• Silent but Violent

Votes: 229 28.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

iareec

Banned
Jul 19, 2020
What I will say isn't for console warring, but I have supported more Xbox than Playstation since I sold my Playstation 4, because (by preference) I like what Microsoft is doing (differently) with Xbox, but I wish they had a great marketing team as Playstation has. I love that new Global ad and to be honest, just the ad hyped (me) more than Xbox Games Showcase.
Again, not to say this good and this bad, just giving my impressions about all we have for now and I can't wait for what's coming next.
Xbox needs a new marketing team, they can't hype things, like all those games showed in XGS coming for Game Pass wasn't talked that much because marketing is poor, meanwhile if this happened with PS Now, I'm sure Playstation would do a better marketing and actually make a lot of people talk about it.

Oct 25, 2017
Aye, I saw in initial bom articles that NAND was a big concern (prices projected to rise by 40% back in January), but that did not come true. In fact there is oversupply and lower cost, and manufacturing capability continues to increase.

www.fierceelectronics.com

And now, thanks to COVID, a decline in NAND prices

COVID-19 has upended just about every economic sector. However, some chipmakers have recently reported strong second quarter earnings despite the pandemic’s impact, including AMD and Qualcomm. | Not everything in the semiconductor sector is rosy
So maybe one of the reasons they decided to increase the PS5 production?

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
"The haptic feedback precision allows us to do all sorts of new things. In Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, we'll be hinting to players which direction attacks are coming from by providing haptic feedback from the appropriate direction on the DualSense wireless controller. What does it feel like to use Miles's stealth ability? How does a Venom Blast feel? Because of the high resolution of DualSense wireless controller's haptics system, we can really push the dimensionality of the feedback. For instance, as you hold down Square to do a Venom Punch, you feel Spider-Man's bio-electricity crackle across from the left side of the controller, culminating in the right side on impact.

Hmm...some of this sounds hype, some of it sounds legit, ready to get this Dualsense, I hope they release it separately before the console.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I am not worried about Sackboy. The trailer in June looked like a launch trailer, not a teaser trailer.

Yeah I had it pegged as another launch game when I saw it, but a ratings leak by now is needed to have complete confidence.

I mean when I get my PS5, Sackboy will be the go to game to play with friends and family (who will probably be itching to try the PS5 when they see it lol) since the trailer showed a big co-op focus. Having that sort of game around the holidays can go a long way for Sony

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
9mS50Mm.jpg
THIS IS AN EXTREME THIRST

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only one that's a bit bummed out by all the focus on the DualSense? I feel like the majority of their marketing so far has been around that darn controller.

I dunno. I guess I'll remain skeptical until we're a few years into next-gen and know whether first/third party developers continue to really utilize it. I loved the haptic stuff on Switch, but it didn't take long for developers to stop using and/or talking about it.
Its a big leap and does change alot how games will be played
Seriously. There is nothing I care less about than controller features. Please tell us what kind of games we can expect! It's been long enough already.
Its the most important part of a console so that pretty odd.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
"For instance, as you hold down Square to do a Venom Punch, you feel Spider-Man's bio-electricity crackle across from the left side of the controller, culminating in the right side on impact." –Brian Horton // Creative Director, Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales"

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Its the most important part of a console so that pretty odd.

Some people don't care about haptic feedback. Like I get nothing out of the example Lashley just posted - I'd probably just turn the feature off entirely because that kind of stuff provides no value to me and only results in faster battery drain.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
New DualSense pictures from Amazon.

618ClXd-btL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71pP5V5e-1L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

PlayStation 5 DualSense Wireless Controller: Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

Buy PlayStation 5 DualSense Wireless Controller from Amazon.co.uk. Everyday low prices on a huge range of consoles, games and accessories.

Well, i'm not really a fan of white devices, i never would buy a white mobile, laptop or tablet.
But i have to say the controller did kinda grew on me. Well, i don't have any other chance.
On the plus side, it really makes you keep those things clean and in good "condition".

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Aye, I saw in initial bom articles that NAND was a big concern (prices projected to rise by 40% back in January), but that did not come true. In fact there is oversupply and lower cost, and manufacturing capability continues to increase.

www.fierceelectronics.com

And now, thanks to COVID, a decline in NAND prices

COVID-19 has upended just about every economic sector. However, some chipmakers have recently reported strong second quarter earnings despite the pandemic’s impact, including AMD and Qualcomm. | Not everything in the semiconductor sector is rosy

Wow, good find.

A country that reelects doesn't deserve the PS5.

Agreed. Give our supply to Canada if we cement ourselves as a shithole by reelecting that shit stain.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So maybe one of the reasons they decided to increase the PS5 production?
Yep.

Memory price impacts directly the two main advantages the PS5 has over the Series X (more GDDR6 and SSD), so it would make sense a lower cost would make them confident in a lower launch price, hence higher sales.
Heck, starting to make me think a $399 PS5 DE might be in play, which would def explain confidence in large volumes.

The news cycle is funny, because we are in a way going through the same motions we did back with the PS4, when people were saying Sony could never include 8Gb of GDDR5 under $499.

Oct 25, 2017
Yep.

Memory price impacts directly the two main advantages the PS5 has over the Series X (more GDDR6 and SSD), so it would make sense a lower cost would make them confident in a lower launch price, hence higher sales.
Heck, starting to make me think a $399 PS5 DE might be in play, which would def explain confidence in large volumes.

