62M
  2. RE3 - 1,34M
  3. Doom Eternal - 0,849M
  4. Nioh 2 - 0,670M

GoT stack against other major titles on ps4 is perfoming very well and in case of FF7, it is at 4.4M after 4 months against GoT 30 Days at 4.3M.
I wonder if the "Sony Brand" at this Point is so strong that everything that at least gets a mid 80 on Metacritic and good word of mouth is able to sell such an high amount of Copies. Even Days Gone got saved by it, even though that was critically panned, but you see it has lower metrics than Ghost for example.

Sangetsu-II

Oct 26, 2017
Do you happen to know how far I am? I just had a run in with the Cultists in the Hidden City. It's a race against the clock for me to finish this before September 1st 😂

You are a little behind story wise than me, I think we can make it. I feel the story is short and everything else is open world filler. I did everything until the part you're at and reached 47% completion.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Manifold Garden is ridiculously gorgeous, especially in 4K. It's like Bound and The Witness had a baby. Wish I was in the mood for a puzzler right now.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Players after 30 Days:

1. Spider Man - 7.1M
  2. God Of War - 5.5M
  3. TLOU2 - 5.5M

Players after 57 Days:

1. Spider Man - 8.35M
  2. God Of War - 6.85M
  3. TLOU2 - 6.2M

TLOU2 is following behind the other 2 big titles and it should continue until we know more about MP.

Players after 30 Days(Vs Sony):

1. Ghost of Tsushima - 4.3M
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn - 2.84M
  3. Days Gone - 2.46M

GoT is performing on par with sequels instead of new IP, so it a massive sucess.

GOT vs 3 party titles on ps4(2020 only[30 Days]):

1. Final Fantasy - 3,62M
  2. RE3 - 1,34M
  3. Doom Eternal - 0,849M
  4. Nioh 2 - 0,670M

GoT stack against other major titles on ps4 is perfoming very well and in case of FF7, it is at 4.4M after 4 months against GoT 30 Days at 4.3M.
While TLoU2 is obviously a huge success overall, it does seem like all the negativity, controversy, and poor word of mouth from a very loud segment of the gaming community has hurt its legs a bit.

It's a shame, because it's my GOTG and possibly my GOAT (gonna have to wait a while for any recency bias to fade though).

I've known plenty of people IRL who don't know anything specifically regarding what all the negativity is about, but just the general negative reactions from such a loud cross section of both the "gamers" and some gaming media was enough to remove the game from their radar for the time being, despite them loving the first one.

Meanwhile, everyone I know IRL who's actually played it loved it.

I still don't understand how some of the non-homophobic, non-misogynist people who still hate the game arrived at their conclusions. I've seen/read plenty of very negative takes from places like Polygon and plenty others throughout the spoiler thread, and it feels like we played different games or something. I just really don't get the visceral negativity in so many of these takes, especially when it seems like the gameplay (you know, the thing you spend the majority of the time doing) is universally recognized as being top class.

It wouldn't bother me so much, especially since overall critical reception was actually very positive, and I don't even care much about scores (some of my favorite games, like Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn on the Wii, received some pretty middling reviews). It's just that I know a lot of bigots have been signal boosting those takes to offer a veneer of credibility to their hateful bullshit, and it's been somewhat successful in portraying the overall response as "mixed" in the eyes of the mainstream, I think.

Deleted member 66837

Banned
Apr 24, 2020
Does anyone know if the game reveals are all going to be on the first day of Gamescom or is it going to be spread out?

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
While TLoU2 is obviously a huge success overall, it does seem like all the negativity, controversy, and poor word of mouth from a very loud segment of the gaming community has hurt its legs a bit.

It's a shame, because it's my GOTG and possibly my GOAT (gonna have to wait a while for any recency bias to fade though).

I've known plenty of people IRL who don't know anything specifically regarding what all the negativity is about, but just the general negative reactions from such a loud cross section of both the "gamers" and some gaming media was enough to remove the game from their radar for the time being, despite them loving the first one.

Meanwhile, everyone I know IRL who's actually played it loved it.

I still don't understand how some of the non-homophobic, non-misogynist people who still hate the game arrived at their conclusions. I've seen/read plenty of very negative takes from places like Polygon and plenty others throughout the spoiler thread, and it feels like we played different games or something. I just really don't get the visceral negativity in so many of these takes, especially when it seems like the gameplay (you know, the thing you spend the majority of the time doing) is universally recognized as being top class.

It wouldn't bother me so much, especially since overall critical reception was actually very positive, and I don't even care much about scores (some of my favorite games, like Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn on the Wii, received some pretty middling reviews). It's just that I know a lot of bigots have been signal boosting those takes to offer a veneer of credibility to their hateful bullshit, and it's been somewhat successful in portraying the overall response as "mixed" in the eyes of the mainstream, I think.

I don't know. I think it has more to do with a combination of it being a "Hard R" and the fact it's a straight sequel, which pretty much requires playing through the original in its entirety. These weren't hurdles for Spider-Man or even God of War despite the M rating and it having previous installments. I also imagine some are waiting for PS5 and/or when the world isn't so depressing to dive in.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Part II is a massive success. I truly find it hard to care if it ends up as the PlayStation's 3rd best selling game or 7th. It's a huge AAA game that took a risk with the franchise's biggest selling point(the narrative).