The news cycle is funny, because we are in a way going through the same motions we did back with the PS4, when people were saying Sony could never include 8Gb of GDDR5 under $499.
Just can't wait to see what the reality is. The predictions are all over the place.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
If you think the game is linear, then yes it's not for you. And thank fuck it's not more open world, we don't need every game to be. As for your other complaints, fair play.
Yeah but there's linear and then there's just "look for the ledges, press x and up lots of times"
Im not disliking the game, it's just nowhere near what I expected considering the reviews and also how incredible TLOU2 was and this being the same developer

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
i mean the controller is the single most important part of a console - you are hold it for 100% of your time with this machine - and i'm very happy with all dualsense news and features.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah but there's linear and then there's just "look for the ledges, press x and up lots of times"
Im not disliking the game, it's just nowhere near what I expected considering the reviews and also how incredible TLOU2 was and this being the same developer
What are linear examples where it's done well then? I love the gameplay, it's dynamic as hell and the rope is optional and you're basically Indiana Jones when using it. It feels good as hell.

Personally I like Uncharted more than TLOU 2 by some distance, though the gameplay in TLOU2 is definitely better.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Am I the only one that's a bit bummed out by all the focus on the DualSense? I feel like the majority of their marketing so far has been around that darn controller.

I dunno. I guess I'll remain skeptical until we're a few years into next-gen and know whether first/third party developers continue to really utilize it. I loved the haptic stuff on Switch, but it didn't take long for developers to stop using and/or talking about it.

Until then, it just feels like a marketing ploy.

They are selling what makes PS5 a different experience than just another new powerful console. The platform has to be widely conveyed to consumers before they can go the more traditional route of showcasing the software.

I can see they want to get in peoples minds that games are going to look great, feel great, and sound great on the PS5. Most people want a brand new experience when they buy a new console, this is doing a nice job saying that the gaming experience is going to hit a new level of immersion. The huge consumer base they target doesn't know about or care about how many Ks or pixels are added to the screen, what ray tracing is, or even what an SSD is.

So I would say it is pretty important they focus on it.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
Why do so many think $599 could happen now? Is it only the DF comments about it or something else that I've missed?
In regards to xbox, XSX HotChips presentation. XSX is supposedly quite a bit more expensive than X1X. Plus XSS would be the one they likely lose money on, not the premium model.
Many people are under the assumption that ps5 is a more expensive console to make than the xsx.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
Its a big leap and does change alot how games will be played

I will be rightfully shocked if the DualSense legitimately changes how games are played/developed. Especially when third party titles still have to develop for at least two platforms (Xbox and PC) that do not have these features.

They are selling what makes PS5 a different experience than just another new powerful console. The platform has to be widely conveyed to consumers before they can go the more traditional route of showcasing the software.

I can see they want to get in peoples minds that games are going to look great, feel great, and sound great on the PS5. Most people want a brand new experience when they buy a new console, this is doing a nice job saying that the gaming experience is going to hit a new level of immersion. The huge consumer base they target doesn't know about or care about how many Ks or pixels are added to the screen, what ray tracing is, or even what an SSD is.

So I would say it is pretty important they focus on it.

I get why they're doing it, I'm just personally tired of it at this point in the game.

Sangetsu-II

Oct 26, 2017
Random Thursday delivers again. On another note, why did Deathloop have to be delayed, wanted to feel the Dualsense triggers jamming when the gun jams in game 😔. They quoted the most innovative feature along side Ratchet's Enforcer secondary fire.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
People are going to have a rude awakening about the PS5's first year, not those who have good expectations, but those who are expecting a barebones launch window-year for some reason.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
What I will say isn't for console warring, but I have supported more Xbox than Playstation since I sold my Playstation 4, because (by preference) I like what Microsoft is doing (differently) with Xbox, but I wish they had a great marketing team as Playstation has. I love that new Global ad and to be honest, just the ad hyped (me) more than Xbox Games Showcase.
Again, not to say this good and this bad, just giving my impressions about all we have for now and I can't wait for what's coming next.
Xbox needs a new marketing team, they can't hype things, like all those games showed in XGS coming for Game Pass wasn't talked that much because marketing is poor, meanwhile if this happened with PS Now, I'm sure Playstation would do a better marketing and actually make a lot of people talk about it.

The PlayStation division of Sony has way more money to spend than the Xbox division of MS. What you saw cost a pretty penny to say they least, and the fact that they are advertising it in August and globally..... it costs a lot to do this. Not only that, but they had an ad spot for their June PS5 showcase which only added more to the marketing bill.

So yes, PS5 marketing (and PS marketing in general) has been great but it also boils down to how much you have to work with. Time is also a factor, the PS5 gives me the impression that they have been planning EVERYTHING about it for a long time including the marketing campaign.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
I will be rightfully shocked if the DualSense legitimately changes how games are played/developed. Especially when third party titles still have to develop for at least two platforms (Xbox and PC) that do not have these features.
It's ok if change happens slowly. If a quarter of games released for PS5 make good use of the Dual Sense and leave a positive impression on consumers, it can lead to other manufacturer making controllers with those features at which point it can be more standardized. You saw this happen with something as simple as the Share button and Photo modes this generation.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
It's ok if change happens slowly. If a quarter of games released for PS5 make good use of the Dual Sense and leave a positive impression on consumers, it can lead to other manufacturer making controllers with those features at which point it can be more standardized. You saw this happen with something as simple as the Share button and Photo modes this generation.

Most definitely, though I'll remain skeptical until that point. With that said, I'm really excited to use the DualSense! I loved haptic feedback on Switch, and the trigger stuff sounds interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.