Being disappointed in it selling 15m vs 20m is part of the reason why AAA games are so homogenous and play it mind-numbingly safe. The game probably turned profit within the first 3 days of launch and I hope it encourages more AAA projects to take risks.

plow

Oct 28, 2017
Wouldn't read too much into these stats. Majority of Gamers bought TLOU2 Digital, so i assume the digital ratio is a lot higher. That' makes it difficult to resell and lend a game to a fried. Things that where possible with Spiderman and GOW ( i finished GOW in 2 weeks and lend it to a friend ).

Deleted member 66837

Banned
Apr 24, 2020
I don't know. I think it has more to do with a combination of it being a "Hard R" and the fact it's a straight sequel, which pretty much requires playing through the original in its entirety. These weren't hurdles for Spider-Man or even God of War despite the M rating and it having previous installments. I also imagine some are waiting for PS5 and/or when the world isn't so depressing to dive in.
Especially since it hasn't been on sale yet which is a big factor for games having second lives. Once the MP releases then it'll more accurate to see the game's legs

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
True, those are good points.

Oct 25, 2017
It's a site for tracking how many people own/played a game

Three modes: Native, Ps4 Pro Boost, PS4 Base they're testing the PS4 catalogue to confirm they all can run on Native mode

Might be outta my element but shouldn't it be noted that the ps4 boost mode should also fare better on ps5 due to not having access to all of the ps4's CUs without some kinda dev patch?

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
COD teaser this Wednesday(19)
COD trailer reveal next Wednesday(26)
COD gameplay reveal at the PS5 State of Play(02)

tenor.gif

Deleted member 66837

Banned
Apr 24, 2020
Might be outta my element but shouldn't it be noted that the ps4 boost mode should also fare better on ps5 due to not having access to all of the ps4's CUs without some kinda dev patch?
That i'm not too sure. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can answer but from the Cerny talk it seemed like the Pro mode is just how it'd run on Pro and Ps4 base is simply how it runs on PS4. Only Native provides a PS5 level boost, definitely could be wrong tho!

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
And I think I'm done with this generation. After Tsushima, Aegis Rim is the only upcoming release I might buy for PS4.

- Here's my PlayStation top 5 (in no order):

- TLOU: Part II
- Bloodborne
- God of War
- Death Stranding
- The Last Guardian

- While these are some of my other highlights:

- Soma
- Inside
- Devil May Cry V
- Monster Hunter: World
- Alien: Isolation

I hope to look back on these lists some day, see how they stand. As for Tsushima, it was a fine, beautiful effort, though it left me feeling colder the more I played. There's too much iteration for my taste, a lack of progress and invention by the time you hit the final (and slightly rushed) act. Brilliant vistas didn't always get to hide the frequent shallowness of its mission/encounter design, yet to its credit, it was close most of the time. The few mythic tales were an absolute delight (except for a particular one); it's the blueprint from which future entries in the series should be created. In general, I feel satisfied with the result; a new exploration of the formula will surely fix some of its weaknesses, strengthen its many virtues. It feels like a good starting point.

Last edited:

starblue

Oct 28, 2017

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
I still don't understand how some of the non-homophobic, non-misogynist people who still hate the game arrived at their conclusions.
First thing, it's a massive success and it took years and two releases for the first game to hit 20M. This is after sales and bundles. I'm not even sure it hit 20, 17M is the official number.

To your quoted point, the team already knew it was going to be divisive. The game is not easily digestible like the first, and it's simply not something everyone wants to play since the script is more akin to Shakespeare tragedies than a typical AAA story driven game. It also ask a lot more of the player than you average game if you are/were invested in the story and characters.

I think it will release again on PS5 and usher in new fans, but it was never going to be universally loved, and ND knew that going in.

JetroPT

Jun 11, 2019
csm_leak_UI_952be09478.png

www.notebookcheck.net

Supposed PlayStation 5 user interface details leaked by disgruntled game developer and fan offers up smooth UI concept integrating official PS5 boot screen

Purported details of the PS5 UI have been leaked by a seemingly disgruntled game developer who claimed to have been working on the latest Call of Duty title. In the meantime, a fan has utilized the official PlayStation 5 boot screen to come up with a fresh-looking UI concept for the next-gen...

How does sharing details of the PS5 UI fuck over Activision? Seems like it's fucking over Sony by sharing all that before they do. That is if it's even true, which reddit posts very rarely tend to be.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
csm_leak_UI_952be09478.png

www.notebookcheck.net

Supposed PlayStation 5 user interface details leaked by disgruntled game developer and fan offers up smooth UI concept integrating official PS5 boot screen

Purported details of the PS5 UI have been leaked by a seemingly disgruntled game developer who claimed to have been working on the latest Call of Duty title. In the meantime, a fan has utilized the official PlayStation 5 boot screen to come up with a fresh-looking UI concept for the next-gen...

Rumble features on a theme? Sounds like a terrible idea I'm sure you can disable it and all, but why?

Status
Not open for further replies.